Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

For me, I don’t understand why wilf is being played in an attacking role whilst we’ve got one of Chelsea’s brightest prospects on the bench still.

We all know wilf is a DM & not an attacking forward, it’s never worked & never will, god knows what’s up with KDH at the minute, lad any plays balls knee high.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lgfualol said:

What a reality check, right before the break as well. 

We just cant create good chances which is embarrassing for such a strong squad. Players like Nacho and KDH are really playing awfully, when they should be two of the best in the league.

I believe Nacho should keep away from the Wings & stay more often central,so they the wingers have a target...

95% of the time he should be in that target space and not on the fringe.

He is not a Vardy...

KDH, I reckon he plays often ok,but drifts for long spells out of the game,where he should be driving it.

Maybe with Castadei and both starting he might become more assertive in his 90minute game.

Plus if our back players are not releasing the ball quick enough,the flow of movement for him & his partner is easily blocked.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jbflcfc said:

For me, I don’t understand why wilf is being played in an attacking role whilst we’ve got one of Chelsea’s brightest prospects on the bench still.

We all know wilf is a DM & not an attacking forward, it’s never worked & never will, god knows what’s up with KDH at the minute, lad any plays balls knee high.

Very clear he's in the team to win the ball high up and force turn overs in the opposing defensive third, which makes the lack of pressing while they were playing between keeper and centre backs even more frustrating 

• Like 2

Hull have some good players and those players punished us. I want us to be more brave on the ball and quicker with our passing. We need to , it wasn’t good enough yesterday despite the possession. We hardly tested their goalkeeper.

I think the international break has come at the right time for us, to work on the system and also show more flexibility going forwards, namely trying to shift to a 3-5-2 when we cannot break teams down.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

hopefully next game Coady will be back, and casadei etc will get in

hopefully against Southampton we'll start like this
Hermansen

Ricky P

Coady 

Faes

Doyle

Winks

KDH

Casadei

Fazzy

Cannon

Mcateer

Well I would still  start with..

Mcateer..&

Cannon,  Fatawu needed 1 day

Mr Ball has 2 weeks

Ndidi, Nacho, now like to see what the youngsters do..

Time after the break to release the

Fearless Young dogs of war.

Mavididi at present I see him has a very strong first Sub.

And if we first sub Cannon..

I wouldn't mind moving Mcateer inside

and Mav taking up the Wing.

Fatawu had a great short debut,let's start him..

Edited by fuchsntf

10 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Hull have some good players and those players punished us. I want us to be more brave on the ball and quicker with our passing. We need to , it wasn’t good enough yesterday despite the possession. We hardly tested their goalkeeper.

I think the international break has come at the right time for us, to work on the system and also show more flexibility going forwards, namely trying to shift to a 3-5-2 when we cannot break teams down.

I don’t agree at all with your first sentence. 

Hull are just organised, can defend fairly well, and are ****ing dirty as ****.

The goal conceded was completely of our doing, Doyle was poor, he allowed him inside far too easily, and Yannick decided he wanted to move closer to Doyle giving the lad a shooting chance, he then left a hole and lazily stuck his arse out causing the deflection. 

Complete lack of leadership at the back led to that goal. 

We were our own worst enemy yesterday, and I’m happy with that, because that can be remedied.

It felt like Puel and Rodgers gave a joint team talk before the match, I've had the defeat of us by Hull on our first game as defending champions on my mind all bloody week and just relived it, Doyle and the one footed KDH need to pull themselves together before they're picked again. Faes had some good moments...and how about the monster header out of defence from Vestergaard. There were some encouraging signs from our new Ghanaian, I'm looking forward to seeing more from him.

Edited by norwichfox
  • Haha 1

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but why didn't we really put the pressure on their 2 and (I think) 5 when they were booked so early in the game? There was a point where McAteer was clipped in the first half by the 2 but stayed on his feet. If he'd have gone down then they are potentially down to 10 and the game changes. Also frustrating that their 2 was horrendous 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, joeybside said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but why didn't we really put the pressure on their 2 and (I think) 5 when they were booked so early in the game? There was a point where McAteer was clipped in the first half by the 2 but stayed on his feet. If he'd have gone down then they are potentially down to 10 and the game changes. Also frustrating that their 2 was horrendous 

Good point.  Doubt that 🔔 end of a ref would have sent any of their defenders off though.  

