Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

2 minutes ago, K789 said:

Screenshot_20240101_091346_X.jpg

thats true, what a guy, smart head on him too, 

knows he might not get game time at AFCON plus hes young enough to play many many more

also wants to move to us on a permanent deal too, just sign him up anyway

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BSLBPod said:

Ohhhh Abdul is a winger

He wears a magic hat

He could have gone to afcon but he didn't fancy that

He walked right up to enzo, he said I am the man

I WANT TO STAY AT LEICESTER, THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND

Apart from the magic hat part that's top drawer 👏

5 minutes ago, BSLBPod said:

Ohhhh Abdul is a winger

He wears a magic hat

He could have gone to afcon but he didn't fancy that

He walked right up to enzo, he said I am the man

I WANT TO STAY AT LEICESTER, THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND

Belter 

I don't like the idea of undermining the AFCON. We would never expect Abdul to turn down a Euros call up. Imagine if KDH got an England call up and turned it down. It wouldn't happen.

I will, however, be happy if we have him and Nacho available through Jan/Feb.

Not sure Fatawu starts ahead of Kudus and iheanacho definitely doesn't start ahead of Osihmen.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FosseSpark said:

I don't like the idea of undermining the AFCON. We would never expect Abdul to turn down a Euros call up. Imagine if KDH got an England call up and turned it down. It wouldn't happen.

Not sure Fatawu starts ahead of Kudus and iheanacho definitely doesn't start ahead of Osihmen.

How is it undermining AFCON? The euros happen at a time they have next to no impact on club football. It was very likely he wouldn’t get picked anyway, and if picked wouldn’t play any minutes. If anything, that sort of situation undermines club football.

• Like 2

I mean, he's nuts, talented, wants to play for us, turns down international call up to carry on playing for us....

BUY, BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's the breath of fresh air we needed. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

This is unlikely to be his decision on his own. He's only been on the standby list for recent squads and got in because of injuries and it was probably going to be the case again for AFCON. I suspect both Houghton and Fatawu have decided its best he stays here and carries on his progression and secure his future.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

There was a gentlemans agreement between the club and his agent that he wouldn't go but as we know to our costs an agents word isnt exactly his bond. Seems in this instance they stuck to their word so fair play 

Baring in mind there was some reports last summer questioning those around him, that is very pleasing to hear. Everything about Fatawu seems so positive right now.

6 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

It’s doesn’t happen with the Euros because there isn’t the clash. I guarantee if a player knew they were given the choice between being a bit part player for their team at the euros or being patient of a promotion push or similar for their club side, we’d see it more often.

Look at the amount of qualifying games players like Ryan Giggs missed for their country under Ferguson.

• Like 1

Statue please - next to the one of Rudkin with his boxers around his ankles and being shafted by the Sporting Chairman.

Great news..... if True.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Erm, given that Fatawu neither plays for the same club nor national team as Kudus or Osimhen, I’m not sure it matters if they would start ahead of him….

He also doesn’t play the same position as Iheanacho and Osimhen…

And in terms of club, he does start more than Iheanacho…

Other than this, the bolded bit makes total sense :dunno:

Between him and Winks, Abdul's passhunnn has gone a long way towards restoring my connection to my club. Man's like a labrador at the park, you can't help but love him.

The only thing he's missing is is finishing at the moment. Reminds me of Lloyd Dyer - and he found his scoring boots eventually and was unplayable in our last promotion season!