Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

LCFC 0 - 1 Hull Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Partly agree we don’t create enough but Iheanacho hit one straight at the defender when the keeper was beat and was a pretty embarrassing miss at the end of the first half tbf.

It was a chance that came up from Hull’s defence making an error so it doesn’t absolve our lack of creativity, but you can absolutely blame Nacho for missing that one 

He was offside anyway so made no odds. We created nothing today and got what we deserved. Zilch. Hull did nothing either and got a lucky deflected goal but its very concerning that we haven't created alot in any game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

So we had 11 shots from inside the box, but didn't create anything?

I said anything threatening :P. 11 shots in the box. 6 blocked, 3 missed the target, 1 hit the post, one saved. Our system means we get a fair few players into the box, but having shots in the box doesn't mean they threaten. You need to actually test the keeper. But I appreciate others might not agree.

• Like 1

Just now, jayfox26 said:

He was offside anyway so made no odds. We created nothing today and got what we deserved. Zilch. Hull did nothing either and got a lucky deflected goal but its very concerning that we haven't created alot in any game. 

We have created plenty of chances today, two headers that I expect a professional footballer to take. KDH  also shot straight at the keeper, thats 3 for you sweet cheeks. 

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

I said anything threatening :P. 11 shots in the box. 6 blocked, 3 missed the target, 1 hit the post, one saved. Our system means we get a fair few players into the box, but having shots in the box doesn't mean they threaten. You need to actually test the keeper. But I appreciate others might not agree.

Haha, give it up. If hitting the post isnt threatening then  what is??

look I agree with the new manager, new players, new system, etc

but i dont think we will "bounce straight back" like most are saying

other teams will gel also so lets see whats going on in January but with what I have seen I dont see it, too slow, lazy, lack of ideas to go straight back up first time of asking, we wont go down but got this gut feeling will take us a 2 or 3 year spell to get back up immediately, theres a hell of a lot to do

It’s alright saying “we’ve had 21 shots” bla bla bla.. but realistically, if you’re completely honest with yourself did we EVER look like actually scoring..? 

We were toothless and other than Fatawu, far too predictable and easy to defend against. 

He won’t change, and maybe it’ll come good, that remains to be seen. However, in a game like that we clearly NEED a plan B and today we didn’t have anything resembling one. KDH is on borrowed time for me, I’d love to see McAteer in his role as he’s offered nothing again today. Thought Ricardo was poor, as was Doyle today. 

Can pick this apart all you want, but it’s nothing different to what we’ve seen every week so far. Our luck was out today and Hull are a better outfit than we’ve faced (possibly not Cov) and we got found out. It is what it is. 

Work to do Enzo. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Partly agree we don’t create enough but Iheanacho hit one straight at the defender when the keeper was beat and was a pretty embarrassing miss at the end of the first half tbf.

It was a chance that came up from Hull’s defence making an error so it doesn’t absolve our lack of creativity, but you can absolutely blame Nacho for missing that one 

We had 7 shots blocked today, compared to their 7 total attempts. 

People don't seem to grasp how difficult it is to create 'easy chances' when there are so many bodies in the way.

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

We have created plenty of chances today, two headers that I expect a professional footballer to take. KDH  also shot straight at the keeper, thats 3 for you sweet cheeks. 

The kdh shot was a half chance at best and yes the 2 headers were chances but wouldn't say clear chance. Bet our xg today was under 0.5 

We actually played okay, as did Hull. Both teams passed it well. We're still a bit too slow at times in the build-up though. Fatawu injected some much needed pace. He looks a really good buy. Has to start as does Casadei.

I've still not seen Vestergaard run this season. How he manages to play walking football at this level is a mystery. Hurry back Coady. Faes also caught out a couple of times. We need to be able to resort to a back four when required. Better teams will take advantage. Doyle also skinned a couple of times today which was worrying. 

Overall though very unlucky to lose that. Some poor finishing. On another day we win that 4-2.

Officials not great.

Just now, nettle said:

We will always struggle with Iheanacho up front because he's too inconsistent. Let's hope Tommy Cannon is the real deal.

I think if we want the strikers to play well, Casadei needs to start. Still trying to figure out what Wilf contributes in the position he's playing.