Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Come on, you know as well as I do the Fatawu effort and the Vardy header were the only real chances we had. And neither were good enough. For me Vardy HAS to score and Fatawu does well to craft an opening from nothing.

Can’t have the “7 shots blocked” either, they’ve not made last ditch, goal saving blocks on any occasion, they’re tame efforts they’ve easily cut out. Nacho wasn’t offside so as you say, “on another day”, I do agree with to an extent.. however - the positions we got ourselves in and the amount of the ball we enjoyed, 1 shot on target is nowhere near good enough. We’re creating opportunities, just not good ones. And this is a repeat of the rest of  performances thus far this season. Which is where it starts to become worrisome. We look very easy to defend against. We’re very predictable and teams are happy to organise and make us beat them while they sit in every man behind the ball. This will be the majority of our games this season also.

We look predictable and devoid of a creative spark to unlock a defence at the moment. Hopefully 2 weeks on the training ground will do us the world of good. 

I’d argue that KDH alone had 3 very clear opportunities. 2 screwed wide when he had all the time and space to hit the target and one scuffed straight to the keeper. Not to mention the Vardy and Casadei misses from very close in and Abdul smashing the post. 

I think it was one of them days. A complete fluke of a goal. Nothing dropped for us. Nothing went for us. We wouldn’t have scored with 10 mins of injury time. Scary that we seem to lack ideas when we get to the 18 yard box. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Come on, you know as well as I do the Fatawu effort and the Vardy header were the only real chances we had. And neither were good enough. For me Vardy HAS to score and Fatawu does well to craft an opening from nothing.

Can’t have the “7 shots blocked” either, they’ve not made last ditch, goal saving blocks on any occasion, they’re tame efforts they’ve easily cut out. Nacho wasn’t offside so as you say, “on another day”, I do agree with to an extent.. however - the positions we got ourselves in and the amount of the ball we enjoyed, 1 shot on target is nowhere near good enough. We’re creating opportunities, just not good ones. And this is a repeat of the rest of  performances thus far this season. Which is where it starts to become worrisome. We look very easy to defend against. We’re very predictable and teams are happy to organise and make us beat them while they sit in every man behind the ball. This will be the majority of our games this season also.

We look predictable and devoid of a creative spark to unlock a defence at the moment. Hopefully 2 weeks on the training ground will do us the world of good. 

The clearest chance was the one for KDH when he basically passed it straight to their keeper. 

KDH is a problem at the moment, because try as he might, he ain't cutting it.

We really could have done with another attacking midfielder in the window, one with more composure, and who can play with both feet, but it wasn't to be, so KDH it is for now.

• Like 2

Formation doesn’t seem like it working. The play is too slow the wingers don’t get the ball quick enough. Vestagaard needs to be dropped get Justin back in Doyle to cb and play 433 have Maca start on the right and Fatawu on the left. Need to make more diagonals runs and have over lapping wing backs. Ndidi and kdh are not good enough in that attacking roll. We can’t create anything clear cut with that formation that we’re playing. 

Hull fan summed it up, couldnt argue with him.

21 shots with only one on target and defense too lacking to absorb even a small amount of attacks without conceding.

We got the ball up the pitch fast, but lacking cutting edge play in the final third.

I am at odds with many posts though, we watched a different game?  The team was the most attack minded I seen them all season, just bad at executing it.

I understand Enzo is determined to play this formation that works for Man City but they have £70m players in each position. We’re arguably wasting Ricardo (who is better on the overlap running at defences) and Ndidi (who is a better ball winner) by playing them out of position, just to squeeze them in the side. 

When Enzo was appointed he said that he wants a plan B and that he wanted to overload the box. So far his plan B is to replace like for like in positions and we still don’t have enough players in the box to create real goal scoring opportunities (hence the long range efforts).

There’s a long way to go but I’m not sure this way of playing suits the players, I just hope somehow it clicks.

• Like 2

Hull fan here - good result for us but you’re clearly a very good team and you’ll go up automatic no problem - anyways, anyone know how I can purchase a Vardy/Coyle scarf that was being sold outside the ground? Seen a photo on twitter - It’s such a ridiculous scarf that it’s almost brilliant! Any help much appreciated

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I’d argue that KDH alone had 3 very clear opportunities. 2 screwed wide when he had all the time and space to hit the target and one scuffed straight to the keeper. Not to mention the Vardy and Casadei misses from very close in and Abdul smashing the post. 

Casedei from the start, Ndidi out. Fatawu looks a baller. Think we add those 2 we get the cutting edge. KDH needs to step up more

5 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The clearest chance was the one for KDH when he basically passed it straight to their keeper. 

KDH is a problem at the moment, because try as he might, he ain't cutting it.

We really could have done with another attacking midfielder in the window, one with more composure, and who can play with both feet, but it wasn't to be, so KDH it is for now.

Thought Kel should have scored first half tbh

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think it was one of them days. A complete fluke of a goal. Nothing dropped for us. Nothing went for us. We wouldn’t have scored with 10 mins of injury time. Scary that we seem to lack ideas when we get to the 18 yard box. 

We need Cannon to be ruthless on today's showing.

38 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

It's not though is it.

We've looked poor even when we have won, today's result is hardly a suprise. 

Players have absolutely no idea what they or they team mates are doing. There doesn't look like any game plan, any urgency or any structure. 

A few fancy passes, play it back to a defender because you don't dare play a forward ball or just take a shot from somewhere your never going to score from.

I've not seen a single good performance yet and unless this Enzo way of playing suddenly begins to work, there will be many more results like this to follow.

Anyway, besides maybe the new winger that came on, fancy giving me just 1 positive? Literally, just 1 will suffice?

You said it was worse than anything Rodgers served up. That's just wrong. If nothing else, because we had a game under Rodgers with an xG of zero. Today we had 21 shots and just lacked the finish.

Positives from today: Casadei looked mustard again when he came on, Mavididi is looking like an exciting player, McAteer showed he can play on either side and ran rings around their full back. We've got wingers! 

Still need time for the squad to settle, Doyle had an off day as did a few others, but that was far from Brendan Ball. It was a bad take.

12 minutes ago, Sunny0907 said:

Formation doesn’t seem like it working. The play is too slow the wingers don’t get the ball quick enough. Vestagaard needs to be dropped get Justin back in Doyle to cb and play 433 have Maca start on the right and Fatawu on the left. Need to make more diagonals runs and have over lapping wing backs. Ndidi and kdh are not good enough in that attacking roll. We can’t create anything clear cut with that formation that we’re playing. 

I don't disagree, but he ain't going to go 433, he believes in this system and style of football completely.

What he needs is players that are good enough to play it.

Currently everything is done so slowly, and there isn't enough movement, the players are static.

What is supposed to happen, is the players try to find pockets of space, and so the guy on the ball should have 2 or 3 passing options.

Our players are just standing alongside one of the opposing players most of the time, without trying to move away, which is why everything is so slow, and why our keeper is getting so frustrated.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1