Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Match thread - Hull City (H)

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Pretty interesting! I said earlier in the week that Mavididi and maybe KDH needed dropping, and he has dropped one of them. KDH a bit lucky IMO!

I guess McAteer will start wide left instead of right, given that Maresca said that Fatawu and Yunus are competing for the left hand side position. Really looking forward to seeing what Yunus can do!

Also note that Souttar is not in the squad despite not leaving, so ideas of him being brought back into the squad now the window has closed seemed wide of the mark.

To early to say that for Souttar, if he doesn't feature in one of the next 4-5 squads tho I'd definitely agree.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Slightly surprised we are still not seeing Casedai start. 

I am too, but fans said Ndidi changed the match against Tranmere. Not just the goal AND assist but his overall play.

Said it a few times already but Maresca seems to reward good performances with staying in the team, as it should be. I think there is an argument for KDH not being in the team, but I would say that outside of the final third the rest of his play is still pretty good, if you look at the stats he is in the top ranked midfielders in the Championship so far. 

All that said, Casadei has looked good every time he's come on so far.

6 minutes ago, Bilo said:

That bench is absolute dirt.

It feels like years since we've had a bench with so many players that could come on and change a game.

Add this to our opposition having little strength in depth and, seemingly, less fitness, there're going to be A LOT of goals in the last 20 minutes this season!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Match going fans said he was very poor against Tranmere and was deservedly hooked.

Maresca has signed players for every position. If you don't perform, you are out and your competitor comes in. This is the elite mentality we need at the club!

Plus it'd be pretty shit to drop McAteer after a brace. Presume he goes to the right Yunus on left. 

Nice to have actual match winners on bench. 

• Like 4

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

Wow 4 attacking players plus a goal scoring midfielder on the bench!

We can't argue with that.

That's our secret sauce if you ask me. We also just signed another striker who isn't even in the 18 lol

With 5 subs and 5-10 minutes of injury time, we can just throw everything at teams to force a goal. I am sure we will have the occasional slip-up, but that squad is simply too strong for this level. We have some players who's yearly wage is more than entire teams put together!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Pretty interesting! I said earlier in the week that Mavididi and maybe KDH needed dropping, and he has dropped one of them. KDH a bit lucky IMO!

I guess McAteer will start wide left instead of right, given that Maresca said that Fatawu and Yunus are competing for the left hand side position. Really looking forward to seeing what Yunus can do!

Also note that Souttar is not in the squad despite not leaving, so ideas of him being brought back into the squad now the window has closed seemed wide of the mark.

It's not even been 24 hours!

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

It feels like years since we've had a bench with so many players that could come on and change a game.

Add this to our opposition having little strength in depth and, seemingly, less fitness, there're going to be A LOT of goals in the last 20 minutes this season!

It helps that the manager isn’t selecting 2 keepers and 3 full backs. 

Curious how we see a more match changing bench as soon as the window closes don’t you agree? 

Guest Kopfkino

Still got Coady, Praet & Cannon to come into the squad. Then Albrighton & Souttar who are useful if we need numbers at some point. Plus Alves & Braybrooke to hopefully play a role at some point. 

Tonnes of options for this league