Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Tom Cannon

Can't remember if we've done a lot of business with Everton over recent years but funnily enough I *think* the last two are strikers.

First one being Yakubu, and then the second being a £4m deadline day deal (yep, 1st September) for Jermaine Beckford. Let's hope Cannon follows Yak's lead 😂

Edited by dormelcfc

23 minutes ago, StatFox said:

Tom Cannon vs Sydney Van Hooijdonk vs Kelechi Iheanacho per90 in the league in 2022/23:

Goals
1. 0.52 - Sydney Van Hooijdonk 
2. 0.43 - Tom Cannon
3. 0.4 - Kelechi Iheanacho

Assists
1. 0.4 - Kelechi Iheanacho
2. 0.05 - Tom Cannon
3. 0.03 - Sydney Van Hooijdonk

Shots
1. 3.13 - Kelechi Iheanacho
2. 3.02 - Sydney Van Hooijdonk
3. 2.41 - Tom Cannon

Shots on target:
1. 1.2 - Sydney Van Hooijdonk
2. 1.13 - Tom Cannon
3. 1.12 - Kelechi Iheanacho

Shooting accuracy:
1. 46.67% - Tom Cannon
2. 39.78% - Sydney Van Hooijdonk
3. 35.9% - Kelechi Iheanacho

xG:
1. 0.57 - Sydney Van Hooijdonk
2. 0.46 - Kelechi Iheanacho
3. 0.27 - Tom Cannon

Chances created:
1. 1.77 - Kelechi Iheanacho
2. 0.75 - Tom Cannon
3. 0.55 - Sydney Van Hooijdonk

Take-ons completed:
1. 1.61 - Kelechi Iheanacho
2. 1.23 - Tom Cannon
3. 0.33 - Sydney Van Hooijdonk

Tackles
1. 0.64 - Tom Cannon
2. 0.56 - Kelechi Iheanacho
3. 0.23 - Sydney Van Hooijdonk

Interceptions:
1. 0.27 - Tom Cannon
2. 0.03 - Sydney Van Hooijdonk
3. 0.00 - Kelechi Iheanacho

Possession won in middle 1/3:
1. 1.45 - Tom Cannon
2. 1.12 - Kelechi Iheanacho
3. 0.85 - Sydney Van Hooijdonk

Aerial Duels Won:
1. 2.21 - Sydney Van Hooijdonk
2. 1.82 - Tom Cannon
3. 1.2 - Kelechi Iheanacho

Passes completed:
1. 18.79 - Kelechi Iheanacho
2. 14.24 - Sydney Van Hooijdonk
3. 8.69 - Tom Cannon

If anyone wants to see another stat compared, let me know and I'll do it ASAP. 👍

Playing a pressing style, his tackles and interceptions are decent. The goals per games a difficult one as its 3 different leagues.

Proven to be decent at this level, 8 goals on 20 for a team who were pretty defensive last season is good tbf.

For me, I'd like to keep kelechi, but would be happy enough with cannon as a replacement, especially at 20 years of age and continuing with the squad over haul and lowering the age of the team

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dormelcfc said:

Can't remember if we've done a lot of business with Everton over recent years but funnily enough I *think* the last two are strikers.

First one being Yakubu, and then the second being a £4m deadline day deal (yep, 1st September) for Jermaine Beckford. Let's hope Cannon follows Yak's lead 😂

Yeah but all he did was score goals :ph34r:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

what makes me nervous, is the thought of why he would come here to be a number 2 with that huge list of people who want him to be the main man. 

it might point towards the thing none of us want to happen tomorrow :cry:

That would be the case with any striker we sign. They have to be confident enough to back themselves to displace whoever is number one. 

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

It took him 7 games to start scoring last season (understandable considering he was 19 and had never played league football) so his record was 8 goals and 1 assist in the last 13 games which is seriously impressive for a young lad in a mid table team. 

His goals on YouTube are also exciting looks fast and big and strong 

He's got a very impressive all-round range of finishing. Initially I was surprised that Everton were getting rid of hm, but then I remember their precarious financial situation, plus him not fitting the Dyche blueprint at all.

He's the sort of player I could see struggling in the Premier League, but I think it would be quite easy to sell him to another Championship club if that was ever the case. It's quite likely we end up with a few players who live in the "Dwight Gayle Zone" of being too good for the Championship, but not quite good enough for the Premier League. But those players still do alright, they just transfer to whichever club got relegated that season, pickup another signing on fee and become a hero for a new club!

• Like 3

I think the negativity on Cannon is a little over the top.  Very young, and was reasonably productive at this level last season.  Preston - and their supporters- certainly want him back.  If we were to lose Kel and Daka and leave only Vardy and this lad yeah, I would be very worried.  But in a vacuum he seems like a reasonable addition to me.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2