Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

Sounds like he's opted out for the right reasons. If he's going to play a minute or two here and there, if at all, then it makes perfect sense.

I feel this is quite a unique situation. Ordinarily a player should be putting an international tournament first but this is the smart decision for his long-term career and could see him develop into a top quality Premier League player under an excellent coach.

• Like 2

Makes sense really. He won’t feature that much yet staying here will hopefully help secure him a permanent move which will most hopefully mean that Ghana will have a young player playing and learning at a high standard in the premier league from next season.  

A player we need to sign at all costs, his ceiling is huge and if by missing AFCON it goes towards helping him signing him then fair play to him and where he sees his immediate future - bigger things likely in the future mind. 

This quells a lot of fear for the drop off in performance in Jan due to AFCON, joint most big chances created in the league and he’s now starting to see the output with assists etc. He’s now essential to getting promoted. 

Very special player this is good news and I’m sure he’ll get chances for the national side when he’s tearing it up in the premier league. 

3 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Surely the Carvalho rumour (if true) has made him worried about losing his place in the team on a potential AFCON return? 

Carvalho doesn’t really play on the right. 

Don’t think we really need to read the tea leaves here, there’s an appearance clause and Abdul wants to meet that threshold as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CheeseHead said:

So if he gets injured and misses games, there is a chance that the threshold isn't met, invalidating the obligation to buy??!?!?!?

We also have an option to buy if we either don't get promoted or he doesn't play 60% of our matches. So I doubt that's the reason for this decision.

51 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Sounds like he's opted out for the right reasons. If he's going to play a minute or two here and there, if at all, then it makes perfect sense.

I feel this is quite a unique situation. Ordinarily a player should be putting an international tournament first but this is the smart decision for his long-term career and could see him develop into a top quality Premier League player under an excellent coach.

100% this and I'm sure Ghana will reap the long term benefits as well. He will have many more afcons ahead of him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonny_wright said:

He loves lcfc, and is jeopardising his international future to stay with us 

Not really, he was very unlikely to get minutes.

Sensible discussion between his people and the Ghana top brass about what would be best for his development.

On 27/12/2023 at 01:00, Simonb said:

I'm actually going to pre apologise now just in case because the link my mates sent me that he's read it off is for the June squad they had. I asked him to send it because all I can see is a provisional 55 man squad that's he's included on.

So I apologise because I can only imagine you'd have been as delighted as me because .. should've fact checked the info before sharing.. my bad .. gutted now because I can't see how he doesn't make the cut 

Thank fk for this.  Egg off my face now phew