Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

10 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

It's funny how a defeat can change the mood. I saw the same from the last game to this. Just today, the opposition shut up shop efficiently.

The ref started well, with two correct bookings, then fell apart. Fouls given were laughable, he lost control. Was he from North West Sunday league? It wasn't the deciding factor but it was a joke and one for the club to complain to the fa about! We are all told about time wasting will be added on...then 3 minutes. It doesn't even cover the subs let alone the 'head injury'/goal kicks etc...he booked someone for time wasting. Where is the consistency??

We move on. You learn more in defeat than in a flukey win. We can't paint over the cracks with that one. 2 weeks to analyse and sort it out. 

The whole idea of adding on the proper amount of stoppage time was to make teams employing the dark arts, that wasted so much time, stop doing it because they knew it was pointless.

Hull were at it from the moment they scored, I actually didn't think he played enough stoppage time in the first half either.

It is because of referees like today, who let teams get away with the dark arts, that teams like Hull will continue to do it.

That said, we only have ourselves to blame for todays loss, we just wasn't good enough on the day.

Edited by smudger63

Just shows how we really need to improve at the goal scoring end at the pitch. Midfielders can't keep scoring forever, and the strikers need to step up.

To have that many shots with so few on target is absolutely criminal. Hope Enzo gets them on shooting practice before the next game.

It's not really the conceding that's the problem, it's the lack of goals.

16 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I don't disagree, but he ain't going to go 433, he believes in this system and style of football completely.

What he needs is players that are good enough to play it.

Currently everything is done so slowly, and there isn't enough movement, the players are static.

What is supposed to happen, is the players try to find pockets of space, and so the guy on the ball should have 2 or 3 passing options.

Our players are just standing alongside one of the opposing players most of the time, without trying to move away, which is why everything is so slow, and why our keeper is getting so frustrated.

I think he’s tryna implement that 3rd runner from midfield like Man City do but we don’t have the quality. I know he won’t change it but we could have easily won that game if he had played a different formation. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Dark day for the club with Forest winning away at Stamford Bridge. Incredible that we've completely surrendered the best part of 10 years advantage in less than 2.

Just goes to show what showing a little bit of ambition can do, they've shown more in 13 months than we did in 8-9 years of being up.

????????

My thoughts on the match. 

The system we are playing is asking a lot of our central defenders (The offensive shift Faes and Doyle put in was immense ). 

Winks has to realise he’s going to be a marked man in many games this season and adapt accordingly. 

Ndidi needs to be benched. In this league Casadei is a Rolls Royce of a player and needs to start.

I’m not sure what role Iheanacho is expected to play in this system. I presume he was supposed to be was a false nine. If so, he needs to improve quickly. 

overall, it was just one of those matches. Hull were well organised, scored a goal and defended. I think we will be around the top of the league at the end of the season. 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Dark day for the club with Forest winning away at Stamford Bridge. Incredible that we've completely surrendered the best part of 10 years advantage in less than 2.

Just goes to show what showing a little bit of ambition can do, they've shown more in 13 months than we did in 8-9 years of being up.

I mean we were a shambles today and haven’t been great this season , luck ran out need to be a lot lot better than that. However this comment is mental. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

From what you are showing me 7-8 of them look inside the box and central, I haven't seen the play as I say, but it looks good enough to create at least a further 3 or 4 shots on target, an at least 1 goal.

11 shots in the box, 6 blocked at close range, 3 off target, one hit the post and the other was the central one saved.

2 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

My thoughts on the match. 

The system we are playing is asking a lot of our central defenders (The offensive shift Faes and Doyle put in was immense ). 

Winks has to realise he’s going to be a marked man in many games this season and adapt accordingly. 

Ndidi needs to be benched. In this league Casadei is a Rolls Royce of a player and needs to start.

I’m not sure what role Iheanacho is expected to play in this system. I presume he was supposed to be was a false nine. If so, he needs to improve quickly. 

overall, it was just one of those matches. Hill were well organised and scored a goal and defended. I see think we will be around the top of the league at the end of the season. 

Start the lad from Lisbon, Casadei and Justin for jannick imo 

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes

So, just got back...

Overall we were probably unlucky to lose though it would also be fair to say I'm not sure we did enough to win as we can't hit the target.

