Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

8 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Need Coady ASAP,  shouldn't be losing any home game against the crap in this league.

Genuinely don't think having coady would have made the least difference.  Hull didn't threaten our defence, the goal was a fluke and it's unlikely he'd have added any accuracy to our shooting.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Genuinely don't think having coady would have made the least difference.  Hull didn't threaten our defence, the goal was a fluke and it's unlikely he'd have added any accuracy to our shooting.

Hull scored and sat back, clearly a well coached plan, the goal wasn`t a fluke, it was a good run badly defended and a bit of good luck on a well struck deflected shot.

The problem was we were clueless what to do about it. Couple of individual efforts end of story

Edited by steveb

Just now, steveb said:

Hull scored and sat back, clearly a well coached plan, the goal wasn`t a fluke, it was a good run badly defended and a bit of good luck on a well struck deflected shot

We had numerous better chances and didn't get that luck. Admittedly we shouldn't be relying on luck, but there really wasn't anything amazing about what they did.

3 minutes ago, steveb said:

Hull scored and sat back, clearly a well coached plan, the goal wasn`t a fluke, it was a good run badly defended and a bit of good luck on a well struck deflected shot.

The problem was we were clueless what to do about it. Couple of individual efforts end of story

Would it have gone in without the deflection? 

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

We had numerous better chances and didn't get that luck. Admittedly we shouldn't be relying on luck, but there really wasn't anything amazing about what they did.

So a poor team incapable of amazing beat us, whats going to happen when we play the teams who can deliver amazing occasionally ?

4 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

We'll win because we'll be better by then. 

Chill your boots man

I`m chill dude, but i`m not seeing amazing, potential maybe, but riding our luck so far against mediocre opposition with lots of other teams banging in far more goals than us

Edited by steveb
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, steveb said:

The shot was a fluke by virtue of the fact that had the defender not been there it would have been straight at hermansen - it literally only went in because of a ricochet that could have gone any where.  He turns doyle well, but it's a weak shot that would never have troubled hermansen.

Just now, Lillehamring said:

The shot was a fluke by virtue of the fact that had the defender not been there it would have been straight at hermansen - it literally only went in because of a ricochet that could have gone any where.  He turns doyle well, but it's a weak shot that would never have troubled hermansen.

who knows, maybe it would have gone under him, lap of the Gods, simple fact is he did well , got his shot away, we defended badly then barely responded to get back in it

15 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

There's a reasonable arguement that Fatawu's shot on to the post was far superior in technique and application than Delap's - and they were from pretty similar positions.

Delap hits his straight at a defender and it ends up in the net, Fatawu's curls round the defender, beats everyone but ends up about an inch away from bouncing off the post into the goal.  One of those days.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

There's a reasonable arguement that Fatawu's shot on to the post was far superior in technique and application than Delap's - and they were from pretty similar positions.

Delap hits his straight at a defender and it ends up in the net, Fatawu's curls round the defender, beats everyone but ends up about an inch away from bouncing off the post into the goal.  One of those days.

I agree, a draw would have been fair on a dismal game, but his next attempt went into row z, personally i like him nd he was one of the few that made real effort

2 minutes ago, steveb said:

who knows, maybe it would have gone under him, lap of the Gods, simple fact is he did well , got his shot away, we defended badly then barely responded to get back in it

If hermansen couldn't have saved the shot then he's a worse keeper than ward, it was a weak shot that he kicked straight at a defender - 99 times out of 100 that is not a goal.

Just now, steveb said:

I agree, a draw would have been fair on a dismal game, but his next attempt went into row z, personally i like him nd he was one of the few that made real effort

I don't think there was a lack of effort from any of the players - in fact, they worked really hard -  it was just poor decision making and poor execution in the final third that was the problem

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, steveb said:

I`m chill dude, but i`m not seeing amazing, potential maybe, but riding our luck so far against mediocre opposition with lots of other teams banging in far more goals than us

I agree….Personally I think we’ll start slipping down the league…..we’ve been poor so far and lucky to win all the games and yet to face anyone half way decent….I hope I’m wrong but I think this Enzo guy has zero management credentials.

• Like 1

Just now, Lillehamring said:

If hermansen couldn't have saved the shot then he's a worse keeper than ward, it was a weak shot that he kicked straight at a defender - 99 times out of 100 that is not a goal.

the real points are how many attempts had the league leading home team had on goal by then ,, yep 0, and how badly , yet again was their goal defended

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Daka should definitely score for fun in this league, just like how he did it with Red Bull before joining us.

...I would be surprised if he can be effective in this setup!!!

We do not attack at pace, he needs the play to be at a higher tempo and the ball moved quicker, and not all defenders back in position.. I know he is a skillful player, but he does not show that in the way he has performed so far, but he will have to adjust his game significantly to fit in to this way that we play,

4 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I don't think there was a lack of effort from any of the players - in fact, they worked really hard -  it was just poor decision making and poor execution in the final third that was the problem

So running around like headless chickens is acceptable ? So long as they run round. Oddly i clearly remember seeing people walking several times and i mean the ones on the pitch not the ones leaving 5 mins early

Edited by steveb

14 minutes ago, steveb said:

So running around like headless chickens is acceptable ? So long as they run round. Oddly i clearly remember seeing people walking several times and i mean the ones on the pitch not the ones leaving 5 mins early

I didn't say that i was responding to your suggestion that fatawu was the only one making an effort?