Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

3 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Seriously?   We buy a player with a broken back and its a good signing?

He’s been signed in view to being our striker for when the AFCON is taking place.
I’ve been an advocate of getting him in the team a few weeks back but the club are probably protecting him to make sure he is fit in January. So wouldn’t be surprised if he on the bench again today - might as well play Daka while we have him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I know this may be a little radical but I’m contemplating basing my judgment on the decision to sign him on the contribution he makes throughout his time with us as opposed to whether he is or isn’t in the starting eleven v Rotherham 

Bold idea but it'll never catch on

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, filthyfox said:

Or...  Joel Piroe

Don't think we had the finances to get Piroe at the time. I mean we could pick apart every single transfer we make and say we should have signed this player or that player. Unfortunately it's not football manager and we can't just sign whoever we want, whenever we want. 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Maybe off the bench depending on how the game is going but I cannot see him starting a game for us until Millwall in the FA Cup or until at least the AFCON boys are gone

Depends if Daka is....   functioning properly?  I think 70th minute.

3 minutes ago, FLAN said:

He’s.not marescas man is he?  
get the feeling he’s only going to be used as a last resort. No way I’d have played nacho tonight when under pressure 

Disagree. Big game and Nacho is the senior experienced player who should be delivering. Coupled with the fact that Nacho had a point to prove with Daka taking his starting spot, means that Nacho should have upped his game and delivered. Now, Nacho went on to prove he should be nowhere near the squad anymore, but to some degree we needed that to happen. 

We are weeks away from Afcon. Cannon will get his chances. 

14 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Disagree. Big game and Nacho is the senior experienced player who should be delivering. Coupled with the fact that Nacho had a point to prove with Daka taking his starting spot, means that Nacho should have upped his game and delivered. Now, Nacho went on to prove he should be nowhere near the squad anymore, but to some degree we needed that to happen. 

We are weeks away from Afcon. Cannon will get his chances. 

Fair assessment but we were under pressure and Nacho never shows energy so strange to bring him on

Trying not to jump the gun but Cannon has been quite unfortunate not to score multiple goals in his previous appearances, so with him on for a hattrick today if he keeps getting opportunities like this, I think there's no need to worry about strikers with him and Daka as our options. 
Iheanacho can leave in Jan. 

15 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Insert ordnance based pun here.  

Actually no, please don't.  

Now bag the hatrick lad.  Looks a really smart finisher.  

Apparently he’s spent hours & hours watching Vardy’s runs etc. 

He must now love learning from him personally. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Apparently he’s spent hours & hours watching Vardy’s runs etc. 

He must now love learning from him personally. 

Definitely.  We've missed so many chances this season if he starts putting even a few of those away we'll be laughing.  

• Like 1