Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Kasper

13 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Based on what I’ve read and heard, particularly with his Dad’s book, he’s basically someone who demands the best with and from everything. That can obviously rub people up the wrong way at times if you’re complaining about something they might think is trivial. There’s definitely an arrogance there but it comes from being so driven.

Obviously they’re different people, but his dad admits to being an obnoxious dick around the training ground at Man U which he now regrets a bit, but was doing it to try and make everyone a bit better. Seems to be similar to what people say about Kasper, though I’ve not heard about him being late for meetings.

This focused desire to be the best and an almost incessant drive to be successful is exactly what we need. I imagine he was unpopular because he called out lazy, average, mediocre approaches at every turn. I get the feeling seagrave is far too comfortable and easy for many of our players. We all know people like this on life, you may not like him but they are often right. I would rather have 11 hungry, perfectionists not prepared to put up with mediocre than players like Soumare, Vestergard and the like. 
Winners like Kasper make the difference. 

• Like 3

https://www.rsca.be/en/KasperSchmeichel
web_18.png
Kasper Schmeichel (36) has signed a contract for one season with RSC Anderlecht, including an option for an extra season. The experienced goalkeeper and stronghold of the Danish national team was a free agent after his previous challenge at OGC Nice.

Kasper Schmeichel is a widely acclaimed goalkeeper originally formed at Manchester City, playing 10 games for the first team of the Citizens. After passing through the lower leagues of English football at Notts County and Leeds, he signed a contract with Leicester City in 2011. The rest is history. The Foxes were promoted to the Premier League with Leicester City in 2014. Kasper was one of the strongholds of the team that won the Premier League in the 2015-2016 season. In the summer of 2022, he left the Foxes after no less than 11 seasons and 479 games and with not only the Premier League title in his pocket, but also with the FA Cup and the Community Shield in his trophy cabinet. 

Edited by lfu
  • Like 1

Interesting move by Anderlecht, they already brought in another keeper who's done well for them.

Danish manager and CEO though, so you can assume Kasper will get preferential treatment. How good that is for their squad chemistry I don't know, not to mention the financial aspects of this. 

12 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Interesting move by Anderlecht, they already brought in another keeper who's done well for them.

Danish manager and CEO though, so you can assume Kasper will get preferential treatment. How good that is for their squad chemistry I don't know, not to mention the financial aspects of this. 

Yeah, Riemer and Fredberg in particular are seemingly colonizing the club at this rate! Maybe the club are harking back to the good old days when they were a European power house.

On 05/09/2023 at 19:20, lfu said:

https://www.rsca.be/en/KasperSchmeichel
web_18.png
Kasper Schmeichel (36) has signed a contract for one season with RSC Anderlecht, including an option for an extra season. The experienced goalkeeper and stronghold of the Danish national team was a free agent after his previous challenge at OGC Nice.

Kasper Schmeichel is a widely acclaimed goalkeeper originally formed at Manchester City, playing 10 games for the first team of the Citizens. After passing through the lower leagues of English football at Notts County and Leeds, he signed a contract with Leicester City in 2011. The rest is history. The Foxes were promoted to the Premier League with Leicester City in 2014. Kasper was one of the strongholds of the team that won the Premier League in the 2015-2016 season. In the summer of 2022, he left the Foxes after no less than 11 seasons and 479 games and with not only the Premier League title in his pocket, but also with the FA Cup and the Community Shield in his trophy cabinet. 

Wow, looks like he's aged about 10 years in that photo.

I cant see him coming back here to be backup, and Enzo isnt going to make him #1, he has his guy.

He clearly had immense value in being a voice in the changing room, but he left and then coming back, that wouldnt necessarily return.

Of course I would still take him back if it was an option.  Just dont see it happening though.  I hope he doesnt join a English club.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I cant see him coming back here to be backup, and Enzo isnt going to make him #1, he has his guy.

He clearly had immense value in being a voice in the changing room, but he left and then coming back, that wouldnt necessarily return.

Of course I would still take him back if it was an option.  Just dont see it happening though.  I hope he doesnt join an English club.

He joined Anderlecht about 3 days ago, as people have posted above lol 

• Haha 4

Quite obvious that he didn't want to hang around in any League where he wouldn't be competing near the top, but bar a move like this I don't think any top team ever wanted ot needed him in the last few years. 

That revelation by his Dad that he's always wanted a bigger club was a bit of a gut punch.

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, shen said:

https://www.dr.dk/sporten/fodbold/landsholdet/schmeichel-foelte-sig-i-fremragende-form-da-han-var-mest-uoensket

Interesting interview by Schmeichel just released on the national broascasting website.

He reveals that he in fact DIDN'T want to leave us. He said Nice had offered him a three-year deal and asked our club to make an equivalent offer, which we were not interested in doing.

Then we had the opportunity to bring him back from Nice in January, but we declined.

He also says he felt unwanted in Nice from the moment he set foot there and that reports about his weight or special treatment were made up.

Full article linked above (in Danish)

Well we would have stayed up with him in goal, saying that we would have stayed up with Iversen in goal. Nonetheless, we have signed one of the best young keepers in the world(I really believe that).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shen said:

https://www.dr.dk/sporten/fodbold/landsholdet/schmeichel-foelte-sig-i-fremragende-form-da-han-var-mest-uoensket

Interesting interview by Schmeichel just released on the national broascasting website.

He reveals that he in fact DIDN'T want to leave us. He said Nice had offered him a three-year deal and asked our club to make an equivalent offer, which we were not interested in doing.

Then we had the opportunity to bring him back from Nice in January, but we declined.

He also says he felt unwanted in Nice from the moment he set foot there and that reports about his weight or special treatment were made up.

Full article linked above (in Danish)

Shows how much power Rodgers had by this time, he'd been given full control.

It's been reported that they weren't getting on - doubt Top or Rudkin would have let him go if it was their call, despite the FFP pressures. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Shows how much power Rodgers had by this time, he'd been given full control.

It's been reported that they weren't getting on - doubt Top or Rudkin would have let him go if it was their call, despite the FFP pressures. 

Shows that BR was/is a proper dickhead!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Not matching Nice's 3 year offer was the correct thing to do even if that mean he had to leave.

Like Vardy he was on the decline.

Bang on. Nice clearly regretted the offer in time. 

Not adequately replacing was the issue. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Kasper leaving wasn't the mistake, it was playing Ward for 20+ games

Agreed, not replacing Kasper or Ward after the first 7-8 games will go down as one of the costliest mistakes in EPL history. The club lost out on £100m+ in revenue getting relegated.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Bang on. Nice clearly regretted the offer in time. 

Not adequately replacing was the issue. 

Think we were under pressure FFP wise and felt that we could get thought to the next summer to rebuild.

If we had a committed manager they would have been right.

Our squad organised with Iversen in goal for 38 games would have stayed up.

• Like 1