Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon officially signs!

19 hours ago, Simonb said:

If he starts then he's got a couple games to prove his worth. It's either Cannon or throw Vesty up for an aerial threat 

These are times I wish I was a time traveller.

Stop a fan on the street towards the end of Rodgers' reign and tell them in 18 months Big Jan will have signed a new contract and would be considered one of our only striking options going into the new Premier League season in 2024. 

7 hours ago, Collymore said:

These are times I wish I was a time traveller.

Stop a fan on the street towards the end of Rodgers' reign and tell them in 18 months Big Jan will have signed a new contract and would be considered one of our only striking options going into the new Premier League season in 2024. 

Hahaha thing was .. before vardy was named fit I couldn't see another option other than a budget ormodroyd.. worrying times

I think Cooper means that he's just not ready for the Premier League, rather than not rating him. He's a decent champ striker, but needs a season on loan and games at his age. He's barely played any first team football.

You always become a better player when you aren't playing. Likewise when you play 46 championship games and have the odd bad one you suddenly can't cut it in the Prem. Some of our players disproved that last night and I think we just have to trust the managers opinion that Cannon isn't ready. 

I think this is another one on the awful hierarchy again. Signings should be aligned with a vision and have a clear plan. When we signed him there were mentions of the African Cup of nations and Daka/Nacho being away. You don't sign a striker, who doesn't fit your pressing style, just for one month then never play him again. It's another completely avoidable waste of money from the club. 

Edited by Gamble92

28 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

What was the point of buying him 🤣🤣

It was daft when you consider the fee, if we needed an extra striker we could have loaned one.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Because we were going to end up with just a 37 year old for about 6 weeks due to afcon.

He's also one for the future.

That would suggest he'd be first team ready but he has rarely been trusted.

7 minutes ago, Royston. said:

That would suggest he'd be first team ready but he has rarely been trusted.

Enzo and Steve seem to agree.

I think he's was seen as cheap option, with Championship experience, who could also develop.

Not help by arriving injured, I can see him going on loan to the Championship. 

A good season we can sell or he comes back firing 

Edited by coolhandfox