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The goal conceded was completely of our doing, Doyle was poor, he allowed him inside far too easily, and Yannick decided he wanted to move closer to Doyle giving the lad a shooting chance, he then left a hole and lazily stuck his arse out causing the deflection. 

We were our own worst enemy yesterday, and I’m happy with that, because that can be remedied.

I doubt Vesty sticking his arse out can..

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

So you don't think Hull have any good players?

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

So you don't think Hull have any good players?

Not particularly no, I thought they were poor in attack…. Delap is average, and he’s probably their best player. What I can say is they’re fairly organised and well drilled, but that’s about it. Coyle can’t even play football, so why we didn’t attack him more is beyond me. 

We lost the game because of us, not because an Hull are decent. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Honeymoon period over. We have good players for this level but we need more than 6/10 from at least a couple. Doyle was cack

Doyle has been good .....however the position is now guaranteed his with the other left backs moving on .all off a sudden theres no compition ..i thought he had a shocker, ball control was poor, positioning was off. Getting turned inside out,  he did not seem focused at all

24 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Hull did pass the ball well yesterday. They created several opportunities with slick passing into the middle and out on the right that created chances.

They also knew how to defend in numbers when we had the ball. On another day, some of our chances go in, but equally they had some good chances. We deserved at least a point, but it wasn't a travesty that Hull got something out of the game. I think they'll do okay this season.

ref was awful, but so has been most of the refs so far.

We were awful, slow, lacked invention of any kind.

Even this early you only have to look at the table to see why we won`t be going back up without big changes, second lowest number of goals in the top half of the table and the big question where will they come from ?

Like the new players hopefully they will become a team because at the moment we are just a series of good and bad cameos all over the pitch, good run here, give the ball away there.

Its going to be an interesting season

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Not particularly no, I thought they were poor in attack…. Delap is average, and he’s probably their best player. What I can say is they’re fairly organised and well drilled, but that’s about it. Coyle can’t even play football, so why we didn’t attack him more is beyond me. 

Rosenior really did his homework.  Hull didn't burn themselves out like other teams have (although lack of added time in both halves also contributed to that). I felt that their players didn't chase us down relentlessly when we had possession, and were happier to sit back and bank on us being wasteful, which we were. Delap was arguably the fine margin that won the game, largely because they had Doyle completely worked out.  I have a horrible feeling we are going to see many teams exploiting Doyles lack of pace in defence.  On a quick counter, if you are able to play the ball out to the right wing cleanly and cut in against Doyle you are going to create loads of chances against us.

I agree with you that we lost the game. There were a few chances we should have taken and im sure on other days we would, but this is where the inflexibility of the system grates me. We dominated this game and man for man were completely superior, yet very few significant chances arrived. 2 shots on target feels very, very wrong! I still think if Enzo said to them 'f**k it - do what you want' we could have ripped them apart.

KDH is getting a lot of criticism, and to some degree rightly so, although there were far worse players on the pitch than him yesterday.  He is still the only pacy option in the middle of the pitch and is making things happen. I thought KDH was much better when Mavididi settled down a bit in the last 15 minutes or so. Mavididi took a little while to get going but once settled the 2 of them worked together quiet well.  Ndidi has been honking the last 2 league games, and Nacho is hugely ineffectual. Really worried about the latter.

I'm not going to panic. I suppose my only gripe is that 7 games in i wish i had been able to enjoy some of it a little more. I still feel that when this clicks its going to be awesome, i just don't want to wait the whole season for that to happen.

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Greaves is very good, hence numerous people on here wanting us to sign him, Scott Twine is also class, Connolly is hardly shite either. You're also saying we lost because of us? But isn't it possible Hull also had an off day but somehow still got the result.