Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

35 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Usually a manager wants to get their signing involved quickly. Everything suggests Enzo has not requested we sign him personally. 

Signed injured, and then not used at all. Early days of course but concerning. 

If it’s not a matter of real urgency,like a relegation battle for example,then it’s quite common for a manager to take an age to blood a new signing.Particularly striker’s.Or play them on the wing.

I don’t think this bloke likes striker’s very much tbh.

• Like 1

He clearly isn’t good enough in enzo’s eyes. The position we are crying out loudest for is a striker, and he isn’t being given even a sniff. I love Vardy, but please for the love of god use him as a sub. Didn’t we review last weeks performance when he came on and was highly impactful. Enzo’s arrogance worries me.

• Like 1

Vardy and Iheanacho haven't been good enough but I really don't think this system is much good at all for the striker. We don't create anywhere near enough. The fact we're all pining for Cannon who we've never seen is pretty damning.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Vardy and Iheanacho haven't been good enough but I really don't think this system is much good at all for the striker. We don't create anywhere near enough. The fact we're all pining for Cannon who we've never seen is pretty damning.

I think thats 100% right, its really not an out and out striker thats going to work. We need a hybrid type player. Someone like Bowen. 

Which is why if we were to get promoted,  i wouldnt be surprised to see us going back in for Nico Gonzalez. Thats the type of player that will eventually be the striker template for us, a false 9, who is just as comfortable creating as they are getting on the end of things 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbh I'm getting a bit frustrated with the weird desperation for Cannon. I know it's like having a new toy and everyone's excited to see him play but eh. The over reactions to Enzo not getting him on the pitch yet are weird. 

Yes, Maresca has said he wants to give him minutes but he's not going to throw an inexperienced, young debutant returning from a pretty long injury on in a game where we're struggling and desperate for a goal. 

And that's pretty much where we've been at since Cannon has been fit. We've run in to a patch of poor form and we've not been doing well, we're obviously going to favour Vardy and Iheanacho who are known quantities. I don't have any problem with that. 

Maresca just seems to be waiting til we're more comfortable to give him a chance to get game time and I'm not sure in what world that's a bad idea? 

We are getting to the point where he can’t really hold off much longer. Iheanacho has been poor in front of goal recently and Vardy has been patchy at best. There are a lot of games coming up and we are staring down the barrel of the African cup of nations. For me last night against bottom of the league was the perfect time to give Cannon some minutes before the mad December schedule.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbh I'm getting a bit frustrated with the weird desperation for Cannon. I know it's like having a new toy and everyone's excited to see him play but eh. The over reactions to Enzo not getting him on the pitch yet are weird. 

Yes, Maresca has said he wants to give him minutes but he's not going to throw an inexperienced, young debutant returning from a pretty long injury on in a game where we're struggling and desperate for a goal. 

And that's pretty much where we've been at since Cannon has been fit. We've run in to a patch of poor form and we've not been doing well, we're obviously going to favour Vardy and Iheanacho who are known quantities. I don't have any problem with that. 

Maresca just seems to be waiting til we're more comfortable to give him a chance to get game time and I'm not sure in what world that's a bad idea? 

I swear people want him thrown on just so they can whinge about how shit he is as well. I feel they've been pretty transparent about the situation and that he wasn't bought for immediate impact. Being fit and being ready are 2 different things, especially when you haven't had any established place in the team.  This is definitely a scenario where i will trust the manager.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

We are getting to the point where he can’t really hold off much longer. Iheanacho has been poor in front of goal recently and Vardy has been patchy at best. There are a lot of games coming up and we are staring down the barrel of the African cup of nations. For me last night against bottom of the league was the perfect time to give Cannon some minutes before the mad December schedule.

I'll be honest, I was surprised he didn't come on on the hour mark yesterday given we were winning. 

But we were largely shit and on the back foot at that point having created very little, I'm not sure he'd have done much other than run around and press. Minutes in the legs sure but I doubt he'd have had the chance to make much impact and that's probably what swung it for Maresca who had bigger things to worry about given the general performance. Would you really have chucked a young kid on for his debut in that? 

I imagine the hope is we'd have been comfortable by 60 minutes and he'd have gotten a game. 

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll be honest, I was surprised he didn't come on on the hour mark yesterday given we were winning. 

But we were largely shit and on the back foot at that point having created very little, I'm not sure he'd have done much other than run around and press. Minutes in the legs sure but I doubt he'd have had the chance to make much impact and that's probably what swung it for Maresca who had bigger things to worry about given the general performance. Would you really have chucked a young kid on for his debut in that? 

I imagine the hope is we'd have been comfortable by 60 minutes and he'd have gotten a game. 

In my humble opinion I think Vardy’s lack of pace and tiring legs stopped us from keeping Wednesday honest. If I was the manager last night I would have left KDH on the bench, kept Yunus on the pitch and brought Cannon on to stretch them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

In my humble opinion I think Vardy’s lack of pace and tiring legs stopped us from keeping Wednesday honest. If I was the manager last night I would have left KDH on the bench, kept Yunus on the pitch and brought Cannon on to stretch them.  

...I think he is just that bit unorthodoxy that we need for such a structured way of playing!!!

Unless we are coaching the good bits out of him, I believe he will be a good asset to have in the team. I have only seen him in YouTube reels but he has a Nugent quality to him and a bit of a natural snout for being in the right position.

23 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Where? Most people are just asking for him to get 15 minutes at the end of games against Championship dross. Hardly asking him to replace peak Vardy. 

Particularly since we need him up to speed within the next month to cover Iheanacho and Daka being at AFCON and leaving just Vardy as a striker with any game time this season