Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Hang on, Xg is bad enough but what the **** is a expected assist? 

I'm dont get it. 

Anyway, performance that I guess Enzo will be pleased with but the fans not so. 

All cock and no balls, why do we procrastinate with the ball when there is an attacking easy ball on, like we can't shoot until we get at least 50 passes in 

You'd think they'd be the same thing.  If it's not expected to be a goal, then surely it's not expected to be an assist! Pointless

• Like 1

The difference between today and everyone else we've played? They looked fitter than everyone else we've played.

I've been impressed with how we've played so far up until today, whether some have been people have been critical or not.

But if our tactic is tire people out and simply push them over when they've punched themselves out ala Homer Simpson, it's another thing to add to the list of concerns.

Image result for homer simpson boxing gif

17 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Dark day for the club with Forest winning away at Stamford Bridge. Incredible that we've completely surrendered the best part of 10 years advantage in less than 2.

Just goes to show what showing a little bit of ambition can do, they've shown more in 13 months than we did in 8-9 years of being up.

Why you obsessed with some other club?

Ambition? the boss when we went up said he wanted CL football within a few years, he delivered a title and the CL football within 2 years.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

My thoughts on the match. 

The system we are playing is asking a lot of our central defenders (The offensive shift Faes and Doyle put in was immense ). 

Winks has to realise he’s going to be a marked man in many games this season and adapt accordingly. 

Ndidi needs to be benched. In this league Casadei is a Rolls Royce of a player and needs to start.

I’m not sure what role Iheanacho is expected to play in this system. I presume he was supposed to be was a false nine. If so, he needs to improve quickly. 

overall, it was just one of those matches. Hull were well organised, scored a goal and defended. I think we will be around the top of the league at the end of the season. 

Agreed, I thought Hull were well drilled defensively and hit the space behind our full-backs as their form of attack. It is how teams used to bet Man City away, before they signed Haaland.

Iheanacho is not deft enough on the ball to be a really good false 9. More than anything what we lack is a good deliverer of set-pieces, because with this level of possession we win lots of free-kicks and corners, but we appear to have nobody to put in threatening balls. It's a basic of the game and would make such a difference when teams set up to defend so deep against us.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Dark day for the club with Forest winning away at Stamford Bridge. Incredible that we've completely surrendered the best part of 10 years advantage in less than 2.

Just goes to show what showing a little bit of ambition can do, they've shown more in 13 months than we did in 8-9 years of being up.

That's it, I'm done for the day

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So……

It wasn’t that bad…

One moment of poor defending cost us, and we had a poor day in front of goal. 

Some of the football was actually really nice, we just lacked in the final third.

Few things to consider…..

Ndidi has to be dropped, he can’t play that high 8 role, he may be good at winning possession back, but he has zero creative threat….

Defensively I think we will improve when Coady comes back, it’s leadership that we are lacking at the back, and that should help us going forward. 

Kalechi is looking pretty poor so far, he’s really got to pick his game up big time….

No time to panic yet, today was disappointing…. Hull we’re not anything special,  but they defended well, got a lucky goal, and really played the referee like a fiddle. 

Two weeks to get over it and move on. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Matt said:

The difference between today and everyone else we've played? They looked fitter than everyone else we've played.

I've been impressed with how we've played so far up until today, whether some have been people have been critical or not.

But if our tactic is tire people out and simply push them over when they've punched themselves out ala Homer Simpson, it's another thing to add to the list of concerns.

Image result for homer simpson boxing gif

I agree in that I also think we've played well this season but I also think we played well today. Just unbelievably wasteful. Some times you just have games you could play all week and not score, today was one of those. We play that game 10 times I think we win it 9 :dunno:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Such as winning the league, cup, community shield, playing regularly in Europe. I think you need to go for a lie down and have a word with yourself. Fool 

11 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

You'd think they'd be the same thing.  If it's not expected to be a goal, then surely it's not expected to be an assist! Pointless

There are some chances that don't involve being passed the ball by a teammate though aren't there? If you win the ball off a defender and then shoot there's not going to be an assist nor an expected assist

22 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

11 shots in the box, 6 blocked at close range, 3 off target, one hit the post and the other was the central one saved.

I've seen a 8 minute highlights clip, and it seems that no 10 type player is needed. 2 KDH shots from outside the box wide, a wild Faes Effort from outside the box, a Winks Effort from outside the box, a Ricardo Effort from outside the box and a close Casadei chance. Hopefully Casadei can be that player as if teams will give us the ball there, we need one of two options 1) improve our shooting or 2) find those cute passes to get better opportunities further inside the box.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

Dead balls and individual efforts.

xA tells you how good your build up play was - it's about quality of passing leading up to your shots

3 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Agreed, I thought Hull were well drilled defensively and hit the space behind our full-backs as their form of attack. It is how teams used to bet Man City away, before they signed Haaland.

Iheanacho is not deft enough on the ball to be a really good false 9. More than anything what we lack is a good deliverer of set-pieces, because with this level of possession we win lots of free-kicks and corners, but we appear to have nobody to put in threatening balls. It's a basic of the game and would make such a difference when teams set up to defend so deep against us.

KDH was poor today with the set pieces, not convinced by McAteers either.

We really missed Maddison today.

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

I’d been saying there are no goals in this team but I don’t think the style of play encourages chances at all.

We actually created lots of chances, a lack of composure is what did our legs today. When we get going, we will score plenty of goals. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I don't wish to be rude, but are you on crack?

In those 9 years, we won the Premier League, FA Cup and played in Europe multiple times with some of the best football in the club's history.

I absolutely guarantee you that Notts Forest will not be able to say half of that in nine years' time. They'll most likely be long back down by then.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Gutless, nothing in attack, hopeless refereeing against a team who offered nothing. Welcome back to the championship. 

And yet many on FT were desperate to see the likes of Daka, Soumare, Thomas and the likes go. They think we are too good for them - yet we are in the Championship while the players were all linked or gone to top leagues.

What pisses me off is how we move the ball from goalkeeper to a defender, we will come a cropper sooner than later u see , strolling it out like we’re Man City , also we should be getting at teams giving it to them, everyone we’ve played so far have been in the championship for years whereas bar a few of our big players that have departed we are still ( in my opinion) a premiership side . Long season ahead I know & as much as I’d love city to win the league I’d love us to go up in third via the playoffs so we inherit £150m so we can blow the lot on players for the premiership/ from what I’ve seen so far ( in my opinion) I’d say we’ve got no more than 3 players who are of that quality anyway. 

Not long back, and this has probably already been said,  but the first 45 was beyond woeful. It was like Rodgers hadn’t left. Insipid, pointless passing with absolutely no intentionality beyond a couple of moments from McAteer. Second half was better. Many won’t agree, but I’m not convinced what Ricky offers in midfield. I’d play N’Didi there to allow Casedei to start. AFI and Mavididi looked best wide options by a country mile. 

• Like 1