Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

13 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Watching him against their full backs last night was what it would be like if you put a professional winger in an amateur kids match.

I'm not exaggerating by saying I've never seen a player take it past people so easily.

One time in the first half he eventually knocked it past the defender and kind of jogged quickly after it, and the defender didn't even move. I think he was going through emotional problems, and I don't even blame him!

20 hours ago, DoveValleyFox said:

Please don't.  That's tempting fate for some clown in the Rudkin office f..k up the option to buy.

I’m not so worried about our side to be honest. Sporting are shrewd and will be well aware of his impact here. I don’t think it will be as easy to pry him away as it looks on paper. Hope I’m wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I’m not so worried about our side to be honest. Sporting are shrewd and will be well aware of his impact here. I don’t think it will be as easy to pry him away as it looks on paper. Hope I’m wrong. 

It depends on the specific terms of the agreement we have with them. It's possible that no party actually has a say. 

It might be that it's already done and dusted or becomes complete automatically if we get promoted or he plays a certain number of games, hence the term "obligation." In which case, we've quite possibly also agreed terms with the player in advance too (because it would absolutely suck as a selling club to agree an "obligation" only to have the player turn around and refuse.)

If its an "option" that's a little different. It's basically just agreeing a fee up front but there's largely no strings attached. Particularly for the player. He can turn down any bid if he wants, the option would then likely have an expiry date after which he'd be free to just do business with any other club. 

That's the biggest issue isn't it. If he does so well here that a bigger club want to sign him. I personally doubt that, mind. He'd have to break all kinds of Championship records. 

I'd like to see him drive into the box at goal a bit more. He's largely unselfish, aside from his potshots from range, but inside the box he'll scare defenders shitless. I think once he's got that down with end product (goals, not assists, a bit of selfishness) from his own dribbles he'll get a taste for it. And then it's Balon D'or innit.

I loved the way he got stuck in both today and against Millwall. We have to remember he is still only 19 and plenty of time to polish his decision making crossing and shooting. The raw materials are all there. Pace skill energy enthusiasm and tenacity.  Looks like he has really settled well into the team too. One of the brightest sparks of this season so far for me  Top - don’t let this lad get away. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Behave not even the best player at the club.

He has the potential to be but still has a lot to learn.

Who’s better then? Take him out our side and our threat goes down considerably. We don’t have a replacement for him. 

4 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Who’s better then? Take him out our side and our threat goes down considerably. We don’t have a replacement for him. 

Mads, Ndidi and Winks are just as important to us if I’m honest.

We don’t have just good players though, we have a bloody good system And squad. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Winks, Ndidi, KDH, Faes all proven PL players for a start.

Being a threat and being out best player are too different things.

I would be more concerned about those 4 missing a number of games than Fatawu.

If you said the most fun or exciting player that would be a different agruement.

Edited by coolhandfox

Genuinely gutted that he's only on loan.

Not only has he got bags of talent, and plenty of scope for massive development, he genuinely seems like a great personality. Looks like he just absolutely loves playing football and winning. I can see him being one of the favorite in the dressing room too just because of how boisterous & happy he is.

I do fear that Sporting are well aware of his talent though and wont want to let him go Permanent.

Just now, adejo92 said:

Genuinely gutted that he's only on loan.

Not only has he got bags of talent, and plenty of scope for massive development, he genuinely seems like a great personality. Looks like he just absolutely loves playing football and winning. I can see him being one of the favorite in the dressing room too just because of how boisterous & happy he is.

I do fear that Sporting are well aware of his talent though and wont want to let him go Permanent.

Pretty sure they can’t stop us if we meet the pre agreed loan to permanent requirements. 

The little nutter's definitely gonna be picking up some stupid suspensions and red cards in his career but how refreshing is it to have some players that look like they have some spine and personality on the pitch. Massive check for Enzo after Rodgers turned everyone into meek submissive cucks. Absolutely love this lad!

Can we get Mahrez in to teach him how to his those cut inside shots. Man sets himself up for at least one a game and it's a surprise if the ball stays inside the stadium, never mind getting close to the target lol

• Like 3