Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

Just needs games, he showed in the glimpses where he did get decent game time that he can contribute but with every young player there is a risk and I think Enzo and now Cooper preferred to go with the more experienced and proven strikers such as Vards and Daka. 

if Cannon gets given a decent run of games he will develop into a very decent player, whether he will be afforded that with us remains to be seen

• Like 4

8 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Probably better to try the actual striker as striker before turning to Mav who has great work rate and would be needed on the left hand side more importantly 

I Agree, It's better to play players in their preferred positions. He offers plenty on the left wing, Width, Pace and Skill plus the fear factor.

We've not seen Cordova Reid play so we don't know what he offers, But if Cooper is thinkering he musn't trust him either.

That only leave Cannon who doesn't seem quite ready though maybe he's one of those players who doesn't put a shift in unless there's something at stake.

But he's definitely a Poacher in the Cottee mould if he gets a chance.

Let's just hope Cooper  has a plan and pulls off a shock, and whoever he chooses in the system works,  and he delivers the goods on Monday.

Edited by Clever Fox
  • Like 1

Can't believe we're about to kick off a season with our only striking option barely getting a warm up in pre-season. Hope his professional pride has kept his fitness where it needs to be and he takes this golden opportunity. 🙏

• Like 4

8 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Hardly tearing Cooper apart. But playing players where they’re most effective and comfortable is more likely to yield results. But let’s “keep the faith” hey? Jesus, it’s fine to have different opinions and discuss. 🤷‍♂️ 

Yes, yes it is. I don’t recall saying you couldn’t have an opinion? I’m discussing. As you said. I never said keep the faith either. Weird post. 

Edited by RumbleFox

7 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I thought Corica was a MON signing? 

No he was the main boy for McGhee, came in during the summer following relegation, Scott Taylor too IIRC. Corica was one of the ones who had a big fall out with MON and Robbo and he barely played when they came in.

17 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

if we dont start cannon on monday, then there has to be something more than his ability. Go look at his previous goals, the lads exacty what we need. Why do we get in players and then ruin their confidence?

I don't know about that. I think the lad is probably a finisher, but with a lack of creativity in the side he's not going to be getting loads of service where you have other players (not in our side) that can fashion opportunities for themselves.  And maybe that's what his managers want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

I don't know about that. I think the lad is probably a finisher, but with a lack of creativity in the side he's not going to be getting loads of service where you have other players (not in our side) that can fashion opportunities for themselves.  And maybe that's what his managers want.

watch his goals, he can score off scraps. He can't develop if he doesn't play

12 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:
12 hours ago, ronnup said:

Be a definite statement if he doesn't start Monday. Id like him to 

From the glimpses we have seen, I think there's a player in there

12 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

From the glimpses we have seen, I think there's a player in there

Im sorry but I can't let this go. We are in the Premier League and there's people talking Cannon into something he isn't at this moment in time.

Szmodiks, who ripped the Championship a new one was on the bench for Ipswich and will probably look to rotate and might end up with 4 goals this season. 

There's no way on god's earth that Cannon should give any hope and there's absolutely nothing he's done in the past that warrants being a focal 9 in the premier league at any stage. If he was even slightly ready, he'd have forced his way in last season and then the question might be can he follow his form through to this season when called upon. 

The reality is he should be looking for a loan to probably league one.

The fact we are in this mess is down to the ownership and Rudkin and this is what years of neglect and lack of planning looks like. One fit stiker that couldn't start in the Championship. 

This is realism. Doesn't mean that I won't support him though and hope Monday night he can somehow make the break through. I hope he bangs in goals and proves me wrong but god let's be realistic - we are in a world of pain from years of neglect. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

No, Mark McGhee, eve of the 1995 season opener at Sunderland, he and Mark Robins scored with former Fox Steve Agnew getting the Sunderland goal in a 2-1 win for us. 

I'm such a sad bastard, I didn't even need Google.

That’s a great memory you have!!! Those were the days of me being a home and away ever present and would spend hours in the pub talking about the games both before and after - and yet I’d never remember anywhere near that level of detail!!! 

2 hours ago, Collymore said:

Im sorry but I can't let this go. We are in the Premier League and there's people talking Cannon into something he isn't at this moment in time.

Szmodiks, who ripped the Championship a new one was on the bench for Ipswich and will probably look to rotate and might end up with 4 goals this season. 

There's no way on god's earth that Cannon should give any hope and there's absolutely nothing he's done in the past that warrants being a focal 9 in the premier league at any stage. If he was even slightly ready, he'd have forced his way in last season and then the question might be can he follow his form through to this season when called upon. 

The fact we are in this mess is down to the ownership and Rudkin and this is what years of neglect and lack of planning looks like. One fit stiker that couldn't start in the Championship. 

This is realism. Doesn't mean that I won't support him though and hope Monday night he can somehow make the break through. I hope he bangs in goals and proves me wrong but god let's be realistic - we are in a world of pain from years of neglect. 

It's clearly better to play as Striker as a Striker than move a player who is better in another position to be a bad striker because you don't like a Striker at the same time further weaking already piss poor creativity. Cooper is an absolute moron if he starts a Premier League game with Mavididi up front, pure and simple. I'd sack him right there. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

You've taken one line of my post in which it didn't reflect anything of what you have suggested and decided to go on a rant where your opinion is based on nothing more concrete than mine? No one is making him out to be a guaranteed premier league number 9, just lumping a bit of hope that if he's the one to start that he will be able to show at least something that can scrape us through until the club brings someone in. There's no issue in choosing a bit of optimism ahead of Monday and the situation we find ourselves in.

6 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

That’s a great memory you have!!! Those were the days of me being a home and away ever present and would spend hours in the pub talking about the games both before and after - and yet I’d never remember anywhere near that level of detail!!! 

Me too, I dare say we'd have met a few times then.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Collymore said:

I just think wed be better playing him there on Monday love, as hes our only striker.

Got yourself all in a tizz havent you 

13 hours ago, iancognito said:

No he was the main boy for McGhee, came in during the summer following relegation, Scott Taylor too IIRC. Corica was one of the ones who had a big fall out with MON and Robbo and he barely played when they came in.

MON  clearly didn't like or rate him remember in an interview last year think with Taggs and Elliott on the Leicester channell he said the Leicester fans thought Corica was a good player for some reason ouch

14 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Don’t know before us but didn’t he arrive injured and was unavailable for months? 

5 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

He did. I believe it was a back injury of sorts

The club signed him knowing that he has a stress fracture in his back - it was detected in his medical. Maresca said at the time "it is a long-term investment it doesn't mean we don't need him now." They knew that it would fully heal within eight weeks.