Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Kasper

Guest Kopfkino

So he did want to leave, he could have turned it down and continued with us. It doesn’t matter how you spin it he wanted to leave for money - 3 years at Nice was earning him more than a year with us.

The error was going with Danny Ward, not a decision to stop giving out stupid contracts.

27 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

So he did want to leave, he could have turned it down and continued with us. It doesn’t matter how you spin it he wanted to leave for money - 3 years at Nice was earning him more than a year with us.

The error was going with Danny Ward, not a decision to stop giving out stupid contracts.

Kasper was bang average in his final year and wasn't worth the money he wanted. If only Danny Ward had been average

• Like 1

the decision to let kasper go was still the right one imo. We just didn’t replace him and that’s what killed us. 

(i still stand by my belief that we wouldn’t have been relegated if iversen played every game) 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

the decision to let kasper go was still the right one imo. We just didn’t replace him and that’s what killed us. 

(i still stand by my belief that we wouldn’t have been relegated if iversen played every game) 

Given the low bar I reck on even Vesty in goal instead of Ward would have kept us in.

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I think they would have done, if Kasper was willing to reduce his wages demands.

He was in the top 4 paid keepers in the league.

The mistake was the replacement not moving Kasper on.

Highlighted top and us were broke really, paying someone 10 million a year worth it if it preserves 150million of income.

I cant help but wonder if it was Rodgers though.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

What it does highlight is that any footballer who says 'it's not about the money' lying.

Already a multi millionaire but can't turn down a few extra pennies. He's got almost generational wealth at this point (don't forget his father behind him) but couldn't look past the bottom line.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Highlighted top and us were broke really, paying someone 10 million a year worth it if it preserves 150million of income.

I cant help but wonder if it was Rodgers though.

They would have paid it if he was the keeper he was, you can't pay someone top 4 keeper money if he's playing like average PL keeper.

The replacement was the issues.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

What it does highlight is that any footballer who says 'it's not about the money' lying.

Already a multi millionaire but can't turn down a few extra pennies. He's got almost generational wealth at this point (don't forget his father behind him) but couldn't look past the bottom line.

The way you're wording it suggests that all footballers are only, or mainly, in it for the money. It's ironic to pick on Kasper when his career trajectory obviously showed he sacrificed more lucrative deals in order to play regularly.

It's also unfair to compare his earnings to your average Joe's. You have to compare it to what other teammates and colleagues are earning. Regardless of how grotesque footballers' wages have become.

It's pretty clear from his comments that he needed to feel wanted. He clearly got the message from 'the club' (a wording which to me suggests it wasn't just BR, but likely one or more of Rudkin, Whelan and Top) that it didn't see him as the future.
Ultimately we can only speculate what the true reasons were, but to suggest what you do above is way to simplistic and cynical.

54 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

They would have paid it if he was the keeper he was, you can't pay someone top 4 keeper money if he's playing like average PL keeper.

The replacement was the issues.

Again, it's all very speculative as to who earns how much. We must have been paying our top players quite well and Kasper had been among our very best players for most of his 11 years with us. It's also pretty clear that he was a very important character in the dressing room, which I've long said was the bigger loss to us than his on-pitch abilities. You don't replace leaders like that as easily - top clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd are all recent examples of how even they struggle to find characters like this coupled with great ability.

Hot take: I would argue that losing Vardy would have been less damaging than losing Kasper.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, eblair said:

How anyone can saying remotely negative about Kasper on here is bit mad

3rd most appearances in club history to add to everything else he’s done 

Also will never forget how he was apparently one of the first to the scene of the helicopter tragedy, and had to be restrained after trying to get to the victims.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

While your statement may have some truth to it, it is primarily because Kasper's replacement was an unprecedented abomination.

Yup, to a point. I would argue that Kasper was still a very solid goalie at the time he left us. I would also argue that his influence and importance to the squad had a wider effect on team performances than Vardy at that point. 

Also, the revelation that we did not bring him back in January when he was ready to come back is baffling considering our performances and league position.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

While your statement may have some truth to it, it is primarily because Kasper's replacement was an unprecedented abomination.

as others have said, our third choice was better than ward, to a degree we literally dont get relgated.

I cannot stand rogers the midgit knut

• Like 2

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I think they would have done, if Kasper was willing to reduce his wages demands.

He was in the top 4 paid keepers in the league.

The mistake was the replacement not moving Kasper on.

We didn’t have an adequate replacement though (or the money to buy one.) The mistake definately was moving Kasper on.

• Like 1