Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Got to remember that apart from KDH and Faes(with ndidi and kel being in and out) this is essentially a brand new starting 11. Its not going to perfectly gel even 10/15 games in and we will see these performances 

Exactly this.

Today was a blip. I don’t think we played particularly badly, we just couldn’t hit a barn door.

Hopefully the new striker will help in that respect.

The Championship is a tough division that always chucks out some surprising results. Eg Sunderland spanking Southampton 5 naught today. 
I think it’s gonna be a crazy ride this season cos the general level of the teams in the division this season is much better than it was last.

But we are moving in the right direction.

Was poor really, as we have been all season despite the wins.

How many shots on target have we had across the 5 games? 

We have to hope the evangelist football hipsters among us are right, and it will all improve once they’ve played together for a bit longer.

If not, we’re ****ed really. We’re no threat from set pieces or on the counter-attack. Where are the goals? 

This league is going to throw out some crazy results every now and then no one seen Sunderland beating Southampton 5-0 and and I don’t know much about how good Plymouth are but didn’t see them beating Blackburn. We are going to lose or draw games we probably shouldn’t just need to make sure we bounce back next game. Enzo has some time now with every one including coady hopefully now the international break is here to get things the way he wants it’s not going to be a quick fix after the last few years and the amount of new players in. Shit result but it could be a lot worse 

• Like 1

Not the best afternoon. Caused enough trouble second half to get something, but Hull probably deserved it for their overall approach - minus the time wasting and bookings! How only 3 minutes went up at the end, I’ll never understand! Added to that, the hour and ten minute wait to get off the roof of Highcross car park did not help improve the afternoon 🙈

The recurring theme so far is that it’s too slow. We need to move the ball quicker for this to work, otherwise it’s too predictable. The centre forward hasn’t been carrying much of a threat. It still feels to me that the likes of Faes and Vestergaard feel they are above this level, and take more chances than necessary. I’d like to see Doyle come inside and JJ get a go instead of Vestergaard. Enzo has made a fantastic start, but there’s definitely lots of work still to be done. Hopefully with time, and the faster passing will come as the squad gels more

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 2

Was very keep ball and little go and win today. 

Many around me were saying Brendan ball was back. From a goal kick we made about 15 passes and hadn't even left the edge of our own box, then we kick it out of play. I'm all for fast play, and getting through the oppo, but if we are going to be kicking it out if play anyway, why not go long from the goal kick? 

Over playing for the sake of it. 

15 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Was very keep ball and little go and win today. 

Many around me were saying Brendan ball was back. From a goal kick we made about 15 passes and hadn't even left the edge of our own box, then we kick it out of play. I'm all for fast play, and getting through the oppo, but if we are going to be kicking it out if play anyway, why not go long from the goal kick? 

Over playing for the sake of it. 

100% to slow on the ball, to many touches, no movement, everytime Ricardo got the ball he passed it back.. won't get anywhere like that

• Like 1

We do need to remain calm. 

The performance although not great was not that bad……  the chances we did created if we had taken them it could have been 3-1 fairly comfortably…….. 

Defensively we were not as bad as I thought we would be today, just one mistake cost us badly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Bollox. It was aimed at the officials. 

I know, I know… I’ve printed a full retraction. I will refrain from such rapid opinions in the future.

I am sorry for any hurt I’ve caused. :blush:

• Like 1

Just now, Phube said:

I know, I know… I’ve printed a full retraction. I will refrain from such rapid opinions in the future.

I am sorry for any hurt I’ve caused. :blush:

S'ok, I've only just got home and in a foul mood. I'll avoid socials til some other time. Cheers :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm not getting onto the manager or players backs after such a short time.  Its a new team, new tactics and structure. They will lose some but they have won 6 and lost 1. Great time for a break, they can gel together on the training pitch and work with Enzo.  Some of you need to give them chance to settle, some have only just signed!

They have 12 points on the board which i'm sure we all would of grabbed before the season started.  

Lets trust the process!

Hey, with all the changes (manager, tactics,  personnel) I thought we'd have a slow start to the season. I certainly didn't think we'd have 12 points after the first 4 (5) games.

This is the Championship. It will kick you in the balls when you start to get above your station. 

Cliche alert, but let's look at this as a wake up call. We ain't gonna win every game and when he lose we need to learn from.it.

International break, time to work on things on the training ground, properly integrate the new players etc etc.

We'll be fine. No need to panic.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MancFox24 said:

Agree that some will go over the top. But it's ok to point out genuine concerns with the system. We've basically seen the same performance 5 times now and my biggest issue is the fact that there's no changes to the system if we are getting frustrated. The subs are all like for like and if teams work out how to play against us, I can see a few more results like that this season

There's voicing genuine concerns and there's 'we are shit' 'maresca is shit' - it's almost joyous the delight some people have that finally they can bitch and moan because we didn't win  - and the worst thing is, as with every other game, we played some really good football today.

And having 'issues' five games into a manager's tenure, with an almost entirely new squad is ridiculous - it's been well documented how long it has taken some incredible managers with incredible teams to reach their potential, and we're whining and complaining for things that they probably haven't even had time to work on yet.

Not you, specifically, but i've said before how entitled some of our fans have become, and i hoped that, if notting else, relegation would give them a wake up call, but, no, some of them are worse than ever.

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

There wasn’t so many bodies in this instance though, there was one, even the keeper was beat. It was an awful miss  

I'm talking generally, they parked the bus, especially after the goal - look how far up the field our to wide CBs were playing - this was as congested as it gets.

hdrzhd.jpg