Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

I don’t think this reflects poorly (from a National team point of view) at all.

He is looking at all factors and making an informed decision. At 19, he would be in the squad but not a key player for them and if that is true about games/minutes to move to us, knows he needs to secure his future here which is his main job.

If he was a couple of years older, more likely to contribute to Ghana’s efforts and was on a permanent deal for us, I’m sure he’d go. It’s not turning his back on his country at all.

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Erm, given that Fatawu neither plays for the same club nor national team as Kudus or Osimhen, I’m not sure it matters if they would start ahead of him….

He also doesn’t play the same position as Iheanacho and Osimhen…

And in terms of club, he does start more than Iheanacho…

Other than this, the bolded bit makes total sense :dunno:

Kudus is Ghanaian

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Kudus is Ghanaian

Good spot lol. And I knew that! The post I was replying to had some many issues in it, it even messed up my reply! 

The rest of it stands! I’m not sure what that point was all about given one of the players is neither club nor country, and one is club only and country only!

• Haha 1

Guest nathan.

Good lad

I was thinking what if gets badly injured during the tournament it would have messed everything up regarding the move.

Edited by nathan.

Come on now, we don’t get strokes of luck like this here.

What minute are we going for today when the fella we’re signing from Huddersfield breaks his leg? lol 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Come on now, we don’t get strokes of luck like this here.

What minute are we going for today when the fella we’re signing from Huddersfield breaks his leg? lol 

he wont be in the squad or he'll be on the bench like he has been the past number of weeks:ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BSLBPod said:

Ohhhh Abdul is a winger

He makes full backs look a twat

He could have gone to afcon but he didn't fancy that

He walked right up to enzo, he said I am the man

I WANT TO STAY AT LEICESTER, THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND

Better? 😅

Or more PC:

Ohhhh Abdul is a winger

Seagrave's his habitat

He could have gone to AFCON but he didn't fancy that

He walked right up to Enzo, he said I am the man

I WANT TO STAY AT LEICESTER, THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND

Edited by CloudFox

7 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

So if he gets injured and misses games, there is a chance that the threshold isn't met, invalidating the obligation to buy??!?!?!?

I presume that more importantly, it invalidates the obligation to sell to us.  This does indiacte  that the player wants to be here. (Ref the discussion a couple of days back ) 

Chants aside, this is incredible news.

I am so torn for him though. Missing out on a chance to tear it up for his country is a big decision. I don't want us to hold him back in that respect. Hopefully it's all been agreed as the best thing for him and the national team. Hughton is a reasonable man by all accounts, so hopefully he's even encouraged it.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I presume that more importantly, it invalidates the obligation to sell to us.  This does indiacte  that the player wants to be here. (Ref the discussion a couple of days back ) 

Yes, but the demanded price sky rockets. Other teams become involved

6 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Chants aside, this is incredible news.

I am so torn for him though. Missing out on a chance to tear it up for his country is a big decision. I don't want us to hold him back in that respect. Hopefully it's all been agreed as the best thing for him and the national team. Hughton is a reasonable man by all accounts, so hopefully he's even encouraged it.

Staying and getting a deal here would be a lot more beneficial to his future than playing a bit part for his country in a tournament that comes round every 2 years.

It works for us as well as we don't lose a key player.

• Like 1