Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

8 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The clearest chance was the one for KDH when he basically passed it straight to their keeper. 

KDH is a problem at the moment, because try as he might, he ain't cutting it.

We really could have done with another attacking midfielder in the window, one with more composure, and who can play with both feet, but it wasn't to be, so KDH it is for now.

Couldn’t agree more ref an AM. McAtee would have been immense but it didn’t happen. 

I’d start McAteer over KDH next time out with Casadei in for Wilf. Was impressive first half McAteer, unlucky to come off. I’d like to see him centrally in what he has said is his strongest position. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ryy said:

“People mustn't think we won't lose some games. This is football, not the Playsation."

Quite right, I'm glad that Enzo said that. I can accept that we lost, it's the performance in the final third that worries me (and I think is bothering others too):

17 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The major issue today was shocking finishing.  

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

Scary that we seem to lack ideas when we get to the 18 yard box. 

9 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

The clearest chance was the one for KDH when he basically passed it straight to their keeper. 

KDH is a problem at the moment, because try as he might, he ain't cutting it.

We really could have done with another attacking midfielder in the window, one with more composure, and who can play with both feet, but it wasn't to be, so KDH it is for now.

KDH is the problem. Many people calling for Cassadei to replace Ndidi, but I'd play them 2 over KDH at the moment. Poor decision making, little passes going awry etc

Doyle, for as good as he's been needs to take 1 or 2 touches less than he is doing. Kel needs to drop deeper when we have the ball in our own 3rd.

It's not the formation nor the system, it's the intelligence of the players on the park that let us down today.

• Like 1

It's funny how a defeat can change the mood. I saw the same from the last game to this. Just today, the opposition shut up shop efficiently.

The ref started well, with two correct bookings, then fell apart. Fouls given were laughable, he lost control. Was he from North West Sunday league? It wasn't the deciding factor but it was a joke and one for the club to complain to the fa about! We are all told about time wasting will be added on...then 3 minutes. It doesn't even cover the subs let alone the 'head injury'/goal kicks etc...he booked someone for time wasting. Where is the consistency??

We move on. You learn more in defeat than in a flukey win. We can't paint over the cracks with that one. 2 weeks to analyse and sort it out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Hull fan summed it up, couldnt argue with him.

21 shots with only one on target and defense too lacking to absorb even a small amount of attacks without conceding.

We got the ball up the pitch fast, but lacking cutting edge play in the final third.

I am at odds with many posts though, we watched a different game?  The team was the most attack minded I seen them all season, just bad at executing it.

No, I am with you. I thought we looked our most balanced at times today than any of the other five league games. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I’d argue that KDH alone had 3 very clear opportunities. 2 screwed wide when he had all the time and space to hit the target and one scuffed straight to the keeper. Not to mention the Vardy and Casadei misses from very close in and Abdul smashing the post. 

20 yards out you’ve a lot of work to do to beat the keeper, hard to call them “clear cut chances”. Don’t dispute he’s got to at least work the keeper from each, and certainly test him more on the one you rightly mention he scuffed. 

Vardy has to score IMO. Meat and Drink for the man in the past. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Couldn’t agree more ref an AM. McAtee would have been immense but it didn’t happen. 

I’d start McAteer over KDH next time out with Casadei in for Wilf. Was impressive first half McAteer, unlucky to come off. I’d like to see him centrally in what he has said is his strongest position. 

Yes, McAteer moved into KDH position is a good shout, and definitely worth looking at.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Not short enough to erase that dross. 

Let's not pretend we've looked any good af any part of this season so far.

If your counterpoint is as extreme and binary as “we’ve not looked good for any part of this season” then I’m not sure it’s worth having a conversation with you. 

Just now, James_lcfc said:

Our two ‘high 8’s’ are terrible at the role we need them to play.

It was Ndidi who got hooked today, but it could just have easily been KDH. Enzo probably flipped a coin.

There ain’t a good 8 in there if you morphed both of them together at the minute. 

We played well today. 

Hull barely threatened and were fortunate to score an early goal and then defend for the rest of the match. 

We created enough good opportunities to have come away with the 3 points however the execution was poor from several players. 

We could of played for 180 minutes and not scored today. It was just one of those days. 

I do fear that in future matches teams will look to expose Doyle. It is concerning how easy it is to get past him in 1v1's. 

All in all i'm happy with the way things are progressing under Maresca. We will suffer results like todays but we will also wipe the floor with some sides. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

KDH is the problem. Many people calling for Cassadei to replace Ndidi, but I'd play them 2 over KDH at the moment. Poor decision making, little passes going awry etc

Doyle, for as good as he's been needs to take 1 or 2 touches less than he is doing. Kel needs to drop deeper when we have the ball in our own 3rd.

It's not the formation nor the system, it's the intelligence of the players on the park that let us down today.

Completely agree. 👍

This post needs pinning or putting in the forum header… 

Maresca says there is 'no drama' that #LCFC lost for the first time this season. "If you had said we would win 6 and lose one, I would take that. People mustn't think we won't lose some games. This is football, not the Playsation."

The amount of people moaning is embarrassing. 

I was sat near a guy that moaned all game…  passing, long ball, everything moaning. Couple in front of me left at half time!!!

• Like 1

Just now, CaliFOXnia said:

20 yards out you’ve a lot of work to do to beat the keeper, hard to call them “clear cut chances”. Don’t dispute he’s got to at least work the keeper from each, and certainly test him more on the one you rightly mention he scuffed. 

Vardy has to score IMO. Meat and Drink for the man in the past. 

KDH had no defenders in front of him, for a professional footballer with lots of free space they were bad misses and then when he was inside the box, to powderpuff a scuffer straight at their keeper (with Mavidid free and unmarked to his left btw) was so frustrating. 

Agree with the Vardy one. 

3 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Our two ‘high 8’s’ are terrible at the role we need them to play.

It was Ndidi who got hooked today, but it could just have easily been KDH. Enzo probably flipped a coin.

This is so true. Also because of that, the opposition literally go from defense to attack within seconds as they just walk through the none existent midfield 

One win or one loss don’t make or break the season. However, that was coming and those refusing to accept everything was not perfect despite the wins are wrong.

Defence is just poor, I’ve said this before today.

Midfield is short on numbers and cover as well as being open and not protecting the defence. 

Going forward there is little quality. No goals from strikers yet. A lot rides on Cannon.

I’m just far from convinced at this ‘system’ and whether it can work in this league.

However, Norwich lost to a side we beat last week, Southampton got hammered, Leeds were held at home to an awful Sheff Weds side so unpredictable day all round. 

We do need to massively improve and we will need to invest in January if we can stay in the race until then.

55 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Completely get what you're saying. However, these are our shots, with the only one on target/requiring a save this one from KDH...straight down the middle.

Screenshot_20230902-171303.thumb.png.5a8ad9a76d79f4dfcca91192a5c7d47f.png

That doesn't fill me with confidence that we're creating anything threatening.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm sure we'll get better, I just don't know how long that's going to take. We need to be far more creative, and clinical.

From what you are showing me 7-8 of them look inside the box and central, I haven't seen the play as I say, but it looks good enough to create at least a further 3 or 4 shots on target, an at least 1 goal.