Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

I can't fathom why his performance in the 2nd half suddenly dropped off after such an electric first half. 

Not sure why he stopped running at him. Even when Summerville hadn't tracked back and it was a 1 on 1 with a full back on a yellow, he'd slow it down. 

Was desperate for him to score as he was our best player first half, and most likely to make something happen. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I can't fathom why his performance in the 2nd half suddenly dropped off after such an electric first half. 

Not sure why he stopped running at him. Even when Summerville hadn't tracked back and it was a 1 on 1 with a full back on a yellow, he'd slow it down. 

Was desperate for him to score as he was our best player first half, and most likely to make something happen. 

Tiredness? Played a lot of minutes recently and he was electric first half. 

We really need some options from the bench to help share the load our wingers are currently doing 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Both winger did. Both stopped running at their man ams start holding it up and Leeds scrambled back to double up. It had to have come from the manager. 

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Tiredness? Played a lot of minutes recently and he was electric first half. 

We really need some options from the bench to help share the load our wingers are currently doing 

We had kasey, should have come on last 30 mins. Can’t think of one reason if he is fit, why enzo didn’t bring him on

Just now, Claridge said:

We had kasey, should have come on last 30 mins. Can’t think of one reason if he is fit, why enzo didn’t bring him on

Thought that too. Maybe Kasey is still at 80-90% though. Fatawu was still dangerous right to the end, but there was a definite drop off 2nd half. 

Need some players back fit and possibly another attacking mid in January to step ahead of Casadei as he is struggling when starting games

29 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Byram took the ball off him once and he didn't run at him again after that until the last 5mins. He's a big confidence player I think

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Absolutely bang on 👍

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Thought that too. Maybe Kasey is still at 80-90% though. Fatawu was still dangerous right to the end, but there was a definite drop off 2nd half. 

Need some players back fit and possibly another attacking mid in January to step ahead of Casadei as he is struggling when starting games

Fatawu definitely faded a bit after a brilliant first half. Kasey would surely have come on after 60 minutes or so if fit. I think we missed Wilf a bit today too as we seemed a bit light in midfield. I like Casado but too often lost possession. I think he will come good in time but we do need more options as injuries inevitably happen. Ricky P was superb again today but I worry about our options if he gets injured. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It was weird, he'd have his chance against a single defender then slow it to the point the second midfielder has had chance to run into the doubling up  position

I have posted something similar in the tactics thread. I love watching this guy play so much, and he was brilliant in the first half,  but it was like he turned into Rachid Ghezzal in the second half. And I don't think that Leeds doubled up on him particularly. We often got him the ball in acres of space to attack the already booked Byram, and he would keep laying off simple passes sideways or backwards, or ping loopy crossfield passes to Mavididi. Was this what he was instructed to do?

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

Leeds did start to double up on him but even early on both wingers stopped trying to take players on despite having the fullbacks on toast first half. Looked like they'd been told to focus on ball retention when both are wildcards who need to be given free reign to just run at players 

18 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Do you not remember Mahrez, He was a bit special too.  Fatawu just needs to improve his final ball.

...watched Mahrez in his first game for us and at halftime (if memory serves me right) he was practising shooting at goal to the far post!!!

There was no one in goal, and he did not score a single goal, he missed all his attempts. When he came on there was an opportunity for him to shoot just inside the box across the keeper, as soon as he hit it, I said "yes" under my breath, and it ended up going wide of the far post, I just could not believe it.

Fatawu has it in his locker to do this, he just is not showing this:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

I truly think he’d been better with a target man to play off, those crosses are pointless otherwise. I do wonder if we’ll live to regret selling Hirst come end of the season

...we do seem intent on putting crosses in the box while we have no one in the team who can get in the box and is proficient in heading the ball!!!

Perhaps your run-of-the-mill forward will be more successful than your technically gifted player.

• Like 1