Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Match thread - Hull City (H)

Just a total lack of meaningful movement everywhere and that starts from the back. Slow getting it out of defence, sideways ball in the middle of the park and nobody willing to take on their man in the final 3rd. 

Dropping down a league we have managed to pick up the points but if this was last season under BR, we would be raging. Enzo ball really isnt that glamorous. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, oxford fox said:

Just to say the referee is my sons football coach in berinsfield in Oxfordshire really nice guy John busby he let my two autistic boys join there football team real gentlemen 

Are you saying… my mates the ref?

Glad to hear he’s helped your boys out though, not convinced about his reffing so far but that’s nice to hear. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oxford fox said:

Just to say the referee is my sons football coach in berinsfield in Oxfordshire really nice guy John busby he let my two autistic boys join there football team real gentlemen 

Give your son a copy of the rulebook to give the guy next week, he needs it

• Haha 2

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Without a second striker or a creative number 10 we are so reliant on wingers. 

That’s not the problem, the problem (imo) is the lack of breaking midfielders supporting, so hopefully Cesare would ignite things

The results have been good up to now but we're not really seeing much improvement in the level of performance match by match. We're just not creating enough chances in games, especially given the vast amount of possession we have. 

Was hoping that Yunus would hug the touchline more so that we can stretch the play and create more space. He keeps coming inside, though. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

Where we're lacking is the ball from the keeper. When Winks or Ricardo drops deep to collect the ball, Kel needs to follow and bring his defender with him. He either turns or lays it off to Ricky or Winks (whichever hasn't dropped deep) and allows the midfield and wingers to pour forward.

We did it within the 1st 7 minutes and their centre back got booked, keep doing it.

This football management lark is easy 😉

7 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

How we haven't picked up on this and started making every day leg day for him baffles me. If he could explosively attack a ball he'd be unplayable at his size.

You can’t teach an old dog new tricks. Maybe they’ve already tried it. Who knows? 

I’ve defended Nacho for a while but this system doesn’t work if he doesn’t want to move or get in the box. He’s great at dropping in and getting the ball on the turn but then he jogs behind play and doesn’t make an effort to break into the box. When we’re tryin to build attacks he just stays central, you can see other players voicing their frustrations at him because there’s no movement. He spends so much time looking at his feet, get your head up man!!!

• Like 2