Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Tom Cannon

55 minutes ago, iancognito said:

You can quote this with virtually any of our best signings going back decades. Our fanbase would have a fit if we got a CB from Wigan (Steve Walsh) or Oxford (Matt Elliott). We've just offloaded a load of big time Charlie's who thought they were too good to work hard. Great to be getting in some young, hungry talent with a point to prove. If that's not good enough for a few of our fans then they can b0//ocks. Dust off your clapper collection at home and stay away.

I agree entirely. I'd sooner watch a bunch of young players busting a gut, trying to learn a new system and impress the new boss than certain supposedly seasoned talented pros merely going through the motions whilst mindful of risking their next move through injury. 

Some of these new young lads will be fish out of water both on and off the field and will undoubtedly make a few mistakes. Let them. If they're trying, they're trying and should be encouraged. I'm far more looking forward to this season than the last two, Europe or not.

• Like 1

With Cannon signing we are now only technically short at full back, but that's fine because we play cb's and midfielders there. Souttar needs to stay to ensure we aren't left in the shit when injuries or suspensions arise.

If only daka leaves then this is a 10/10 window and arguably needed to happen this time last year.

Edited by FosseSpark

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure if this is a joke because Fatawu obviously looks nothing like Cannon or if you mean the guys in the background. 

But that's Casadei. 

That’s not Casadei in the background is it? It’s looks like Cannon imo. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

With Cannon signing we are now only technically short at full back, but that's fine because we play cb's and midfielders there. Souttar needs to stay to ensure we aren't left in the shit when injuries or suspensions arise.

If only daka leaves then this is a 10/10 window and arguably needed to happen this time last year.

If we picked up Chair and shifted more of the players surplus to requirements it would be 10/10 I think. As we won't do either I think it's been a very good window (time, of course, will allow true judgements to be made) but not perfect.  

Although perhaps the perfect window doesn't exist.  

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

so which of Nacho or Daka is going today then?

Daka leaving and being replaced with Cannon would be good business. Nacho leaving and being replaced by Cannon would be bad business.

So the question is: are we about do good business or bad business? (Or potentially, of course. no business).

Edited by ClaphamFox