Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

He’s one of the most promising players around according to FM. 100% a signing come the end of the season, he could develop into a serious player. 

...I  do not think we have seen anything near what he can do since he came here!!!

There is an abundance of talent, but I  suspect it will become Ghezzal mk2, a player with so much skill and exuberance but seemingly unable to display those skills on match days.

This league may just be a level he can cope with and get by in, as none of what I have seen him do prior to coming here is being replicated at game time.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  do not think we have seen anything near what he can do since he came here!!!

There is an abundance of talent, but I  suspect it will become Ghezzal mk2, a player with so much skill and exuberance but seemingly unable to display those skills on match days.

This league may just be a level he can cope with and get by in, as none of what I have seen him do prior to coming here is being replicated at game time.

He 19. No matter what his skills he needs to develop.

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Wtf? 

Not even vaguely similar to Ghezzal or his situation. 

This is an awful call. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The only thing holding Issahaku back is ultimately his decision making, while ghezzal had a quick mind his feet were often not accommodating, Issahaku is the opposite, he has all the raw minerals but if he doesn't sharpen up his mind he'll be just as ineffective as ghezzal was in the premier league

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mawuli said:

The only thing holding Issahaku back is ultimately his decision making, while ghezzal had a quick mind his feet were often not accommodating, Issahaku is the opposite, he has all the raw minerals but if he doesn't sharpen up his mind he'll be just as ineffective as ghezzal was in the premier league

...he has a habit when he runs out of ideas to shoot from silly distances and angles!!!

He has it in his armoury, just seems to not know when to use it and that is a worry.

I posted the first time I saw Mahrez, all he was doing in the interval was trying to bend the ball into the far post from just inside our outside the box. Over and over and I  did not see him score once (no keeper in goal, he was on his own).

The thing is, that is his (Fatawu) biggest strength, shooting across the keeper,  he has hit the post twice, but it is not as if he had committed to the technique,  just speculative pots at goal, not looking to bring the ball back inside the far post.

You have to ask yourself, why he isn't doing this, he is no shrinking violet.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Wtf? 

Not even vaguely similar to Ghezzal or his situation. 

This is an awful call. 

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

He's a raw 19 year old, ghezzal was in his prime when he arrived. The two are not comparable 

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

He 19. No matter what his skills he needs to develop.

More like Mahrez, who had his doubters in his first couple of seasons here because often we'd only see brief flashes of the brilliance yet to emerge.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 3

In this system I don't think our wingers will ever score or assist bucket loads, they're too wide to do so. The ST and AMs get the lions share of chances.

He'd probably score more in the PL due to the space as teams attack us more.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

In this system I don't think our wingers will ever score or assist bucket loads, they're too wide to do so. The ST and AMs get the lions share of chances.

He'd probably score more in the PL due to the space as teams attack us more.

...it is the interpretation of the system that stalls their contributions,  not that they are pulled so wide!!!

If we had #8s who were more creative then the wingers should be moving into that half space as soon as the #8 is in possession. This team should be working on "third-man-running" principles, reading and anticipation are missing from this team.

We buy better if we go up, or we coach these players to be better.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is the interpretation of the system that stalls their contributions,  not that they are pulled so wide!!!

If we had #8s who were more creative then the wingers should be moving into that half space as soon as the #8 is in possession. This team should be working on "third-man-running" principles, reading and anticipation are missing from this team.

We buy better if we go up, or we coach these players to be better.

The wingers maintain the width, if they combined in the half spaces we'd be so, so narrow. With an inverted FB and a wide CB we need the width from AIF and Mavididi, wider runs from the A`ms would help, KDH sometimes does.

I'd be interested to see how we'd play in a conventional 433 tbh rather than the 3241 (in possession). I think we might create more.

Who would want to be a winger in todays day and age? The fans expectations are that you glide past defenders every single time and put perfect crosses in the box everytime. Its even harder when a defence is very deep and congested. 

I knows its not Fatawu, but Mavadidi did this on saturday - https://youtu.be/0VfJYV07_7w?t=780 , which he should have got an assist for, and a few minutes later the bloke behind me was complaining that he never takes on the defender.  Nowadays the wingers need to use a bit of experience to know the exact right time to do this, and Fatawu is learning that on the job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

The wingers maintain the width, if they combined in the half spaces we'd be so, so narrow. With an inverted FB and a wide CB we need the width from AIF and Mavididi, wider runs from the A`ms would help, KDH sometimes does.

I'd be interested to see how we'd play in a conventional 433 tbh rather than the 3241 (in possession). I think we might create more.

...what I was envisaging was the Wingers stay out wide and hold their position as Maresca wants. but, depending on what side the ball is, if a winger is moving into the half-space where he is in full flow, his movement has triggered the pass!!!

We definitely can play this style better, we just do not have the talent to execute as Maresca would like to. He, Maresca is not going to change the way we play, not anytime soon.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I think this is possibly the strangest foxes talk post ever. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

He's a raw 19 year old, ghezzal was in his prime when he arrived. The two are not comparable 

He's also playing quite a bit better than Ghezzal.

Fatawu is good. Just needs to start adding the goals and assists. This is very much where Mahrez was at one point.

I don’t agree with the Ghezzal comments in the slightest BUT kinda see the “currently lacks end product” debate.

However, Fatawu is 19 has all the raw ingredients to be an extremely successful PL player - I don’t think we can say that about a huge percentage of our squad.

Let’s not write off a player new to the country, 19 and super talented before a third of a season 🙈