Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Match thread - Hull City (H)

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Plus it'd be pretty shit to drop McAteer after a brace. Presume he goes to the right Yunus on left. 

Nice to have actual match winners on bench. 

McAteer has played on the left for us a few times, including against Liverpool in pre-season. I expect Yunus on the right because of things Maresca has said in the pre-match press conference, but let's see what happens! He has played across the front 3 in his career so far.

I also wonder if he will swap them round during the game? That is something our players should be able to do, though so far he hasn't done it.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

That's our secret sauce if you ask me. We also just signed another striker who isn't even in the 18 lol

With 5 subs and 5-10 minutes of injury time, we can just throw everything at teams to force a goal. I am sure we will have the occasional slip-up, but that squad is simply too strong for this level. We have some players who's yearly wage is more than entire teams put together!

Exactly, we can pass and move tiring out the opposition and then later in the game bring on 5 fresh attackers to get that goal. 

Feels very Man City.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dames said:

It helps that the manager isn’t selecting 2 keepers and 3 full backs. 

Curious how we see a more match changing bench as soon as the window closes don’t you agree? 

We just brought 2 attacking players this week, so no not really.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

McAteer has played on the left for us a few times, including against Liverpool in pre-season. I expect Yunus on the right because of things Maresca has said in the pre-match press conference, but let's see what happens! He has played across the front 3 in his career so far.

I also wonder if he will swap them round during the game? That is something our players should be able to do, though so far he hasn't done it.

Strider one thing that crossed my mind was McAteer can cover defensively for an advancing Doyle. Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

KDH can count himself more than a little fortunate to not have his backside sat next to Enzo here. 

I’d have liked to have seen Casadei from the start, tbh.. 

I think this is more to do with man management than who deserves the start. See if he responds to his rumoured bollocking and if not drag him early for Casedei

Just now, coolhandfox said:

We just brought 2 attacking players this week, so no not really.

Seems to me that Maresca has made his point and was successful with it. Despite other people claiming it to be conspiracy theories. 

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Disappointed that Casadei doesn’t start given Yunus is who signed more recently so not like a settling in thing.

Good otherwise. I’ve come to terms with Vestergaard until Coady returns.

To be fair though, the #8 roles under Maresca are tougher than the winger's role - tactically - so he probably need more time to get up to the level Ndidi is playing at.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Mavididi the one player out of all the new players I’m not sure fits, body language is also off. Hope this will focus on what he needs to do better and not have the Gray effect as he reminds me of him quite a bit

I think both him and KDH were riding their luck. Casadei will take KDH's place in a heartbeat if he isn't careful and I think McAteer will thrive too after that brace so it's on Mavididi to step it up. He has the ability to, there's been flashes of genuine quality from him and let's see how he reacts.

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

To be fair though, the #8 roles under Maresca are tougher than the winger's role - tactically - so he probably need more time to get up to the level Ndidi is playing at.

Possibly, but getting more minutes should speed the process up. Hopefully will be brought on sooner as apart from in the week, Enzo does seem to leave making changes quite late.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Strider one thing that crossed my mind was McAteer can cover defensively for an advancing Doyle. Thoughts?

Great point, Maresca was glowing about his off the ball work. Doyle played that amazing ball to him for his goal last week too.

The Tranmere game wasn't streamed so I can't really comment on why Mavididi was dropped. Was it because of the move breaking down when it got to him, was it for being lethargic with his off the ball work? Not sure. McAteer has been pretty good in every game so far, the criticism you would label at him is he wasn't brave enough, often declining the chance to beat his man 1 on 1 and playing it safe instead. But he most certainly was not playing that way in the last game! Delighted he gets to start this one, and even if he's not playing well, we have the options on the bench to keep up the momentum.

7 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

It feels like years since we've had a bench with so many players that could come on and change a game.

Add this to our opposition having little strength in depth and, seemingly, less fitness, there're going to be A LOT of goals in the last 20 minutes this season!

Psychologically it'll be big as well.

You felt as though Coventry's threat to us was diminished when Hamer went off on the first day as they didn't have anyone as good to replace him. With us, we could hook Yunus for Mavididi or KDH for Casadei and give the opposition a whole new bunch of problems.

• Like 1