Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

45 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

If he does this he's a ****ing idiot, and I'm already wanting the clueless clown out. 

The reactions to Cooper remind me a bit of 1996. We'd been playing pretty football under an upcoming manager who jumped ship and was replaced with an ex-Forest guy who many branded clueless. We had Corica playing out of his skin, he was binned off and replaced by a reserve from Chelsea.

Things turned out okay IIRC. I'll wait to see a few games before I decide if the Cannon decision is a wrong'un.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

What are you basing your assertion that Cooper is a stopped clock on? He’s been successful in every job he’s had so I guess you must be basing everything on pre-season?

Just now, ChrisFilter said:

What are you basing your assertion that Cooper is a stopped clock on? He’s been successful in every job he’s had so I guess you must be basing everything on pre-season?

If you’re reading in context, and seeing what I’m replying to it’s pretty clear bud. We’re talking about him repeatedly playing players out of position. We aren’t even talking preseason 😂

Just now, phoneticerror said:

If you’re reading in context, and seeing what I’m replying to it’s pretty clear bud. We’re talking about him repeatedly playing players out of position. We aren’t even talking preseason 😂

So you think he’s just been lucky? That these stupid decisions have somehow worked repeatedly despite being wrong?

Maybe he’s just an alright manager?

• Haha 1

I get that everybody wants Cannon to come good but the fact is both Maresca and now Cooper do not seem to fancy him says it all.

He just does not seem able to do anything in the build up and kills any momentum we get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

I get that everybody wants Cannon to come good but the fact is both Maresca and now Cooper do not seem to fancy him says it all.

He just does not seem able to do anything in the build up and kills any momentum we get.

He has not played a proper game for Cooper yet so no idea how he has came to that conclusion, he played 1 pre season friendly 

• Like 2

Yeah, I get it - thank you. And definitely not unchilled. Just curious as to why Cooper is being written off on very little evidence. 

He might be a disaster. Let’s see. Although even the expected disastrous season will be hard to pin on him given how mismanaged our club has been since Vichai died. 

That suggests I’m blaming Top. I’m not. He’s been horribly misadvised. 

9 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

As an outsider, reading both comments. I think he gets it. 

Hardly tearing Cooper apart. But playing players where they’re most effective and comfortable is more likely to yield results. But let’s “keep the faith” hey? Jesus, it’s fine to have different opinions and discuss. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by phoneticerror

Mav certainly has the quick feet to play in the centre, It's wether he can understand the positioning required quickly enough.

If it's not working we can always try Cannon. Who i see more as a poacher than a CF.

As a last resort we could stick Vesty up top to win crosses, long balls and knock downs.

Anything is better than losing passively to Spurs.

8 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

Yeah, I get it - thank you. And definitely not unchilled. Just curious as to why Cooper is being written off on very little evidence. 

He might be a disaster. Let’s see. Although even the expected disastrous season will be hard to pin on him given how mismanaged our club has been since Vichai died. 

That suggests I’m blaming Top. I’m not. He’s been horribly misadvised. 

I’d love for the guy to come good. And I definitely don’t agree with the “sack him now” brigade. 

Top is questionable, and I’ve got much less faith in him than I do Cooper.

10 hours ago, iancognito said:

The reactions to Cooper remind me a bit of 1996. We'd been playing pretty football under an upcoming manager who jumped ship and was replaced with an ex-Forest guy who many branded clueless. We had Corica playing out of his skin, he was binned off and replaced by a reserve from Chelsea.

Things turned out okay IIRC. I'll wait to see a few games before I decide if the Cannon decision is a wrong'un.

I thought Corica was a MON signing? 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Mav certainly has the quick feet to play in the centre, It's wether he can understand the positioning required quickly enough.

If it's not working we can always try Cannon. Who i see more as a poacher than a CF.

As a last resort we could stick Vesty up top to win crosses, long balls and knock downs.

Anything is better than losing passively to Spurs.

Probably better to try the actual striker as striker before turning to Mav who has great work rate and would be needed on the left hand side more importantly 

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Be a definite statement if he doesn't start Monday. Id like him to 

From the glimpses we have seen, I think there's a player in there. I think he's a natural finisher, no one else in our squad would have been able to take that first goal against Huddersfield. I think he would have made a difference with some of the chances Vardy and Daka squandered towards the back end of the season. Whether he will be anywhere near good enough for the premier League I'm guessing we will find out, and it's a gamble allowing someone who hasn't had chance to prove himself in the championship with us start Monday but as you say I'd like him to also.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

Hardly tearing Cooper apart. But playing players where they’re most effective and comfortable is more likely to yield results. But let’s “keep the faith” hey? Jesus, it’s fine to have different opinions and discuss. 🤷‍♂️ 

I don’t think anyone’s being aggy mate. Just chatting. 

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I thought Corica was a MON signing? 

No, Mark McGhee, eve of the 1995 season opener at Sunderland, he and Mark Robins scored with former Fox Steve Agnew getting the Sunderland goal in a 2-1 win for us. 

I'm such a sad bastard, I didn't even need Google.

• Like 2