Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Well that certainly made a lot of FT posters happy - they've been waiting weeks to slag off the team and the manager!

Frustrating day and we certainly know where we need to improve, but you don't generate 21 shots by playing poorly.

I thought defensively (against a decent attacking side) we looked a lot more comfortable than we have previously and, but, for the deflection we would likely have held out for a clean sheet.

Another day, that one shot that hit the post goes in and their goal is straight into Mads' hands.  If we are going to lose games, i'd rather it be despite dominating a team, creating loads of chances and just not getting the rub of the green, than by not turning up or not generating any chances.

Plenty to still be positive about, a bit annoying that our two best performances were by the two right wingers - but i think every single one of us would have taken 12 points by the international break.   No more transfer distractions, and i suspect a fair few players will be at seagrave the next two weeks to really start to push from 10% to a percentage that includes 'playing in the final third'.

Agree that some will go over the top. But it's ok to point out genuine concerns with the system. We've basically seen the same performance 5 times now and my biggest issue is the fact that there's no changes to the system if we are getting frustrated. The subs are all like for like and if teams work out how to play against us, I can see a few more results like that this season

• Like 1

Abit of a reality check and kick up the arse.

Hull played decent.

We had a goal in us but just miss the cutting edge.

Not the end of the world.

Bezos still learning the players and squads still gelling.

Great start to the season, let's get going again next game.👍

• Like 1

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

21 shots

1 on target

Sums up the game. Better finishing and we win easily.

Better finishing? Most of them shots were long range efforts it's nothing to do with finishing it's the fact we don't create good chances. Did you watch the game or are you just looking at the stats?

4 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

We have created plenty of chances today, two headers that I expect a professional footballer to take. KDH  also shot straight at the keeper, thats 3 for you sweet cheeks. 

C'mon plenty of chances? We had one that hit the post. Completely toothless wayward pot shots otherwise. 

I'll change my tune after a handful of anti-KDH comments by saying that he wasn't actually our worst player.

That prize goes to Doyle. 

Been really impressed with him in the first few games but today he got turned inside out every time he was 1-on-1 and misplaced most of his passes.

Hopefully just a bad day at the office.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

The kdh shot was a half chance at best and yes the 2 headers were chances but wouldn't say clear chance. Bet our xg today was under 0.5 

A half chance??? Free headers in the box aren't considered clear chances?? You sir have absoloutly no idea what you are talking about. And then you top it off by talking xg. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

He was offside anyway so made no odds. We created nothing today and got what we deserved. Zilch. Hull did nothing either and got a lucky deflected goal but its very concerning that we haven't created alot in any game. 

He absolutely wasn’t offside though. The defender passed it to him in front of the ref. Had it gone in I’m sure the ref and linesman would’ve consulted as to whether it came off the defender 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I said anything threatening :P. 11 shots in the box. 6 blocked, 3 missed the target, 1 hit the post, one saved. Our system means we get a fair few players into the box, but having shots in the box doesn't mean they threaten. You need to actually test the keeper. But I appreciate others might not agree.

So, in reality, all but the three off target shots were 'threatening' - a goal bound shot that is blocked could be a brilliant shot, the fact that it is blocked means that a defender has been forced to make a defensive action, thus, he felt there was a threat.

4 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

We had 7 shots blocked today, compared to their 7 total attempts. 

People don't seem to grasp how difficult it is to create 'easy chances' when there are so many bodies in the way.

There wasn’t so many bodies in this instance though, there was one, even the keeper was beat. It was an awful miss  

Disappointing result but the performance was pretty much on a par with the other games we've played this season. Player for player Hull are the best team we've played this season by some way. We could have got something out of the game but didn't get the breaks and didn't finish our chances today. We are a work in progress. New system. New players. After 5 games 12 points is a real bonus for a team that should get better and better as the season goes on. One baffling selection today. Surely Casadei should be starting over Ndidi!  

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Silver lining is the likes of Southampton and Leeds also had bad dish games.

It’s no doubt a shocking result for Southampton but at least Sunderland showed that have a bit about them last season, the Leeds result however stinks. They’ll be fuming at dropping points at home to arguably the worst team in the division in a Derby. That really could have got their season going today, at least we’ve got points on the board. 

Lucky deflected goal and they went to time wasting. 

We weren't at it today but if there is a blue print of how to beat us it was that today. As soon as they went 1-0 the tempo slowed down they went to a 2-4-4 'playing out' from the back which went to a 2-6-2 as their wingers came inside for the out ball. The outball was there then it was run at the modfield/defence. 

Fatawu looks dangerous.