Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

14 hours ago, LVFox said:

Best winger at the club for me. Far more threatening one on ons than Mavididi. Needs to work on his decision making and final ball a little but for 19 years old he's a real talent 

Because he gets more space, with Madividi and KDH on the left, teams often overload on our left, which leaves more space on the right. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Because he gets more space, with Madividi and KDH on the left, teams often overload on our left, which leaves more space on the right. 

Exactly why McAteer has flourished 

The pendulum will swing and eventually Mavididi will get the space when teams try to stop our right sided threats.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I like him a lot, hopefully his numbers pick up a little though. We're a quarter of the way through the season and he has 1 goal and 1 assist. If he finished with 4 goals and 4 assists I think he'd be disappointed. 

It was only poor finishing that prevented 3 assists in his first few sub appearances. I've noticed though he's cutting inside and trying to switch the play alot lately, probably too much for me. Second half against Sunderland was much better as he was back to taking on the full back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

It was only poor finishing that prevented 3 assists in his first few sub appearances. I've noticed though he's cutting inside and trying to switch the play alot lately, probably too much for me. Second half against Sunderland was much better as he was back to taking on the full back.

He can take on a fullback and succeeds more than he fails…. That is a rare skill…

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I actually think he has more space because we attack more commonly down the left, so naturally the opponent has more defenders in that area.

Mavididi is seeing far more of the ball than Fatawu in games but not in 1 on 1 situations.

Fatawu is 19 and learning, I can see the comments about his numbers improving but as I said the other day, name a 19 year old winger from any league that isn’t inconsistent?

We have a proper talent on our hands who knows how to track back whilst being an explosive winger - enjoy seeing the lad develop and most likely be sold for big money within 2/3 years if he kicks on like he should do.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sign him up!

Beats his man for fun, every single game. He is so, so dangerous.

It's funny, after years of not having a quality winger on the right-hand side, now if anything I feel like the other side is the problem!

Both side are fine for me.

Think we are nitpicking.

• Like 1

I love that you can see him learning from senior pros with every game.

Crossing from Albrighton

Defensive duties from Ricardo

Being a sh*thouse from Vardy

Only a matter of time until he's running the full length of the pitch towards the away end, celebrating a goal with a comedic impression of the animal on that team's badge.

THEY GROW UP SO FAST

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, jimsmallman said:

Only a matter of time until he's running the full length of the pitch towards the away end, celebrating a goal with a comedic impression of the animal on that team's badge.

Perhaps my favourite Vards wind up. He didn't run the length of the pitch though, it was scored at that end - the Homesdale stand. 

Animal impressions? It was certainly preferable to this one...

baf.gif.49717cb5e6057d21dc9d9fe07cf2a039.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Mavididi ends the QPR match with a goal and an assist, so on paper that sounds great. But he needs to work on the things that make Fatawu so good. Countless times across the last 3 or 4 matches, Fatawu receives the ball, jinks past his man and gets into the box and puts in a really dangerous ball. I am not surprised at all that he's got a player sent off, because he was embarrassing QPR all day.

I feel like Mavididi has it in his skillset to do a very similar thing, but he turns back way more often that Fatawu. He needs to be more direct! Not every run Fatawu comes off, but more times than not, something happens. For a 19 year old, it's incredibly impressive and we simply must sign him up. I think it's inevitable we do!

I think they give us a decent balance, I also think our left side get a lot more attention the the right with KDH and the LCB getting forward more which restrict space.

Fatawu often has more room to work with.

I agree Mavididi has the skill set to be better, but trust Enzo to get the best out of him.

For me they are both very welcome additions to the squad.

Be nice if the can both get around 10-15 goals and assists.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think they give us a decent balance, I also think our left side get a lot more attention the the right with KDH and the LCB getting forward more which restrict space.

Fatawu often has more room to work with.

I agree Mavididi has the skill set to be better, but trust Enzo to get the best out of him.

For me they are both very welcome additions to the squad.

Be nice if the can both get around 10-15 goals and assists.

Completely agree regarding Mavididi I reckon he’ll be a regular scorer soon, a little more composure and he’ll be finishing many more of the numerous chances he has, great addition to the squad and it’s great to see us playing with wingers who actually create and cause the opposition problems 

• Like 1

We're at a stage of the season where teams want to sit back and take whatever they can get. Stifling for a draw most of the time. When we reach the back end of the season where teams need points for survival/promotion/playoffs, our wingers might be afforded more space when teams have to be a bit more ambitious.

It's going to be one of the more interesting dynamics to change when we go back up, just how our wingers will thrive or falter. At present although their numbers aren't incredible, they're doing well given that most teams are trying to sabotage their ability by sitting in and making games defensive training routines.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Mavididi ends the QPR match with a goal and an assist, so on paper that sounds great. But he needs to work on the things that make Fatawu so good. Countless times across the last 3 or 4 matches, Fatawu receives the ball, jinks past his man and gets into the box and puts in a really dangerous ball. I am not surprised at all that he's got a player sent off, because he was embarrassing QPR all day.

I feel like Mavididi has it in his skillset to do a very similar thing, but he turns back way more often that Fatawu. He needs to be more direct! Not every run Fatawu comes off, but more times than not, something happens. For a 19 year old, it's incredibly impressive and we simply must sign him up. I think it's inevitable we do!

I don’t think we can assume,everything the players do is off their own back..

Now I am going to assume..

# Enzo wants one wing to drive forward to open right side..Fatawu

# Enzo wants the other winger,,make a dart,but not commit and recycle…Mavididi.

# The other week Fatawu was asked not to drive to the bye-line and

recycled the ball. Another poster complained/asked why Fatawu didn’t burn up

the space in front of him..

I don’t believe we are seeing anything out of the ordinary..Enzo is still himself learning & each week will ask his driving players,to take different stance & tactic, probably because the split when playing Casadei or Ndidi..

Guest Kopfkino

Did he know what he was doing with the sending off knowing their player would walk into it or was he just actually pissed off?

Tbh no idea how that’s not a straight red anyway. It’s a challenge that’s getting at least a yellow in rugby, how’s grabbing someone round the neck whilst they’re running not endangering an opponent?