Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Match thread - Hull City (H)

Just now, peterborofox said:

Too laboured. They play ok football but don't look good at the back but we aren't testing them. 

Tempo needs to up, their keeper not had a save to make 

We have had 7 shots, created ~5x the xG created they have. Zero on target. They fluke a goal from a deflection, not time to panic yet. 

To be honest I'm still not convinced 5 games in, we got lucky with some of the previous 4 wins, seem today the steam is running out, not that is ever really got going, sounds laboured today, I don't go for this one striker system when you had 7/8 shoots and not one on target, piss poor !

• Haha 1

We are crying out for some guile at #8. If the tempo is going to be this slow, it needs an advanced midfielder to be able to receive the ball comfortably and keep play moving. KDH and Ndidi don't have it in them. It's not a surprise with Wilf but KDH is being shown up at the start of this season.

Winks and especially Ricardo are also culpable. Clearly it's a coached pattern of play for the Centre half to play it into them for a wall pass, but there have been times both could have turned and progressed the play and all it serves is to allow Hull to reorganise.

We might escape with points again, but I think the alarm bells are ringing a bit louder.

• Like 2

Just now, Clever Fox said:

Disappointed in the new lad Yunas. He's never once took the winger on when one to one.

I can't actually remember a situation in that half that we've created for him so he's been 1v1 like McAteer has, in all fairness 

Just now, Clever Fox said:

Disappointed in the new lad Yunas. He's never once took the winger on when one to one.

Watching it mate I don’t think that’s his default either, it looks as if he almost looks to go to get on the outside of the defender before cutting on his left. A few times he’s stopping himself as if it’s a clear instruction and just rolling it inside. Killing all momentum unfortunately. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He likes to play 1-2s and pass into space but Ricardo and Ndidi haven’t connected with him. Hopefully he doesn’t suffer the same fate as Tete

• Like 1