Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

So apparently it is playing 60% of games for the obligation to kick in?

He wasn’t here for the first 4 games so that is 60% of 42 games - which is 25.2 - so lets call it 26 games to be generous

He already has played in 21 games

I think we will be fine that he will reach the threshold

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

So apparently it is playing 60% of games for the obligation to kick in?

He wasn’t here for the first 4 games so that is 60% of 42 games - which is 25.2 - so lets call it 26 games to be generous

He already has played in 21 games

I think we will be fine that he will reach the threshold

60% for the OPTION to kick-in

4 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

60% for the OPTION to kick-in

Nah pretty sure it is part of the obligation isn’t it?

We are promoted AND he plays in 60% of games - we have to buy him

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Now just sing this man’s name for 90 minutes today! That’s a huge decision for a young loanee to choose club over country.

👏

IMHO it’s a sound choice for all parties involved, given he was never likely to play more than a bit part for Ghana at this AFCON…

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Nah pretty sure it is part of the obligation isn’t it?

We are promoted AND he plays in 60% of games - we have to buy him

That my understanding.

However pretty sure we still have a option if he doesn't play the 60% just not a obligation.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Just saw a quote from Enzo, talking about how the club has OPTIONS to buy him in the summer and its good he is staying here during AFCON to convince us to sign him. 

English isn't his first language, let's not analyse word for word what he says about these things. 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

English isn't his first language, let's not analyse word for word what he says about these things. 

Even considering that, it's hard to twist hos words to make him talking about an obligation make sense...

From Rob Tanner’s latest article it sounds like it could very well happen this month anyway

“Leicester have an option to make the 19-year-old’s season-long loan permanent, which would then free up another loan spot Maresca could use to strengthen his squad in the January transfer window. The option, which is believed to be around £15m, is understood to be triggered when Fatawu makes a certain number of appearances for Leicester, with the Ghanaian now approaching this mark.”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

From Rob Tanner’s latest article it sounds like it could very well happen this month anyway

“Leicester have an option to make the 19-year-old’s season-long loan permanent, which would then free up another loan spot Maresca could use to strengthen his squad in the January transfer window. The option, which is believed to be around £15m, is understood to be triggered when Fatawu makes a certain number of appearances for Leicester, with the Ghanaian now approaching this mark.”

25 league I think. 

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

25 league I think. 

So he is on 22 now assuming we only count league appearances, so if he plays in all available league games, he could then sign after we play Swansea on the 27th. Interesting and hope it's true.

Edited by Dahnsouff

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Well, the article I read said there was a rumour that he declined a call up in order to hit that number of games to sign with us but Maresca said he doesn't know if there is truth to that. 

3 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

That cross from the corner of the box with people attacking the back stick becoming quite effective isn’t it, jj crossed from similar position for the second yesterday. 

Except that was JUstin but he is making good decisions

31 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Just saw a quote from Enzo, talking about how the club has OPTIONS to buy him in the summer and its good he is staying here during AFCON to convince us to sign him. 

Enzo certainly done a good job of convincing Fatawu that we might not buy him if he goes to AFCON lol Very helpful for us

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

If we can afford to get him in this month then that would make sense to free up a loan spot. We won't be paying the full amount now anyway, no doubt we'd give him a 5 year deal and it would get spread across that. 

It makes much more sense that it means we'd theoretically be able to sign Fatawu in this window rather than waiting to summer.

I wasn't a fan of Enzo suggesting a player should forego an international career if they want to play with us. It makes more sense if he's saying that we have an opportunity to sign him this window and free up a space, so it's good of Fatawu to make that easier.

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

It makes much more sense that it means we'd theoretically be able to sign Fatawu in this window rather than waiting to summer.

I wasn't a fan of Enzo suggesting a player should forego an international career if they want to play with us. It makes more sense if he's saying that we have an opportunity to sign him this window and free up a space, so it's good of Fatawu to make that easier.

Enzo as quoted in the Athletic:

“I received a text at 11pm last night (Sunday) saying that Abdul was not going with the Ghana squad,” Maresca said. “If you ask me whether it would be better if Abdul is with the international team or here, I would tell you that it is much better for us to use him in January.

“Abdul is in the position where he’s a loan player, so we have an option in the future, but when you lose a player for a month, we probably struggle a little more to make our decision at the end. Now he has time to continue to show us how good he is and then, at the end, we are going to decide.”

• Like 3