Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I thought he took both goals really well and even with the offside one, showed he knows how to finish. Not bad for our 4th choice striker but I get the feeling he won't be 4th choice anymore. 

If he's fit, I recon he would be first/second choice with Daka...  Vardy third, the tea lady's blind dog fourth, and Nacho 5th

If he follows up today’s performance with another strong showing I don’t think there will be any looking back for Tommy Cannon. Both goals today were impressive and he made some very intelligent movements for a striker in this tactical system. He knew when to drop into pockets and when to stretch the opposition defence. The striker in this team and the way it is set up to play, needs to be hard working and sharp in front of goal, it is ironic that David Nugent would have scored stupid numbers if we could slot him in his prime, him and Cannon do

have strong similarities.

• Like 1

Rotation…??

League wise he only has 20 games..to go.

Though rotation it will happen I am sure.

He could well end up top scorer

This team is set up for him…

If Daka stays,I see both taking us into the next era.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Seeing all these comparisons people are chucking out there I’m adding that he reminded me of a Matty Fryatt with pace. 

Steady on. Comparing him to one of the greatest players to ever play the game is a big burden to carry. Next you’ll be saying he reminds you of Ronaldo or something? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Don't suppose anyone's worked out the speed of that first goal? He walloped it somewhat.

Unfortunately that was one of the packages we unsubscribed to during our *ahem* gap year....

His cameos concerned me, but yesterday proved everything I thought wrong. 

He looked excellent. Strong, quick good touch and technique. Both his goals were different his second more impressive than his first. 

I like his confidence too, he’s been waiting for an opportunity and has taken it. Excited to see how his season pans out. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

His cameos concerned me, but yesterday proved everything I thought wrong. 

He looked excellent. Strong, quick good touch and technique. Both his goals were different his second more impressive than his first. 

I like his confidence too, he’s been waiting for an opportunity and has taken it. Excited to see how his season pans out. 

Totally agree with this - his cameos had me worried! I also liked his defending from the front - a bit of aggressive pressing that Kels and Patson don’t do.

Goals aside, it was the rest of his game that pleased me too. He doesn't hesitate on anything. How often have we seen Iheanacho, Vardy and Daka receive the ball and be uncertain on what to do. 

Cannon was making quick lay offs or if he received the ball and had space, he was confident to run with it but more importantly get his head up and assess what was in front of him.

What a start. Let's hope he can keep it up.

• Like 2

The control he showed to hit that first when on the turn and keep it down was superb, but also his second, when the ball bounced it sat up and didn’t carry on so he had to use his strength get his body between the ball and defender hold him off and calmly finish. Superb.

• Like 1

That first goal was only a half chance. But the way he strikes it, on the half turn, hard and low. What a goal. The second he shrugs of the defender and then calmly slots it away. Great to see. Can't wait to see more from him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Master Fox said:

Steady on. Comparing him to one of the greatest players to ever play the game is a big burden to carry. Next you’ll be saying he reminds you of Ronaldo or something? 

He reminds me of Diego Costa!