Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

As much as I want us to sign him permanently, I can't see it happening in January as we are unlikely to spend money on a player that is already in our squad. If Maresca has indicated to the board that he might want one or two new signings this window, we won't be using the cash we have on Fatawu, especially given we have an obligation in the summer anyway

I just don’t want him to progress so much that his head will get turned by bigger clubs. I’d rather we sign him in January and at least have him for another 18 months  then keep him for the season and he then be gone

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I just don’t want him to progress so much that his head will get turned by bigger clubs. I’d rather we sign him in January and at least have him for another 18 months  then keep him for the season and he then be gone

Depends what deal we have in place with Sporting, he may not have a choice but to join us. Also depends on our finances. Can we have £17m going out this January or do we need to wait until the summer so it goes on next seasons books? Only the people running the club will know these answers but I think it's highly unlikely that we could get Fatawu in Jan and have money left for other signings. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Depends what deal we have in place with Sporting, he may not have a choice but to join us. Also depends on our finances. Can we have £17m going out this January or do we need to wait until the summer so it goes on next seasons books? Only the people running the club will know these answers but I think it's highly unlikely that we could get Fatawu in Jan and have money left for other signings. 

I’d be ok with securing him and having no other signings..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Langston said:

About time we did Sporting after they sold us a bloke whose only attribute was the ball hitting his head and another who looked like a geriatric in midfield for a combined £55m.

€17m for this boy is daylight robbery.

That header merchant aside, I actually think that Adrien Silva is actually a good lad. Still remember that moment where he was not allowed to play due to our paperwork fk ups or something, and he was waiting for our boys in the tunnel in the cold winter to give them the cheer-on and the handshakes. When he eventually got to play, you could see there's quality in him, just that the game was too quick for his age. 

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

The defensive side of his game is amazing as well. So many times he gets back and tracks runners and makes interceptions and tackles and wins important headers. Like others have said, if he could start scoring a few more goals, he's going to be a hell of a talent 

He will, he's came close to a few goals, so it will come.

5 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

As much as I want us to sign him permanently, I can't see it happening in January as we are unlikely to spend money on a player that is already in our squad. If Maresca has indicated to the board that he might want one or two new signings this window, we won't be using the cash we have on Fatawu, especially given we have an obligation in the summer anyway

There’s absolutely no reason for us to buy him in January, why even consider that?

• Like 1

That worldy into the top corner is coming isn't it!

What a talent he is, and he has so much potential to get better too.

Love his attitude and enthusiasm.  

I have to say too, that Mavadidi on the other wing has stepped up another level in recent weeks too, so big credit to him as well.

2 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

So is there an option to sign him on a permanent in this window? Cos if there is they should, pronto.

Probably not and its doubtful we have the finances in January to get the deal done. I'm pretty sure Enzo will want the squad strengthening with one or two new faces, not spending money on a player already in our squad that we have an obligation to buy in the summer anyway