Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

4 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Be amazed if he doesn't start Saturday. The lad needs a start and 60/70 muns run out. 

I reckon kelechi starts and cannon gets a cameo again. I think Enzo will keep him on a leash.. need to keep him fit and ready for January and not run the risk of him picking up an injury whilst the others are away

Vs Plymouth he had good movement and looked sharp. Had casadei used his brain he'd have had 3 chances.

Vs Millwall, one sniff on goal  deflected to riccy and goallllll

Tonight, 1 snatched half chance other than that not alot of feeding to him. Had kdh on the wing so already took a bit of the creativity out the way.

I think he'll come good but I won't be surprised to see him just get 20 to 30mins a game until the afcon not worth the risk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Yeah he’s not  rapid but thought looked quicker tonight compared to last couple of appearances. 

Yeh not seen that much pace from him as of yet which seems strange when he said in his interview last week that he models his game on Vardy in his prime. In his absolute prime the GOAT was as rapid as a whippet and it was a key part of his game alongside world class finishing. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Just me that's has been quite encouraged by his cameos then? 

If his cameo is for the statue department then perhaps so. 

Im not convinced he’s even a footballer, he looks terrified when he comes on, a bit like then you were at school and they took you on the dry ski slope trip, and on the forms where it asks if you’ve done it before, you tick expert, and then get to the top of the slope and realise what terrible mistake you’ve just made. 

Perhaps he is still injured? I don’t know but he’s not shown anything at the moment to convince me he’s an improvement to what we already have…… 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, iancognito said:

Four months out, no pre-season and still getting used to the style, his team mates and his role.

I know this goes against the Leicester fan habit but he needs time and patience because we'll need him in January.

NO WAY.

HE'S HAD HIS CHANCE.

BURN THE WITCH!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

How has he not been flagged offside for that second goal at QPR? lol

Lovely finish against Blackpool.

For the same reason that KDH was wrongly flagged offside early in the second half when he was about to score. No VAR means being exposed to the slings and arrows of real-time human judgment.

On 19/12/2023 at 10:06, ClaphamFox said:

Watch his goals for Preston last year. He might not be quite as quick as Vardy or Daka, but he's definitely no slouch:

Nice video, thanks for posting. No chips and can knock in a cut back. I would say he probably needs to work on his back muscles as his chest muscles seem to be sticking out a lot, but that might be a moot point now. I did notice that in his appearances for Leicester, but thought it was just pride in the shirt. Anyway, time he was in the starting line up.

10 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Absolute DOG SHIT buy if he doesn't 

59 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Seriously?   We buy a player with a broken back and its a good signing?

I know this may be a little radical but I’m contemplating basing my judgment on the decision to sign him on the contribution he makes throughout his time with us as opposed to whether he is or isn’t in the starting eleven v Rotherham 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I know this may be a little radical but I’m contemplating basing my judgment on the decision to sign him on the contribution he makes throughout his time with us as opposed to whether he is or isn’t in the starting eleven v Rotherham 

Great contribution thus far. 

3 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Seriously?   We buy a player with a broken back and its a good signing?

Enzo said the club knew he had an injury but he's been signed as a long term investment as he's young and has a lot of potential. Fortunately we haven't needed him as we've has Iheancho and Vardy and more recently Daka but that will change after Rotherham when we lose Daka and Iheanacho for a month. Nobody really knows whether Cannon will be a good signing or not but no point slating the club or the player until we've actually seen what he can do. Worst case scenario long term if he isn't good enough is we sell him and we won't lose a great deal as we didn't pay that much for him. Of course we could have waited until he got over his injury before we signed him but then many other teams may have wanted him and/or Everton may have upped his asking price. 

• Like 2