Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

18 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Thought Ricardo had an uncharacteristically poor day, which is poison to this system. Still didn't deserve to lose, but we're hardly piling on the xG in any game so far. Hoping we have a settled squad now so can start to really get clicking.

Potentially by the time we travel to Saints we could be looking at:

Hermansen

Ricardo Faes Coady Doyle

Winks 

Casadei KDH

Fatawu Nacho Mavididi

Don't mind the shout of McAtee for KDH too. Interested to see how we do against a team who will come at us more.

Ricardo seems completely wasted in this system. Doesn't really do anything. Doesn't get forward and never seems to be comfortable when he's near the ball.

We seem to have over complicated things with the tactics.

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

When Abdul cut in and hit it with his left, it could have taken a deflection like Delaps did and gone in, fine margins.

Not sure we deserved to lose, but pretty sure we didn’t deserve to win

Problem is, they didn’t deserve to win either

Edited by phoneticerror

6 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

What worries me is how obvious it was this was coming and we haven't started to find that so-called next gear. 

I'm not sure we have gears, Maresca seems to have one way of playing and that's it. He's told them to stick to the process etc no matter what. Even after going behind nothing changed, we played the same passes inside, goalkeeper was in no rush to start moves, gained free kicks and just passed back to defence to start again. The only player who really excited today and tried to force the issue was Fatawu, I suspect as he's not had time to be coached into this methodical system yet.

• Like 2

Trying to find a positive out the situation... it's probably good to get the loss before the international break.

Gives us a chance to bed in the new players, work on the shape tactics and use it as good motivation that we aren't going to walk the league. We're 3rd now and can go backwards unless we sort ourselves out and take advantage of our domination during games.

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I'm not sure we have gears, Maresca seems to have one way of playing and that's it. He's told them to stick to the process etc no matter what. Even after going behind nothing changed, we played the same passes inside, goalkeeper was in no rush to start moves, gained free kicks and just passed back to defence to start again. The only player who really excited today and tried to force the issue was Fatawu, I suspect as he's not had time to be coached into this methodical system yet.

Disagree with that, the wingers are the two players who have more license to be cavalier. Yunus was turning back all the time, that’s why he put Fatawu on. This is also the most direct we’ve seen McAteer so far, he really drove at their defence. He wanted players who are good 1v1. Why? To beat them and cause the defensive block to shift. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sbfox said:

Bedwetters, this way. 

Did anyone actually believe we'd go the season unbeaten? Spoiler alert lads, we're going to lose at least one more this season. 

Looking forward to the 'tippy tappy' comments soon. This is actually more entertaining than when we win.

This forum is always way more active after a loss than a win.

People come here to vent and whine. It is understandable I suppose even if it is boring to read.

Two weeks to work with the squad now. No excuses not to at least put in a spirited performance.

George Elek is going to be unbearable. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I really don't think we've signed a maverick like Fatawu to coach the crazy out of him.  There is room, and indeed probably must be room, for disrupters like Fatawu in this system.  Particularly when teams are sitting back, we need wide players that are able to do the unpredictable, beat a man, terrorise a defender, drag an extra man to him to create more space in the middle. 

I think that's exactly why we've got him in.  Hopefully the only thing Maresca will seek to do is improve his decision making with regards end product.  Shoot by all means if the shot is on, but at times a pass, cross etc may be the best option for that very final ball.  Once he's beaten three men 😄

If we coach out his willingness to beat his man then we have utterly wasted his talents on today's evidence.  

Edited by Bordersfox

When we attacked with pace and purpose, especially towards the end with Fatawu turning them inside out, we created numerous chances, really worked their defence (hence the time wasting) and were unlucky not to score.

When we circulated the ball at snail’s pace, Rodgers-style, with very little forward momentum or incision in the first half, we created next to nothing (not one shot on target) and deserved nothing.

It ain’t rocket science. Just speed it up!

it was a performance where we were lacking creativity in middle, Nacho wasn't great, KDH was way off again, Kacey was excellent and our best outlet 1st half, Akgun played a very strange role, like he was told not to go too far forward. The starting 11 first half were not our bestt 11, second half nothing changed until he made the changes, Casadei is on a different level and i don't know why he's not starting, and fatawu looks such a good player, looks by far our best prospect for the season. Winks was all over the place again and did a cracking job. It felt like a pre season game today with a very poor referee, where the hell did they get 3 minutes added time from? it's a slip up, but we have some very good players.

Positives

Passing seems to be improving 

creating lots of chances 

defending seems a little better 

press looks better organised 

decent work effort developing in team 

negatives 

very slow in transition 

very poor conversion of chances 

lack a bit of quality in hole to unlock teams 

Still pass backwards a bit (possession of sake of possession) 

lack bravery going forward 

• Like 3

What worries me is Enzo seems to play Dewsbury Hall and N'didi together and neither look after the ball that well in crucial positions in the team. Also neither of them are very creative especially N'didi. Trouble is apart from Casadei who else do we play in these positions.