Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

32 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

The shot was a fluke by virtue of the fact that had the defender not been there it would have been straight at hermansen - it literally only went in because of a ricochet that could have gone any where.  He turns doyle well, but it's a weak shot that would never have troubled hermansen.

I didn't think there was any luck when it came to scoring/missing chances? :ph34r::P

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would be surprised if he can be effective in this setup!!!

We do not attack at pace, he needs the play to be at a higher tempo and the ball moved quicker, and not all defenders back in position.. I know he is a skillful player, but he does not show that in the way he has performed so far, but he will have to adjust his game significantly to fit in to this way that we play,

I think it works both ways. As I separately mentioned, we are too slow in our play especially in transition allowing the opposition to set up their defence by the time we get to the final third. We need more pace up front to mix it up. We struggled to create too many clear cut chances not just against Hull but throughout our first 7 games. Yes Daka may not suit the slow game so far, but we also need Daka to make our game become faster or at least to allow us to mix it up. We don’t really counter attack at all when in transition. Maresca wants us to play like Man City, but last I check Man City are great at counter attacking at pace too (while of course they can break teams up too without it).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

I think it works both ways. As I separately mentioned, we are too slow in our play especially in transition allowing the opposition to set up their defence by the time we get to the final third. We need more pace up front to mix it up. We struggled to create too many clear cut chances not just against Hull but throughout our first 7 games. Yes Daka may not suit the slow game so far, but we also need Daka to make our game become faster or at least to allow us to mix it up. We don’t really counter attack at all when in transition. Maresca wants us to play like Man City, but last I check Man City are great at counter attacking at pace too (while of course they can break teams up too without it).

...I agree that we do need to mix it up, we have done that at times with Vestergaard playing long diagonals to the wingers, we seem to stop doing this!!!

He (Daka) will not be effective from a standing start, with little space behind a defence.

On 03/09/2023 at 14:06, Corky said:

It was for the officials.

The officials were horrific the ref gave out cards as if he’d be getting bonuses for who gave out the most that weekend, and I’d love to know where he only got min from with 9 subs 3 so called head injuries a few injuries and Hull wasting time ??

It should have been more like 15 than 3 I hope we never have that Busby Tw@ officiate another game for us In This league or another league to come to that he isn’t fit enough to officiate a paper bag blowing up competition!!

23 hours ago, The Doctor said:

If Vestergaard hadn't been there... Or if he made any attempt to block it rather than stepping slightly sideways to create a wall to unsight Mads. Maybe one not awful performance v Rotherham was just a blip...

He’s been okay all season, not just had the one decent game.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2023 at 16:47, robski said:

I agree….Personally I think we’ll start slipping down the league…..we’ve been poor so far and lucky to win all the games and yet to face anyone half way decent….I hope I’m wrong but I think this Enzo guy has zero management credentials.

That’s the spirit!

On 03/09/2023 at 19:34, Tom12345 said:

Your last sentence…took Man.city more than a few seasons to get there..