Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

Most frustrating thing for me, and it’s been the same for the last few seasons, is how many points we seem to cough up at home.

When was the last time we had a really good run of being unbeaten at home? Just picking up consistent points, wins or draws, at home makes life so much easier on the road it almost takes the pressure off a bit. I understand that teams will come to us and sit back and it’ll make it more difficult for us, I just find it frustrating that we can never really seem to make the KP a difficult place to come. Teams turn up and get gifts like that did today semi regularly, we make it so ****ing hard for ourselves sometimes. 

• Like 2

It's so easy to find your shape again when defending against tika taka so you have to have superb creativity. Which we have relied on to get us out. It was always going to catch up with us if we didn't improve. That could have been the result in any of our previous 4 games.

It really isn't good enough though. Even if we'd have got something from it you need to question so many passages of play. KDH needs to get his head out his arse and realise where he is. The players that haven't left need to really graft to get us out of this too. I see little signs of that. 

This needs to be the wake up call. Maybe finally showing we don't always get out of jail will up the urgency. Nowhere near enough meaningful balls when they could have been played, and I'm a big fan of this style.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bourbon Fox said:

This is pure bollocks 

It's not though is it.

We've looked poor even when we have won, today's result is hardly a suprise. 

Players have absolutely no idea what they or they team mates are doing. There doesn't look like any game plan, any urgency or any structure. 

A few fancy passes, play it back to a defender because you don't dare play a forward ball or just take a shot from somewhere your never going to score from.

I've not seen a single good performance yet and unless this Enzo way of playing suddenly begins to work, there will be many more results like this to follow.

Anyway, besides maybe the new winger that came on, fancy giving me just 1 positive? Literally, just 1 will suffice?

Poor but we have to expect games like this. We've been fortunate enough to win every game till this point whilst in the early phases of Maresca's reign. 

Doyle's worst game for us, he was beaten far to easily numerous times.

Casadei needs to start but the only question is who does he replace because Ndidi and KDH were both bad today. KDH was notably bad. 

Yunus wasn't great today. It was his first game, granted but he needs to be more positive. If we wanted someone to turn and pass back everytime we could just play one of our many keepers there. 

Vestergaard and Faes looked decent for the most part. 

AFI was exciting when he came on, always looking to go past his man and I think he was unfortunate not to create something, particularly with Vardy making those runs across goal.

Short corners can get in the bin. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

They were lucky to score, but our xG was pretty low too. I did feel in the last 10-15 that they were holding out and throwing bodies on the line, but we rarely tested their keeper.

But as you say it's one of those. We have won quite a few games where the opposition had better xG than us. Today statistically we should have won the game and lost! That's football. But we haven't yet absolutely dominated a game from start to finish yet and thrashed someone. And that's what I am expecting from December onwards.

I hope you're right but I'm less confident about that. I realise that it's really early days but I'm just not seeing a match on match improvement in the level of our performances. We're crying out for a creative CM who can a pick a pass against a packed defence. 

4 minutes ago, Drink Water said:
  • Poor creativity
  • Dire refereeing
  • Terrible shot accuracy 

Those 3 bullet points sum up the game perfectly.

If you have over 20 shots I don’t think the creativity is the issue. We might have been slow at times today but we had plenty of decent chances. Our shooting was just absolutely woeful.

No one is going to be at full pelt after 6 games, everyone is finding their way this season - we've not been able to field our full strength team yet. Everyone is going to beat everyone else at this stage and all conquering Burnley had some iffy early results last season.

We've had a great start and frankly I'm amazed we've not lost before this one.

Southampton will be a huge game as we both look to bounce back from disappointing results.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

hopefully next game Coady will be back, and casadei etc will get in

hopefully against Southampton we'll start like this
Hermansen

Ricky P

Coady 

Faes

Doyle

Winks

KDH

Casadei

Abdul

Kel

Mav

I’d be getting Cannon involved, Iheanacho is never going to score enough goals for us and you’d hope we’ll have more space in these next two away games in behind.