Our system seems designed to produce 1 on 1 opportunities for wingers yet only half our wingers attempt to beat their man.

Thought McAteer was lively first half and looked to have the beating of his man. Think he was unlucky to get hooked, and mavididi again didn't really do much.

The Turkish lad was the worst player on the pitch. Looked lost tbh. His replacement - the new guy from the last day or two - was excellent and looks like he'll be a lot of fun to watch.

We're too slow with the ball, we want to walk it into the net. This system doesn't work as well with ndidi and KDH as with Bernardo and KDB. 

We dominated possession again, thought we started really well first ten minutes, then it all got too slow, then last 20 we had them under pressure.

Hard to know what to say to sum all that up really.

I think we might need to push Winks forward to be honest, we looked better when he was higher up the pitch.

Alternatively, play Iheanacho as a 10 and Vardy/Cannon beyond him.

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Doyle

Ricardo Ndidi

Yasun Winks KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho

or

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Doyle

Ricardo Winks

Yasun KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho Vardy

Think we need more creativity in the final third.

Edited by Bryn

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

FKetHpc.png

Didn't deserve to lose that one, but most certainly did not deserve to win it either.

The dropped points were coming. Though we won all our games so prior to this one, we got away with too many lucky wins. This time round we are probably unlucky to lose, but these things even themselves out over the course of the season.

We weren't creative enough today, but we also saw lots of sloppy passes or moments throughout the match.

I've always said that the first 10 games were going to be rough, and expected something a bit like this performance. We are bedding in so many new players, it's going to take time to build up the fluency. Personally, I think we will still see us flatter to deceive until about game 15 or so, it really does that that much time to get things right at minimum with system based tactics.

Hang on, Xg is bad enough but what the **** is a expected assist? 

I'm dont get it. 

Anyway, performance that I guess Enzo will be pleased with but the fans not so. 

All cock and no balls, why do we procrastinate with the ball when there is an attacking easy ball on, like we can't shoot until we get at least 50 passes in 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

They were shite last season, their football stunk the league out, but they got away with it, because of the total ineptitude of others, us included.

Of course in those 8-9 years you talk of, we won the league, made the quarter final of the champions league, won the  FA Cup, made a league cup semi, and a euro conference semi and finished 5th twice in the league.

We didn't do too bad to be fair, and I highly doubt they will achieve any of those things before their next relegation.

• Like 4

Today was a reality check. Hull got their goal and then defended well. Disappointing we weren't able to break them down. There was not enough creativity and quality in the final third. When Fatawu came on he changed the game and the effort which hit the post was unlucky. Apart from that we never looked like scoring really, the play was too predictable.  21 shots and only 1 on target says it all. The only thing I'll say is it's a young team and patience is needed. The championship is a tough league. We can't expect to win every single week. We need to reset and come back stronger after the international break.

Hull were smart, they didn’t do much other than keep it compact so they didn’t wear themselves out chasing us around the park. Enzo Ball is all about keeping possession and wearing out the opposition but he’ll need a Plan B when other teams sit back and don’t take the bait. 

25 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

If your counterpoint is as extreme and binary as “we’ve not looked good for any part of this season” then I’m not sure it’s worth having a conversation with you. 

You genuinely think we have?

Oh dear, your in for a shock over the next few weeks.

This result wasn't a shock, the real shock was how we've managed to take so many points thus far.

Edited by adejo92

3 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I think we might need to push Winks forward to be honest, we looked better when he was higher up the pitch.

Alternatively, play Iheanacho as a 10 and Vardy/Cannon beyond him.

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Doyle

Ricardo Ndidi

Yasun Winks KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho

or

Hermansen

Faes Vestergaard Doyle

Ricardo Winks

Yasun KDH Mavididi

Iheanacho Vardy

Think we need more creativity in the final third.

I think the drawback in both of those teams is that you have KDH in them, and he is a big part of our problem when it comes to quality and creativity.

After relegation, new manager new players new system, I’d of snapped your hand off with 12 points from the first 5 games. 2 weeks on the training ground to get the system across even more (granted some are off on internationals). We see where we are end of September performance and league table wise will be a truer reflection of where we are at then.