Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

15 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

He’s done a phenomenal job of covering Daka so far 😂

You get the idea of currently having 4 registered strikers and 2 being unavailable in Jan right? Current playtime for two going isn't relevant, what is relevant is whether the two staying are match fit 

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Either has no balls or he’s firing blanks. We need someone with a bit of drive and enthusiasm. 

Sometimes you have to ignore whats going on in training, there is players who have game performances that dont tie in with training, adrenaline can do crazy things.  Given how lacklustre we have been up front Cannon should have had some pitch time at this point.

Some managers in past have even admitted they had great players who made no effort at all in training.  Would be unfit etc.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Are we talking football or his sex life?

Interesting Dr. I was thinking more of his use as a Napoleonic artillery piece and his possible effectiveness in a Waterloo type situation, where an inability to fire the correct munitions would essentially render the piece useless. 

I'd say it's around 5 weeks before Afcon, looking at the fixtures the gaps are reasonable between each game until 23rd December-1st January. I wouldn't be suprised if we don't see him until either the Birmingham or Rotherham game. That still leaves 4/5 games before the two go to Afcon. We need to be rotating Vardy and Cannon from 23rd Dec onwards tho. Rotherham, Cardiff and Huddersfield are good fixtures to be introduced into, you'd think Vardy/Nacho would play the majority of the Ipswich match on Boxing day.

Edited by Beachyboy

38 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Made 2 good runs to be put in behind and would have been 1v1 with the keeper, unfortunately at 4-0 some of our lads had become greedy ****ers. 

...there is that tendency, just not able to hold their discipline and work the play as they should!!!

You could see Maresca's frustration with what they were showing up front.

Still looks to be a bit rusty as is to be expected, but I am encouraged by what I've seen in the (very) few minutes he's had so far.

Always looks to shoot and looks like he can do off both feet. Definitely has a presence about him too.

Looking forward to him getting more opportunities come Jan...

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Hindsight obviously but I wonder whether we could probably have saved the money and used Hirst. Obviously we will see what Cannon develops into.

Probably so, but it’s just a question of timing.

Hirst was not displaying ability to suggest that he was going to breakthrough at a Premier League team. He needed minutes at a lower level to build up his form and confidence. 

In a different universe we’d have moved him on and never thought any more about it, but we contrived to being the very team playing at a lower level that he might have broken into. I’m not at all irritated and frustrated about getting rid of Hirst, but I’m still furious about the way we got ourselves relegated.

As for Cannon, it’s early days, but I still have a slight nagging doubt about why Everton wouldn’t have kept him if his trajectory is Premier League. But that’s a worry for another day 

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

Probably so, but it’s just a question of timing.

Hirst was not displaying ability to suggest that he was going to breakthrough at a Premier League team. He needed minutes at a lower level to build up his form and confidence. 

In a different universe we’d have moved him on and never thought any more about it, but we contrived to being the very team playing at a lower level that he might have broken into. I’m not at all irritated and frustrated about getting rid of Hirst, but I’m still furious about the way we got ourselves relegated.

As for Cannon, it’s early days, but I still have a slight nagging doubt about why Everton wouldn’t have kept him if his trajectory is Premier League. But that’s a worry for another day 

I would guess Everton needed some funds and they are always in too much of a battle to risk a known unknown.

• Like 1