Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

37 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Stats are one thing but you can worry the opposition without troubling the statisticians. Fatawu has been more direct and more of a menace to his full back in recent games. It might not always result in a clear cut chance but he's definitely been more of a threat than Stephy (probably because his early form has had defenders doubling up on him and restricting his chances)

To be fair Madividi had his fullback on toast at Swansea.

Always going to be more space of the right as team see Madividi and KDH in tandem a massive threat. Macteer has benefitted from this, let's hope Fatawua does the same.

Madividi still edging it for me over the season on consistency.

Actually exciting that thete is a debate over the likes of Fatawua, Madividi, Macteer and Akgun rather then just having Barnes.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Thought Fatawu was very good again tonight. He beats defenders with easy and always looks a danger

Agreed, has way more intent to take on players than many wingers we've have recently. Just needs a bit more composure with the final ball

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Thought Fatawu was very good again tonight. He beats defenders with easy and always looks a danger

He done ok, but. needs to work harder without the ball.

Stephy had the same problem initially but seems to be learning.

He worked back along the line helping out defensively.

Enzo will improve him so I've no worries there.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

He has already tracked back more than barnes....

I don't think he tracks back anymore than Barnes. The difference is he closes space or puts tackles in which is something Barnes didn't do.

He's clearly taking in what Enzo is telling him and so I think he'll have a good season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He done ok, but. needs to work harder without the ball.

Stephy had the same problem initially but seems to be learning.

He worked back along the line helping out defensively.

Enzo will improve him so I've no worries there.

Stats disagree.IMG_0875.thumb.jpeg.63e3d4c225171996c995aa3d60b4a809.jpeg

18 hours ago, Phenom said:

Stats disagree.IMG_0875.thumb.jpeg.63e3d4c225171996c995aa3d60b4a809.jpeg

lol

Lucky that evidence is there but if I’m being honest it looks very obvious to me that he works very hard either end. 

Remember him busting a gut in the second half to throw himself in front of the ball on the right hand side of our box. I’ve not seen stuff like that from a winger for us in years. 

Still lots to improve on but he looks the real deal IMO and if we have an agreed transfer fee below £20m then we’ve done well. 

19 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't think he tracks back anymore than Barnes. The difference is he closes space or puts tackles in which is something Barnes didn't do.

He's clearly taking in what Enzo is telling him and so I think he'll have a good season.

Did Barnes ever track back? It certainly wasn't anything like Mavididi does.

Edited by hackneyfox

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Did Barnes ever track back? It certainly wasn't anything like Mavididi does.

That was my point, He rarely did and when he did he made little effort to tackle an opponent.

Stephy does chase back and made a few interceptions when Roberts was threatening late in the game, which is a good sign going forward from here.