Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

25 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

can't really judge given they deliberately stopped any football happening from about the 30th minute onwards

Weren't we all applauding Winks for potentially bringing that dirty side to us with stopping other sides attacking. Aware they did a lot of it however

Edited by Tommy Fresh

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think Enzo strangely seemed like he was darkly happy that we’d lost. 

Ha ha! I thought this too! Suppose he is realistic to know that the top 2 in this division are going to lose many and draw a shed load of games. Get a defeat out of the way to help get a rocket up the players backsides.

• Like 3

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Weren't we all applauding Winks for potentially bringing that dirty side to us with stopping other sides attacking

There's that, and then there's the keeper holding the ball for 20-30 seconds every time he got it (so much for the whole 6 seconds rule), their CB taking 30 seconds to take every single goal kick... The ball was hardly in play to actually play football yesterday 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Greaves is very good, hence numerous people on here wanting us to sign him, Scott Twine is also class, Connolly is hardly shite either. You're also saying we lost because of us? But isn't it possible Hull also had an off day but somehow still got the result. 

Connolly is beyond Wank, he’s also got a horrible hair cut that belongs on SMTV live…

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

There's that, and then there's the keeper holding the ball for 20-30 seconds every time he got it (so much for the whole 6 seconds rule), their CB taking 30 seconds to take every single goal kick... The ball was hardly in play to actually play football yesterday 

Yeah it's shithouse and it's annoying being on the receiving end, but it's down to the ref to add time on or hurry them along. Agree with your point it's harder to gauge ability though

15 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Weren't we all applauding Winks for potentially bringing that dirty side to us with stopping other sides attacking. Aware they did a lot of it however

Agreed i don’t have an issue with how Hull played it’s up to ref to control the game and manage it accordingly, if there had been 10 minutes additional time then that would have adequately penalised them, instead he shit his pants and bottled it. 

55 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Ha ha! I thought this too! Suppose he is realistic to know that the top 2 in this division are going to lose many and draw a shed load of games. Get a defeat out of the way to help get a rocket up the players backsides.

Teams like Hull City see us as the Man City of the championship, and so raise their own game, a bit like a cup tie and they are the rank outsiders. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

This is bullshit. We weren’t “levels above” them at all and we didn’t lose because we were “wasteful”.

We lost because they scored a goal from a moment of poor goalkeeping/defending and we created nothing. 

There’s more to a game than one deflected moment lad

• Like 2

The positives so far outweigh the negatives, but personally, I don’t like the defensive high line when you have absolute slugs as defenders. And also the anti footballers that are N’didi and Dewsbury-Hall in such advanced positions. 
Let’s see what Enzo can produce after the international break.

“Probably we need to be a little bit more clinical. When you shoot more than 20 times, you need to be more clinical. The first half we started in the right way until they scored, then for 15 to 20 minutes probably we lost a bit of control because we were pressing in the wrong way. Then we adjust something and the last 10 minutes of the first half and the second half completely we were in control. Probably I don’t remember three or four passes in a row for them because we were aggressive. When you shoot more than 20 times, probably you need to be more clinical, but sometimes this happens.”

The reality is we didn’t create too many clear cut chances. We were too slow especially in transition. 20 shots yes but they were mostly forced when we had no better choice.

• Like 2

Jesus I thought the refs in the Premier league were awful but this guy Busby blooming hell he was atrocious what was it 8/9 yellows some for Fuch all the best bit of his incompetence was the 3 minutes added time what with Hull time wasting every chance they could the head injuries and Substitutions guy behind me recons we should have had at least 14min added time.

All in All tho Tw@ out of the way Hull came to stop us playing and at times they did that very well, it’s just that final product we lack I know this is going to be a contentious issue but I and a few others around me believe we should bring Daka back into the squad whether he starts or comes on later he’s the missing piece in this jigsaw and would score for fun in this league we need to utilise what we have in our squad to get out of this league and if that means bringing Daka back so be it !!

• Like 3

Was super impressed with Hull to be honest, no real standout players but they look very well coached. Think Rosenior will go far.

We didn’t deserve to lose, but didn’t deserve to win. Bit of a smash and grab and humbling experience but we move on.

Ref was scandalous. 

• Like 2

Really poor goal to concede, after Doyle was beaten Vestergaard made no effort to block the shot.

From the highlights we looked to have created several decent chances which on another day could have been converted for a 2-1 win.

A lot of our passes are sloppy and behind the intended player or the first touch is off like  when KDH took a poor touch and should have passed to Mavididi instead of shooting again.

Fatawu looks like a good impact player from the bench when the game is stretched and players are tiring.

Another 2 weeks to work on the system with the new players but would like to see Casadei from the start against Southampton and hopefully Coady will be back.

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Jesus I thought the refs in the Premier league were awful but this guy Busby blooming hell he was atrocious what was it 8/9 yellows some for Fuch all the best bit of his incompetence was the 3 minutes added time what with Hull time wasting every chance they could the head injuries and Substitutions guy behind me recons we should have had at least 14min added time.

All in All tho Tw@ out of the way Hull came to stop us playing and at times they did that very well, it’s just that final product we lack I know this is going to be a contentious issue but I and a few others around me believe we should bring Daka back into the squad whether he starts or comes on later he’s the missing piece in this jigsaw and would score for fun in this league we need to utilise what we have in our squad to get out of this league and if that means bringing Daka back so be it !!

Daka should definitely score for fun in this league, just like how he did it with Red Bull before joining us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

“Probably we need to be a little bit more clinical. When you shoot more than 20 times, you need to be more clinical. The first half we started in the right way until they scored, then for 15 to 20 minutes probably we lost a bit of control because we were pressing in the wrong way. Then we adjust something and the last 10 minutes of the first half and the second half completely we were in control. Probably I don’t remember three or four passes in a row for them because we were aggressive. When you shoot more than 20 times, probably you need to be more clinical, but sometimes this happens.”

The reality is we didn’t create too many clear cut chances. We were too slow especially in transition. 20 shots yes but they were mostly forced when we had no better choice.

The point about clear cut chances is correct, I've seen people say we missed lots of chances but I think they get confused confused by lots of shots. Vardy header, Iheanacho chance which was called offside but may have been changed, and hitting the post. Everything else was half chances from what I can remember.