Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

9 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

That's a fair call. But in my defence. The video clip real of his Sporting Lisbon games in matches, on something akin to a Vicky Park pitch. Did make me question his readiness for the Championship. But glad to be proven wrong 

oh totally get it, just a bit of banter i suppose. 

I remember the season we got relegated to the first division i made a call on here at the beginning of the season saying that i was encouraged by the signings we had made and i dont know where we would finish, but it would be nowhere near the relegation zone. Someone had that as a quote in their signature for a few years :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LVFox said:

One of the biggest compliments I can give Fatawu, is he's making Mavididi look so poor in comparison. He's levels above most in this division already 

Kind of when we signed Mahrez, we had Knockaert/dyer but you could see that much more potential in Mahrez. Not saying he will be the next Mahrez but he looks class 

Watching him against their full backs last night was what it would be like if you put a professional winger in an amateur kids match.

I'm not exaggerating by saying I've never seen a player take it past people so easily.

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Kind of when we signed Mahrez, we had Knockaert/dyer but you could see that much more potential in Mahrez. Not saying he will be the next Mahrez but he looks class 

I really don't care for the habit of comparing young players to established stars.  The young lad looks like the real thing & not a copy of anyone else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

6 hours ago, Walshy5 said:

Looks like we may have finally cracked it with the left footed right winger signing at the 101st attempt after Mahrez.

5 hours ago, steveherbe said:

There will never be another Riyad........ Will there?

When he can anesthetize any ball, from any speed or angle, to a dead stop, then knock it onto number 9’s foot, all in a split second …
then I will know we’ve got the next Mahrez.  But that’s not going to happen again in my lifetime.  

And that's fine.  Fatawu as a mere teenager is more than exciting enough to float my boat.  (And, more interested in tracking back to defend than Riyad ever was.)

Realizing comparisons are inevitable, I still would like to move beyond them and let this kid develop his own career (and, hope against hope … legend?) ...

• Like 1

Gerrimsignedasap Rudders and do not f+ck about in the process.  If you have to take one Arsenal from our Portuguese friends in the process, well .....you do owe us fans that at least.