Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Kasper

5 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Why are we hanging onto the wish we offered Kasper a new contract?

He was highest paid (unless Vardy pip'd him)
He's now 37
Yes he might have been able to save us from relegation
but the knock on for that would be:-
He's 37
He would be taking a large portion of our premier lge wage bill
we would probably still have Rodgers as manager
we wouldn't have Mads
We wouldn't be playing the way we are therefore players like Vestergaard would be redundant

Regardless of all of the above, relegation has set us back a fair bit as even if we go

straight back up we will probably in for a very tough season. We lost Barnes due to it and probably others so the idea we are better off due to the above isn’t a balanced way to look at this.

• Like 3

On 13/12/2023 at 12:36, coolhandfox said:

The Fofana deal went through on the 31st of August. After a month of haggling for 70m, we spent 15m on Wout Faes on the 1st of September.  

Chelsea pay were due to pay two instalments of £23,166,666 and £23,166,167 in February and August 2023 (46m), which is known because we took out a bridging loan with Macquarie Bank and the instalments are documented. 

We received the remaining 24m upfront in the summer, of which we spent 15m on Faes. 

So, I would argue there was money for a goalkeeper if we chose to do so. 

Or we could have done a Forest and signed some like Keylor Navas on a loan.

It’s not just about the fee anyway, there was a FFP restriction and a limit to how many players a team can register. The fact is the club didn’t sign a keeper in that first window, just a one in one out defender so that would suggest you are less likely to be correct! 

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

It’s not just about the fee anyway, there was a FFP restriction and a limit to how many players a team can register. The fact is the club didn’t sign a keeper in that first window just a one in one out defender so that would suggest you are less likely to be correct! 

So they didn't sign a keeper because of squad space, when they just let one go. lol

Believe what you want to believe.

31 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Ignore the FFP part because it doesn’t fit your narrative.👍🏻

No just realised I'm waste of time TBH.

FFP is based on you accounts of a 3 year rolling period, so you submitted a set of accounts each year.

You have one set of accounts, both the summer and winter transfer window would be in the same set of accounts. 

Tell me how we are breaking FFP in the summer window and not in the winter window.

Edited by coolhandfox

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No just realised I'm waste of time TBH.

FFP is based on you accounts of a 3 year rolling period, so you submitted a set of accounts each year.

You have one set of accounts, both the summer and winter transfer window would be in the same set of accounts. 

Tell me how we are breaking FFP in the summer window and not in the winter window.

You know that for a fact do you? The manager said we couldn’t sign any players. We weren’t expecting to lose Fofana and Faes was signed at the last minute because a replacement was justified on the basis that Rodgers didn’t have sufficient cover (having written off Vesty.) The noise from the club at the time fits that we weren’t able to sign a keeper. You don’t believe that but haven’t shown any evidence that there was even a goalkeeper looked at by the club. 

On 13/12/2023 at 16:20, Costock_Fox said:

Regardless of all of the above, relegation has set us back a fair bit as even if we go

straight back up we will probably in for a very tough season. We lost Barnes due to it and probably others so the idea we are better off due to the above isn’t a balanced way to look at this.

We would have stopped up if we had dropped Ward earlier for Iverson who is now 4th choice

I, along with a lot of people I reckon, wasn't too bothered to see Kasper go. At the time ward showed promise and iversen looked a great back up.

Defiantly should've took the option to resign him in January, but that would've meant Brendan having his nose pushed out of joint so would never have happened

Would love kasper in as a coach, nothing else as he wouldn't want to play second fiddle to mads

"To then see what happened the season after was awful. I spent every Saturday watching the games, and it wasn't fun to watch."

Wasn't fun is putting it mildly, you know your keeper is shit when the opposition starts shouting "SHOOT AT WILL" when playing ya.

Edited by Mike1983

• 5 weeks later...
On 13/12/2023 at 13:30, David Hankey said:

Whether he is considered "over the hill" as described by some is debateable.

The fact is you only have to look at our record since he left.

to be fair an over the hill Kasper would have been better than a young Ward..

• Like 3