Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

Overall record in the Prem: Played 28. Won 9, drawn 5 LOST14. 2 reds against us, plenty of pens.

In the championship: Played 7, won 1, drawn 2 lost 4.

Mighty suspicious looking stats, for a team that won the Prem and finished 5th twice and was consistently top half, and when in the Championship during his tenure we've always been chasing promotion.

Also, in the Covid season when we were going after the Champions League - he reffed us vs Arsenal and Spurs away, Chelsea at home, and Man U away. Granted we won all of those, but a bit odd it was exactly those games he was selected for, isn't it?

• Like 1

Absolute sh**hole of a ref. But I genuinely wasn't that aggrieved by the disallowed goal. It took the benefit of a replay to see.

The Ricardo yellow was stupid but equally could have dished out a second at the end and didn't.

We're at fault tonight

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HybridFox said:

Absolute sh**hole of a ref. But I genuinely wasn't that aggrieved by the disallowed goal. It took the benefit of a replay to see.

The Ricardo yellow was stupid but equally could have dished out a second at the end and didn't.

We're at fault tonight

I remember doing my referees course 20 odd years ago and one of the things they drilled into us then was: it’s fine to make a mistake not seeing something, you can’t make a mistake giving something you haven’t seen.

To give that offside he has to be100% certain that a Leicester player has played the ball, he can’t so has guessed and got it wrong - that’s a terrible error.

Twice this season we’ve had 1st v 2nd games and whilst 1-0 up in both we’ve had horrible decisions go against us that would have killed both games. It’s becoming beyond a joke.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HybridFox said:

We're at fault tonight

If the linesman can't see who's touched the ball, then why is he flagging

• Like 3

Last night and the penalty at Ipswich and we are 14 points clear at the top!

Can't help but feel plenty of refs have tried to "level the playing field" by making it harder for us. Some horrific decisions against us, and I can't remember too many shockers going our way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

This is why I'm still pro VAR. Does it need more communication in the ground yes, but refs need all the help they can get because 90% of the time they're just guessing, there's no reason to give that offside against Daka at all

Introduce broadcasting the mic communication between VAR and ref on the telly too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Introduce broadcasting the mic communication between VAR and ref on the telly too. 

Have you heard the communications though? They make it sound as if they're trying to land a space shuttle when in actual fact they're deciding whether Ollie Watkins left nut sack was a millimetre offside 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Have you heard the communications though? They make it sound as if they're trying to land a space shuttle when in actual fact they're deciding whether Ollie Watkins left nut sack was a millimetre offside 

So big, it's always offside.

• Haha 1