Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

3 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Probably so, but it’s just a question of timing.

Hirst was not displaying ability to suggest that he was going to breakthrough at a Premier League team. He needed minutes at a lower level to build up his form and confidence. 

In a different universe we’d have moved him on and never thought any more about it, but we contrived to being the very team playing at a lower level that he might have broken into. I’m not at all irritated and frustrated about getting rid of Hirst, but I’m still furious about the way we got ourselves relegated.

As for Cannon, it’s early days, but I still have a slight nagging doubt about why Everton wouldn’t have kept him if his trajectory is Premier League. But that’s a worry for another day 

Just to help with your worries.. TELL Me when Everton have shown qualities in choosing any group of strikers, that have.. made them the experts. 

It's quantity, one invests in 10,to hope. to split to the various levels, or keep. Even the keep choice is not in one's hands... Look how many Manutd/Liverpool ex starlets are spread through the leagues.. One doesn't judge on what other clubs do. 

Poor measure of point doubt or comparison.. 

Surely.. 

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

I like how well he caught the ball with his shot that ended up with Ricardo's goal. Good technique on what I assumed was his weaker (left) foot.

Yep that was 100% going in had the defender not blocked it. Thought it was a sharp bit of play and he was a bit unlucky.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yep that was 100% going in had the defender not blocked it. Thought it was a sharp bit of play and he was a bit unlucky.

I reckon with this young central striker, we first standback and enjoy watch his first season developement,through our doors & Enzo's management team eyes. A couple of others have also seen some

decent posture and movement in just

2x 20mins..Everybody deserves first some room even before judgements.. 

Thats why I agree with your thoughts on this simple observation. 

If it wasn’t for a great block last night from a Millwall defender he would have had his first goal from the left footed shot in the box. 

He looks perfect to fill the striker role in this system because he can drop in deep spaces comfortably like Kel and has the pace to run in behind (albeit he’s not as quick as Daka). 

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Just to help with your worries.. TELL Me when Everton have shown qualities in choosing any group of strikers, that have.. made them the experts. 

It's quantity, one invests in 10,to hope. to split to the various levels, or keep. Even the keep choice is not in one's hands... Look how many Manutd/Liverpool ex starlets are spread through the leagues.. One doesn't judge on what other clubs do. 

Poor measure of point doubt or comparison.. 

Surely.. 

Everton are a team that only survived in the Premier League by winning their last game of the season 1-0. 

They are in financial difficulties and it occurs to me that if they had a starlet in their ranks who could potentially save them millions they’d do everything possible to promote him into the side or, at the very least, send him out on loan to get him off the wage bill, but keep as one for the future. 

Any assessment I’ve made of TC is not based on anything I’ve seen from the player as I’ve seen very little other than his highlight reel from his Preston loan. It’s just a nagging doubt that seems quite reasonable until I’ve seen him in a Leicester shirt for an extended period of time. It’s also quite an irrelevant concern until we (hopefully) return to the Premier League 

Has good movement, looks like he can find the space to run in to, just needs the midfielders to feed him . Couple of times vs Plymouth he was through bu Cesare decided to run with the ball until he lost it.

Doesn't seem scared to get stuck In. 

Hopefully when he gets a chance, we will start to see what his finishing is like.

Cannon was unlucky with his effort that struck the defender. His movement overall was very good and he worked the channels well .

I thought he done a lot better than against Plymouth.He's going to need time to build his fitness and Match sharpness.

I do think there's a good player in him going forward.

• Like 1

He's been put on when we don't really have any intentions of going for another goal, but it's like he didn't get the memo so that's good to see. Seems really keen. Was getting visibly frustrated in both games at people not putting the ball in. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

8 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Hindsight obviously but I wonder whether we could probably have saved the money and used Hirst. Obviously we will see what Cannon develops into.

Hirst is 24 has managed 6 goals and 5 assists from 1445 minutes for a team smashing the league.

His overall championship record is average 6 goals in 2390 minutes.

Cannon is 4 year younger (20) scored 8 goals and 1 assist in 1678 minutes for a midtable PNE.

I think Cannon is worth the investment.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Probably so, but it’s just a question of timing.

Hirst was not displaying ability to suggest that he was going to breakthrough at a Premier League team. He needed minutes at a lower level to build up his form and confidence. 

In a different universe we’d have moved him on and never thought any more about it, but we contrived to being the very team playing at a lower level that he might have broken into. I’m not at all irritated and frustrated about getting rid of Hirst, but I’m still furious about the way we got ourselves relegated.

As for Cannon, it’s early days, but I still have a slight nagging doubt about why Everton wouldn’t have kept him if his trajectory is Premier League. But that’s a worry for another day 

I recon FFP and the need to make some money was the main reason. They didn't want to sell a key player as that made relegation a bigger risk.

So they maybe thought selling someone like Cannon was the better option.