Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

On 15/09/2023 at 03:18, iancognito said:

The pitches were re-laid after Rodgers first season, and all the pitches at both the ground and Seagrave were done to the same standard. Given we have a Turf Academy with all the grass and ground science it's possible to get I don't think they'd be employing random contractors using leftovers and apprentices to lay the grass at a £100m facility.

I don't know how it'd be possible to analyse our injuries without official club input. No-one outside the physios and doctors would have the specifics of the injuries, such as how it was caused (twisting, turning, impact etc)  21/22 was crazy but other clubs had similar issues such as Leeds and Liverpool. That season aside it wouldn't even get a mention if we were still at Belvoir Drive. Seagrave just gives everything a focal point. Worth noting also the womens team have had 3 or 4 players with serious knee injuries and they've never used Seagrave until the last couple of weeks.

It's not just Seagrave, pretty much all of our serious in game injuries in recent years have been during home games at the KP, whereas nearer 50% would be expected. 

Dave Rennie's PhD was on the effect on playing surfaces on injuries... 

https://researchonline.ljmu.ac.uk/11107/1/2019renniephd.pdf

Screenshot_20230918_210425.jpg

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

It will come out in a few weeks that Cannon has an African relative and is eligible for afcon 

....but then the Internet will reveal bone scans proving that he's actually 55 years old, so only eligible for the seniors tournament. 

Anyway, isn't it about time someone changed the thread title to "Tom Cannon officially signs on the sick"? :whistle:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

So we spent £7 million on a player who could be in a wheelchair soon, great. That’s prime Rudkin & Top. Even with his paralysis he’s still better than Kels and Daka. 

When he recovers and bags goals for fun, will you credit Rudkin/Top or Enzo?

medical are designed to assess the risk of injury and the management team then make the call. I’m sure enzo could have said no thanks

Does make me think, could we have just left this one until January to do another medical and sign him then, and if not get someone else in? If I'm reading it right, it states similar to praet... I take that to mean how long he will be out for.

Praets gor another 10 to 12 weeks hasn't he? So that's mid December at best.

7m fee, wages and medical costs just seems a bit stupid to take a risk

1 minute ago, Itsthejoeker said:

medical are designed to assess the risk of injury and the management team then make the call. I’m sure enzo could have said no thanks

Hope this will end up being the case. From the brief bit I've seen and heard I was really happy with this signing, but just seems like we could've left Everton to get him fit then sign him then. Maybe that's why he was 7m though I guess

If Everton had rehabbed him and he was ready to go out in Jan I think he'd have been going for more than £7m. Seems we jumped the gun because there was less competition due to injury, and prevents the Jan window madness. 

Obviously a gamble on his recovery but the injury will have been assessed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

...by the sounds of Maresca's comments, he is either very keen to get this player on our books, or any alternative forward who could cover for AFCON!!!

15 hours ago, brucey said:

It's not just Seagrave, pretty much all of our serious in game injuries in recent years have been during home games at the KP, whereas nearer 50% would be expected. 

Dave Rennie's PhD was on the effect on playing surfaces on injuries... 

https://researchonline.ljmu.ac.uk/11107/1/2019renniephd.pdf

Screenshot_20230918_210425.jpg

Can't wait to read this 

I'm usually pretty scathing of our injury record but I don't actually mind this so much. The guy is obviously a long term signing, Nacho and Vardy off at the end of this season and hopefully we can con some poor bastards to take Daka as well. 

As long as Nacho can step up and Cannon is back for the new year this is fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simonb said:

Does make me think, could we have just left this one until January to do another medical and sign him then, and if not get someone else in? If I'm reading it right, it states similar to praet... I take that to mean how long he will be out for.

Praets gor another 10 to 12 weeks hasn't he? So that's mid December at best.

7m fee, wages and medical costs just seems a bit stupid to take a risk

guess depending on how bad Cannon's stress fracture is, if its really bad then he'd have failed the medical;

so it could be a couple of months to 6 months potentially, with the latter the worse case, which i doubt he has, so I'm guess maybe late October slowly getting back into some sort of training then mid to late November in and around the team

• Like 2