Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

12 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

It really is. I’m running out for superlatives for this guy. Ok he is still a bit of a rough diamond but his work rate and attitude is inspiring. Just wish that shot had gone in (and the one against Leeds). 

He's having a great patch of form. However, I will say he does go from wasteful to sublime and vice versa quite frequently. 

11 hours ago, StatFox said:

Of every player in the European leagues I have Opta data for, which is as follows...

- Premier League
- Championship
- League One
- League Two
- French Ligue 1
- German Bundesliga
- Italian Serie A
- Spanish La Liga
- Portugese Primeira Liga
- Dutch Eredivisie
- Danish Superliga
- Turkish Super Lig
- Swedish Allsvenskan

...Abdul Fatawu ranks 1st for Big Chances Created per90 (1.13), and by some distance.

Dusan Tadic is second (0.98), and Marcus Edwards third (0.91). 

That is frankly astounding. I don't know what "Big chance" means, but I assume it's to do with xG or something. Either way, big pat on the shoulder for the guy. 

5 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

No less poxy than the Euros

Just really inconveniently placed for European clubs - except the last WC, the major continental tournaments are during the off-season.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

So he's very creative, can dribble, is quick, can shoot (we know the wondergoal is coming) and is actually very defensively savvy as well. All this aged 19.

I've been waiting for the catch with him all season but he seems to be getting better if anything.

His finishing and propensity to take the more difficult, low outcome option are the obvious weak points for me. Given his quality and that of his teammates he should probably be closer to Mavididi with his G/A numbers.

41 minutes ago, shen said:

He's having a great patch of form. However, I will say he does go from wasteful to sublime and vice versa quite frequently

That is frankly astounding. I don't know what "Big chance" means, but I assume it's to do with xG or something. Either way, big pat on the shoulder for the guy. 

Just really inconveniently placed for European clubs - except the last WC, the major continental tournaments are during the off-season.

His finishing and propensity to take the more difficult, low outcome option are the obvious weak points for me. Given his quality and that of his teammates he should probably be closer to Mavididi with his G/A numbers.

Every one has their own opinions, but from fewer games, Fatawu is only 2 assists from being joint top assists. And, quite frankly he should have had them yesterday but for better finishing.

His numbers are close to mavadidi, really.

Are you really holding him to that standard? It seems harsh. I think he is doing great and mainly sublime than wasteful.

Screenshot_20231231_082408_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not sure if this is real or not because on the official site, the final squad hasn't been listed yet. Fatawu was in the 55 man initial squad but not in this one.

Guess we will find out soon...

Squad will be named on Monday officially.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FOXSE said:

Every one has their own opinions, but from fewer games, Fatawu is only 2 assists from being joint top assists. And, quite frankly he should have had them yesterday but for better finishing.

His numbers are close to mavadidi, really.

Are you really holding him to that standard? It seems harsh. I think he is doing great and mainly sublime than wasteful.

Screenshot_20231231_082408_Samsung Internet.jpg

I may have come across very critical there. He's been excellent and I've been particularly impressed with his work rate, stamina and team work the past month. 

I'm just slightly surprised that his end product when assisting (fantastic passes, crosses and pressing interceptions) is markedly better than his finishing. He's got all the attributes to score the goals, but he seems to constantly make suboptimal choices when the chance presents itself.

I'm positive Enzo and Co. can coach him into a better player in that regard (like with KDH).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shen said:

I may have come across very critical there. He's been excellent and I've been particularly impressed with his work rate, stamina and team work the past month. 

I'm just slightly surprised that his end product when assisting (fantastic passes, crosses and pressing interceptions) is markedly better than his finishing. He's got all the attributes to score the goals, but he seems to constantly make suboptimal choices when the chance presents itself.

I'm positive Enzo and Co. can coach him into a better player in that regard (like with KDH).

Completely disagree. His decision making is excellent, and for a 19 year old, it's as good as you'll see. It's that's which makes me (and many others) think he has the potential to go to the very top. The amount of chances he creates every game is silly and those can be crosses, long passes, slide through balls, running at a player (left or right) etc so his assists should probably be double and could be even higher than that. Mavididi will get better as well but his decision making is markedly worse and it's why Fatawu has a much higher ceiling that him.

I do completely agree that his finishing is pretty poor but I suspect that is a concentration thing. Will definitely improve but if it does truly click anytime soon, he won't be playing for us, that's for sure!

1 minute ago, blaaklint said:

It's not a finishing issue as such, more he just doesn't get into good enough goal-scoring positions as often as Mavididi, say.

Over time, that'll come.

His timing of runs into the box may well contribute to this, true. His header way off target first half was one where he could have anticipated the cross sooner and made a better connection insteas of being a fraction too late.

12 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Completely disagree. His decision making is excellent, and for a 19 year old, it's as good as you'll see. It's that's which makes me (and many others) think he has the potential to go to the very top. The amount of chances he creates every game is silly and those can be crosses, long passes, slide through balls, running at a player (left or right) etc so his assists should probably be double and could be even higher than that. Mavididi will get better as well but his decision making is markedly worse and it's why Fatawu has a much higher ceiling that him.

I do completely agree that his finishing is pretty poor but I suspect that is a concentration thing. Will definitely improve but if it does truly click anytime soon, he won't be playing for us, that's for sure!

We kind of agree overall then. His creative game is excellent, his finishing isnt.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shen said:

We kind of agree overall then. His creative game is excellent, his finishing isnt.

So basically what we're all saying is that he's a 19 year old winger, wingers typically blow hot and cold and at 19 he's still learning his trade. 

It's clear to see he has plenty of potential and looks to be a positive influence in the squad, which is fantastic when you consider his age.

I just hope that his positivity carries on if he does sign permanently and we do go up. Championship fullbacks aren't Premier League fullbacks, he's got a lot to learn next season should we all get what we want. And then hope he doesn't do a Mahrez on us and throw a small hissy fit when Pep comes calling with an offer of half what he's worth 😂

He looks very, very impressive and has established himself as a starter and a fan favorite quite quickly. But I'm still not 100% sure if he looks as impressive as he does because he's very good or if it's because fullbacks get tight on him when they shouldn't and give him space when they should be on him.

Back to the original point though, if he does improve his finishing, then we've certainly got the makings of another Mahrez type on our hands and our search for a left footed right winger could be finally over, for another couple of years at least 

• Like 1

I so much want to see one of his efforts from outside the Box go in. He just needs to relax when in that position and concentrate on hitting the Target rather than power.

Easier said than done, Though it's not really that difficult with practice. Once he get's the first get more as he's so talented.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

so there are strong rumours that kudus isn’t available for west ham on tuesday as ghana are taking a firm line that players join up early. 

If selected, there’s a chance fatawu is asked to not play for us tomorrow 

Leaving it a bit late to tell Fatawu if they're planning to pull him now, he's just posted this

EF776BAA-1596-4E9B-BE41-65DA02566EED.jpeg

• Like 1