Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

It’s alright saying “we’ve had 21 shots” bla bla bla.. but realistically, if you’re completely honest with yourself did we EVER look like actually scoring..? 

We were toothless and other than Fatawu, far too predictable and easy to defend against. 

He won’t change, and maybe it’ll come good, that remains to be seen. However, in a game like that we clearly NEED a plan B and today we didn’t have anything resembling one. KDH is on borrowed time for me, I’d love to see McAteer in his role as he’s offered nothing again today. Thought Ricardo was poor, as was Doyle today. 

Can pick this apart all you want, but it’s nothing different to what we’ve seen every week so far. Our luck was out today and Hull are a better outfit than we’ve faced (possibly not Cov) and we got found out. It is what it is. 

Work to do Enzo. 

We hit the post, had 7 shots blocked and probably should have had at least one penalty - we caused them a shit load of problems  - maybe we 'didn't look like scoring' to you, but i felt we had a chance every time we got the ball - i'm still trying to comprehend how we haven't!  As the saying goes, on another day....

• Like 1

Just now, Ashley said:

Lucky deflected goal and they went to time wasting. 

We weren't at it today but if there is a blue print of how to beat us it was that today. As soon as they went 1-0 the tempo slowed down they went to a 2-4-4 'playing out' from the back which went to a 2-6-2 as their wingers came inside for the out ball. The outball was there then it was run at the modfield/defence. 

Fatawu looks dangerous.

I think in those situations it makes sense to play two strikers, we have to mix it up.

6 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

So, in reality, all but the three off target shots were 'threatening' - a goal bound shot that is blocked could be a brilliant shot, the fact that it is blocked means that a defender has been forced to make a defensive action, thus, he felt there was a threat.

Yes and no. Those shots were pretty much all close range blocks, so yes they were on target in the sense you are suggesting, but they never looked like going in at any point. They weren't "brilliant shots".

I appreciate my definition is slightly different to others, but for a shot to be a threat, it needs to actually trouble the goalkeeper. For example, if a keeper comfortably catches a shot with no diving or jumping required, I don't even really consider that a "threat". I mean if it's comfortable for the defenders and goalkeepers, can you really consider that a threat? Not for me.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

We hit the post, had 7 shots blocked and probably should have had at least one penalty - we caused them a shit load of problems  - maybe we 'didn't look like scoring' to you, but i felt we had a chance every time we got the ball - i'm still trying to comprehend how we haven't!  As the saying goes, on another day....

I thought we were pretty good today too. No reason for any despondency just one of those days

• Haha 1

Didn't deserve to lose, and probably didn't deserve to win.

Makes clear our limitations though, if they weren't already clear.

I'm still willing to trust the process, though.

The good thing about the champ is that games come thick and fast, allowing you a quick opportunity to bounce back from defeat - I hate international breaks!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

A half chance??? Free headers in the box aren't considered clear chances?? You sir have absoloutly no idea what you are talking about. And then you top it off by talking xg. 

Glancing headers from crosses are clear chances. Haha OK. I'm sure most strikers in this league would have converted both of them chances. We created shite all with our slow, passive play and got what we deserved. Nothing. But if some on here want to slate the strikers then fair enough 

4 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

They also caused us plenty of problems. And they actually scored.

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He absolutely wasn’t offside though. The defender passed it to him in front of the ref. Had it gone in I’m sure the ref and linesman would’ve consulted as to whether it came off the defender 

I know he wasn't offside but we don't have var and the ref had blown so as I said makes no odds at all 

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I know he wasn't offside but we don't have var and the ref had blown so as I said makes no odds at all 

The ref hadn’t blown. It does make odds because it was a legitimate chance and the offside could easily (and probably would given the position of the ref) have been overturned on discussion, used to happen all the time pre-var when the ref and lineman would go and discuss whether a goal should be allowed or not. There was no point discussing after it hadn’t gone in though. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

You're quoting stats mate, if you were there hardly anything got anyone out their seats. Maybe we're just really bad at finishing, I'd agree with that.  Maybe chances were there but we just couldn't make anything of them? What good are chances that end up wayward, blocked and the rest.... we were toothless today and deserved what we got. Nacho was a passenger, vardy no better. Let's hope this new teenager can add something up front. Today we were found out, we need to learn.  I would have liked to see changes at half time, that new winger was pretty dreadful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I thought we were pretty good today too. No reason for any despondency just one of those days

I like the optimism and totally agree there's no reason for despondency.  We'll come again and we'll refine and improve how we implement the system. 

That said, first half especially, we were honking at times today.  

First half was shocking no urgency or crisp passing

Second half I think we were much better. Would rather have subbed KDH instead of ndidi and possibly kept on mcateer who was our best player to that point. 

Final ball and bit of quality was definitely lacking all game so that's a worry

We will need to win more games than not with the away team camped like that. We need to find a way to break teams down or we will be looking at playoffs

Just now, Lillehamring said:

Come on, you know as well as I do the Fatawu effort and the Vardy header were the only real chances we had. And neither were good enough. For me Vardy HAS to score and Fatawu does well to craft an opening from nothing.

Can’t have the “7 shots blocked” either, they’ve not made last ditch, goal saving blocks on any occasion, they’re tame efforts they’ve easily cut out. Nacho wasn’t offside so as you say, “on another day”, I do agree with to an extent.. however - the positions we got ourselves in and the amount of the ball we enjoyed, 1 shot on target is nowhere near good enough. We’re creating opportunities, just not good ones. And this is a repeat of the rest of  performances thus far this season. Which is where it starts to become worrisome. We look very easy to defend against. We’re very predictable and teams are happy to organise and make us beat them while they sit in every man behind the ball. This will be the majority of our games this season also.

We look predictable and devoid of a creative spark to unlock a defence at the moment. Hopefully 2 weeks on the training ground will do us the world of good. 

42 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Deserved defeat.

Let’s be honest, we’ve not played very well yet this season.

Plenty of time still for us to click but feel like we are in a bit of a false position so far as Coventry are the only team we’ve played so far you’d expect to trouble the top half.

That’s clearly not true. We created lots of very good opportunities, hit the post and were unable to hit the target anywhere near enough. The major issue today was shocking finishing.