Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I don't wish to be rude, but are you on crack?

In those 9 years, we won the Premier League, FA Cup and played in Europe multiple times with some of the best football in the club's history.

I absolutely guarantee you that Notts Forest will not be able to say half of that in nine years' time. They'll most likely be long back down by then.

I think he meant that despite the massive advantage we had, which as you say we had after building a club widely respected with PL win, FA Cup, two 5th place finishes, etc, we threw that all away in the space of 18 months with us playing in the Championship while Forest won in the PL.

5 minutes ago, Big Blue Maff said:

What pisses me off is how we move the ball from goalkeeper to a defender, we will come a cropper. 

It's the long ball down the middle to feet, from the keeper to the CB with his back to the striker. That one gives me chills. Asking to be mugged.

Thought Ricardo had an uncharacteristically poor day, which is poison to this system. Still didn't deserve to lose, but we're hardly piling on the xG in any game so far. Hoping we have a settled squad now so can start to really get clicking.

Potentially by the time we travel to Saints we could be looking at:

Hermansen

Ricardo Faes Coady Doyle

Winks 

Casadei KDH

Fatawu Nacho Mavididi

Don't mind the shout of McAtee for KDH too. Interested to see how we do against a team who will come at us more.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom12345 said:

I think he meant that despite the massive advantage we had, which as you say we had after building a club widely respected with PL win, FA Cup, two 5th place finishes, etc, we threw that all away in the space of 18 months with us playing in the Championship while Forest won in the PL.

But the idea that we didn't show half the ambition that Forest have is laughable. Vichai was widely mocked when he said he wanted us in the top five in three years. We did it in two.

Forest's ambition is midtable with the odd cup run and are building a team that will, at best, achieve that. No chance of them emulating what we've done since winning the league, let alone actually doing it.

• Like 1

Hull were bang ordinary but well organised defensively. There will be plenty of other sides doing the same thing by man marking Winks and Ricardo , disrupt the build up and wait  for us to make an error. It's how Enzo and the team react to this that will be interesting. Can't remember their keeper even getting his knees dirty so anyone dressing this result up other than a piss poor performance, attacking wise, is kidding themselves.  

Wow that was as annoying a game as I can ever remember attending. And I was here through the Gary Megson era.

3 mins at the end was the most inept downright corrupt thing I've seen in a long while. I was genuinely amazed, I was thinking we would have around 8 minutes. 

It's ok folks, it's just a lesson. Score a spawny deflected goal, pull all 11 back, Tim waste the whole second half and none of it will be added on. Welcome to the shithouse championship. Oh and most of their fans are fooking c words

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Bilo said:

But the idea that we didn't show half the ambition that Forest have is laughable. Vichai was widely mocked when he said he wanted us in the top five in three years. We did it in two.

Forest's ambition is midtable with the odd cup run and are building a team that will, at best, achieve that. No chance of them emulating what we've done since winning the league, let alone actually doing it.

Ambition and achievement aren't the same thing though.

7 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Thought Ricardo had an uncharacteristically poor day, which is poison to this system. Still didn't deserve to lose, but we're hardly piling on the xG in any game so far. Hoping we have a settled squad now so can start to really get clicking.

Potentially by the time we travel to Saints we could be looking at:

Hermansen

Ricardo Faes Coady Doyle

Winks 

Casadei KDH

Fatawu Nacho Mavididi

Don't mind the shout of McAtee for KDH too. Interested to see how we do against a team who will come at us more.

KDH has to improve and quickly, Mavididi has no end product. I'd like to see Fatawu on the left after his cameo and McAteer on the right who was taken off too early today. Would love to see Justin get a game too surely he's due.

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

KDH has to improve and quickly, Mavididi has no end product. I'd like to see Fatawu on the left after his cameo and McAteer on the right who was taken off too early today. Would love to see Justin get a game too surely he's due.

I think we've finally got good wide options now. I don't have a major preference on the left, but really would like to see Fatawu start.

Justin maybe got a claim for playing the Doyle role after today's performance.