Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

If Cannon is fit to be on the bench today then I want to see him start against Watford, if he isn't fit for a full 90 play Cannon for 45/60 and Vardy for the rest. We have to start planning for Afcon, we also have Sheffield Wednesday 4 days later. Let's use all 4 strikers in those 2 games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

If he's fit he's surely worth a go ahead of Kelechi surely? With Vardy as a super sub.

I think I’d be tempted by this. Kelechi was poor today in my opinion, Cannon needs game time to start building his fitness. Wonder if we’ll see him get some game time on Wednesday?

2 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Has to get a start soon, Nacho killing us at the moment

I don't want Nacho anywhere near that starting XI right now. His touch is fvcking appalling, he's playing 30 yards too deep and giving no help for the wingers at all, he looks like a guy who has an offer on the table from a top flight club and we had enough problems with those clowns last season. Start Vardy, bring on Cannon for 30 mins at the end. Or vice versa.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Getting a bit concerned that he hasn’t been given a minute given the form of our strikers 

He’s just come back of a lengthy injury and Maresca has said he was signed with his eye on the future. He will get his chance when Daka and kelechi go AFCON in January. 

• Like 1

Coady barely got a chance when he returned and to be honest still barely gets a chance. Then again our defence is very good and our strikers have struggled on and off, so Cannon must be in with a chance soon.

It would be baffling for Maresca to completely ignore Daka and Cannon when Iheanacho has really underwhelmed this season and Vardy has shown he's now a player who'll have streaks of input but plenty of games being a passenger.

• Like 1

I honestly think they are easing him back after a fairly serious injury, ideal scenario would be to ease him in for the last 15-20 minutes of a game when we are 2 or 3 ahead and he can relax back into competitive football, trouble is both games he has been on the bench, we haven’t been in that position and the changes made were to try and force a result. 

Let’s hope we can get him some minutes on Wednesday evening. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

We have a very clever manager.

A very clever manager might think it’s a good idea to give someone their first run out against one of the worst teams this division has ever seen. 

We shall see lol 

We have a manager who has the luxury of giving players time and not having to over buden them. Our previous manager would overplay his key favourites. He hasn't needed just to chuck cannon on to see what will happen. He can bring him in when he thinks the time is right. 

• Like 3