Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Hirst signed for Ipswich, with a team that can go ahead of us when they catch up on games!!!

I am a Hirst fan and have been watching him since the old U23s.

I'm nit saying people can't be a fan of him and its nothing against him. I just dont see the club being made to regret selling him. He just isn't good enough. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Great strength, great touch potentially a fantastic player but decision making is poor (what was those fcking cross field passes or deep crosses?)  - fortunately that something that can be coached. 

He's gonna be a PL player with us 

...he does tend to just put an aimless ball in when he does not know anything else to do!!!

I posted at the start of the season that we were going to see this, we are going to be pulling our hair out with this player.

On 04/11/2023 at 12:01, The Doctor said:

Leeds did start to double up on him but even early on both wingers stopped trying to take players on despite having the fullbacks on toast first half. Looked like they'd been told to focus on ball retention when both are wildcards who need to be given free reign to just run at players 

Annoyingly we didn't take advantage of them doubling up on Abdul by finding a free man elsewhere 

27 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Every time I see Fatawu, I think he'd be great as an 8, perhaps instead of Casadei at the moment. We've played Akgun there but I think Fatawu would be better with his running and physicality.

...I have suggested that previously, with his skillset, and he does have awareness!!!

The #8 role is more disciplined and I do not think it would suit him with the way he approaches the game. Akgun is more suited, I believe he can unlock defences with his choice of pass, and awareness, and would be a good foil for KDH

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sporting-lisbon-reveal-new-fee-8910663

Sporting Lisbon reveal new fee details about Abdul Fatawu’s Leicester City transfer

ByJames Pallatt
08:06, 16 NOV 2023

Leicester City paid Sporting Lisbon 750,000 euros to sign Abdul Fatawu, it has emerged.

The Foxes landed the Ghanaian forward on a season-long loan in the summer and the Portuguese club have now confirmed the loan fee City paid to bring him to the King Power Stadium. Sporting revealed the details of all the transfers they completed this year on Wednesday.

In their statement, Sporting added Leicester have a “purchase option that can become mandatory based on defined objectives” in the loan deal. It is said the Foxes would have to pay 17m euros to sign the 19-year-old if they win promotion to the Premier League this season.

Enzo Maresca’s side are currently on course to return to the top-flight at the first attempt, following relegation at the end of last season. They are top of the Championship, with 13 wins from 16 matches so far during this campaign.

They are eight points clear of third-placed Leeds United in the battle for automatic promotion and Fatawu has played his part in the club’s impressive season so far playing in 12 of their league matches and scoring one goal.

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Bargain considering his output so far and for his potential as he grows as a player. 

I'm surprised Sporting were happy with such a relatively low mandatory fee if we get promoted. 

His output of 1 goal and 1 assist? I would agree that his potential is great but his actual output so far has been average and I think he'd probably agree himself in that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

His output of 1 goal and 1 assist? I would agree that his potential is great but his actual output so far has been average and I think he'd probably agree himself in that. 

I meant generally in terms of his whole game. I agree the goals and assists could be more in number, but I like how he plays and approaches games, always on the front foot and attacking, and for only £750k. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I meant generally in terms of his whole game. I agree the goals and assists could be more in number, but I like how he plays and approaches games, always on the front foot and attacking, and for only £750k. 

Yeah I agree tbf, I backed him to score 2 at the weekend.

But numbers wise so far he's about level with 09/10 Danny N'Guessan. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

I want more from him and I think we'll eventually get it. He's missed two chances in two games that were what Mahrez went from missing in his first 1.5 seasons here to bludgeoning week in, week out.

He is the one player in this squad that if Maresca and his coaches are as good as we think they are, will work tirelessly to hone his technique and end product.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I want more from him and I think we'll eventually get it. He's missed two chances in two games that were what Mahrez went from missing in his first 1.5 seasons here to bludgeoning week in, week out.

He is the one player in this squad that if Maresca and his coaches are as good as we think they are, will work tirelessly to hone his technique and end product.

A 25 year old Fatawu get a couple of goals and a couple assists in the Leeds game.

Sam Byram couldn't hack it against him and Fatawu needed to show that killer instinct but instead I think he got carried away with the fact he could go past him as many times as he liked.

Needs coaching and fine tuning but i've got absolutely no problem with his attitude, physicality, ability or touch. With those four components it's hard to see him not making it.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1

On 04/11/2023 at 18:03, ARTY_FOX said:

Hopefully for him he goes on to have a great career. I just dont think he'll have one higher than the championship. 

Why start with a ( our own) 19 year old so negative..

opinion or not...Quite weird putting One of your One players down

so Early in his career...

FT tends to  have an Assembly Line of quite a few of you gentleman..who put down players like

Lineker, Vardy,Justin,Schlupp,Chilwell,Lennon, A.Smith ,Plus others who make strong

Profi-careers...I

Assembly-line Maintenance doesn't seem upto scratch lol

36 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why start with a ( our own) 19 year old so negative..

opinion or not...Quite weird putting One of your One players down

so Early in his career...

FT tends to  have an Assembly Line of quite a few of you gentleman..who put down players like

Lineker, Vardy,Justin,Schlupp,Chilwell,Lennon, A.Smith ,Plus others who make strong

Profi-careers...I

Assembly-line Maintenance doesn't seem upto scratch lol

Not really sure that what I've said puts anyone down. It's also not about fatawu. I think you've got that confused. The reply was about Hirst. Who isn't our players anymore. 

You'll also not find any post I've made putting any of those players 'down' either. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Not really sure that what I've said puts anyone down. It's also not about fatawu. I think you've got that confused. The reply was about Hirst. Who isn't our players anymore. 

You'll also not find any post I've made putting any of those players 'down' either. 

Probably put the name, instead of He, in a Fatawu topic.. :P

• Haha 1