Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Match thread - Hull City (H)

9 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Disappointed that Casadei doesn’t start given Yunus is who signed more recently so not like a settling in thing.

Good otherwise. I’ve come to terms with Vestergaard until Coady returns.

He will play a lot of games this season, once he does start he will be a permanent fixture in the team. I think it's Enzo keeping his feet on the ground as there's a lot of talk of him being this star. He can still impact of the bench.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

To be fair though, the #8 roles under Maresca are tougher than the winger's role - tactically - so he probably need more time to get up to the level Ndidi is playing at.

Think you might be on the money here. If you go charging up the pitch too much, we are light on the transition if the opposition counter.

Look at Pep, Klopp and others who play system football. It takes players a while to get the hang of it. I remember Fabinho at Liverpool not featuring much for his first 4 months and Liverpool fans not understanding why. But then when he came into the team, he stayed there until he left the club, winning the Champions League along the way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

Seems to me that Maresca has made his point and was successful with it. Despite other people claiming it to be conspiracy theories. 

You're still making me smile with you insistence on this!

To paraphrase your post - Because Maresca protested by including 3 keepers on the bench, the board was forced to go out and buy yunus, fatawu and cannon.

And you wonder why we're calling it a conspiracy theory.  

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Pretty interesting! I said earlier in the week that Mavididi and maybe KDH needed dropping, and he has dropped one of them. KDH a bit lucky IMO!

I guess McAteer will start wide left instead of right, given that Maresca said that Fatawu and Yunus are competing for the left hand side position. Really looking forward to seeing what Yunus can do!

Also note that Souttar is not in the squad despite not leaving, so ideas of him being brought back into the squad now the window has closed seemed wide of the mark.

11 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Well, i called the mavididi omission in the pre-match - what do i win?

:whistle::thumbup:

I still believe both,will play their part, and from different positions of strength than expected..Though Souttar,will be really competing against,Vesty, Nelson, Coady, Doyle and Justin on routine training proof. Souttar I really don’t know why,it seems for Enzo ,Souttar is just not sitting right,  but for me ,is a better fit than Vestergaard.

Vesty is grabbing this chance,good luck to him, I definitely won’t Hetz him,he has nothing yet to prove,he’s the guy wearing the badge on gameday so 100% support.

6 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

You're still making me smile with you insistence on this!

To paraphrase your post - Because Maresca protested by including 3 keepers on the bench, the board was forced to go out and buy yunus, fatawu and cannon.

And you wonder why we're calling it a conspiracy theory.  

Well if there was a clear tactical advantage to it why isn’t he doing it now the window is closed? 

26 minutes ago, Bilo said:

That bench is absolute dirt.

That bench plus Cannon/Coady would more than hold its own in this division, perhaps even comfortably top 6. Perhaps a bit light in defence/heavy in attack (especially when you include Daka, Praet etc), but that's some seriously strong depth for this level. Plus youth options like Braybrooke, Alves, Maswanhise etc who could all potentially step up into the main squad.

We all knew we needed a reset, and perhaps some more outgoings than we managed, but that's a huge transformation we've gone through this summer and still kept a really strong side despite losing 'key' players. It's been an impressive window.

Now just back that up with 3pts today otherwise this'll look a bit silly lol 

• Like 1

FoxesHub requiring me to buy the same pass I bought last week.  Signed out, and it doesn't recognize the same login details I stored to watch the Rotherham match.  Any advice?!

NEVER MIND: rebooted and was able to sign in.  What a crap interface.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1